Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Hobbit Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Unexpected Journey: Extended Edition DVD

I have not bought the DVD for the first Hobbit movie yet. I thought I'd just wait for the Extended Edition. Who else intends to get that?

I could check someplace - but does anyone know offhand when the EE DVD comes out?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:39 AM   #2
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I'm not really considering getting the extended editions this time. Not all the extra scenes in LoTR were really worth it, so I'm thinking The Hobbit's may not be either. And after all these years I realise I haven't seen every extra item on them either.

We already bought the regular DVD so we could see it since we couldn't make it to the cinema. So I'm thinking that will be it for now.

I dunno, maybe if they come out and people rave about the extras I might reconsider.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

I didn't know that they were releasing an extended edition! I would love to hear what people think of it when it comes out!

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
tolkienfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

I have both the theatrical and extended editions! I haven't watched the extended yet, but I will today before I go off to the midnight showing of the Desolation of Smaug. I'll report back what I think after I watch it
And many miles be still to go,
But under a tree I will lie,
And let the clouds go sailing by.

twitter
shesabrandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:50 AM   #5
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

You know, I STILL don't have any DVD's of the Hobbit movies. What about the rest of you? And since the whole book is sort of ... extended anyway, is there worthwhile extra stuff in the Extended Editions?

I've noticed the movies are getting a lot of play on TV lately.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:03 AM   #6
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I got the first one as a gift, and I think my mom bought the second one mainly because she wanted to see it. I did get the last DVD again as a gift, but honestly, I haven't even gotten to seeing it. And I'm not even ashamed of that either.

I can only say the Hobbit movies didn't entertain me as much as the LoTR-movies. I still watch those regularly when I see they're on TV but not the Hobbit-movies.

But I haven't seen many Hobbit Extended Editions in the shops either, not nearly as often as you see LoTR Extended Editions. But I don't know whether that says anything as to the quality of the added material.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:04 PM   #7
Olmer
Elf Lord

Didn't get to the third movie, yet, but , watching the second one, I was more entertained by the Appendices, where shows how they were making the movie. Sometimes it's hilarious, sometimes it makes you to feel a great respect for the incredible work they have done.
Olmer is offline   Reply With Quote