Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2018, 10:40 AM   #37
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

We haven't posted to this thread for awhile. Maybe IR will come back around. Any other NBA fans? I am one - just of the casual variety.

I had thought about it two years ago, when Minnesota hired Tom Thibodeau as coach - then last summer I totally switched my allegiance from the Chicago Bulls to the Minnesota Timberwolves. Continual dissatisfaction with Bulls management, they ran Thibs out of town, got rid of all the players I had grown to love - then went on a "tanking" campaign to start about the 6th "re-build" since the Jordan era.

So when Minnesota traded for Jimmy Butler - formerly my very favorite Bulls player - then kept picking up other former Bulls, it was easy to switch allegiances. Like cheering for the same team, different uniforms.

Anyway - happy with how my T-wolves did this year. Interesting stuff going on in the NBA otherwise: all the guys switching teams last summer, emergence of the 76ers, how well the Harden/Paul pairing has worked in Houston (most legitimate challenger to what has been a powerhouse Warriors team - which I'm already sick of), and Boston coming on strong and staying strong - even after losing TWO top acquisitions from this past summer. Pelicans are a very interesting team now. All kinds of new talent emerging. And probably at least 12-15 ex-Bulls in the playoffs on other teams - while the Bulls had a very bad record, but not near the worst (does tanking really work if 8+ teams are doing it in a given year? :P ).

Anybody else out there watching - and enjoying at all?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote