Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Life of J.R.R. Tolkien and his Other Works
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-22-2004, 01:44 PM   #21
Forkbeard
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
You mean Christopher Tolkien!? Who is blackening his name!! Don't listen to these silly gits Christopher, you RULE! You brought us the Silmarillion and HoME (IIRC)! You are a genius!!

And if it's not Christopher, well I still hope that person ignore the net people. I didn't even think people in Real Life listened to the rantings of net people.
No it wasn't CT. I've written to the person in question, but haven't written back yet. The details have appeared in print now, so if I have time this week, I'll post things here.

In any case, it was CT and the Estate who did pay attention to silly ramblings of sillier imbeciles and were concerned with negative publicity and so pulled permission. Sad but true.
Forkbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 01:52 AM   #22
Forkbeard
Elven Warrior

I've heard from the editor and he thanks those who wished to write letters and emails but says that that would probably not help. He is endeavoring to rebuild his relationship with the Estate and feels that in time the project will go ahead.

I've not mentioned his name, though it wouldn't be hard to figure out, because of the bad press on the Internet a couple of years ago, and figured the last thing this project needed or the person in question was us discussing it, and for something else to be misunderstood or go awry. If you are really dieing of curiosity PM me and I'll be glad to tell you a truncated version of the tale in private.
Forkbeard is offline   Reply With Quote