Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Hobbit Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Tinman
Enting

Gandalf Hobbit movie - Plot hole? SPOILERS

Hey guys.

The hobbit is my favorite book... so, i'm very biased, obviously. I feel like the movie took a lot of liberties, but... its a movie, so I'm trying to allow myself to separate the book and film and enjoy each for a different reason.

I have one thing that really bothers me. In the books, gandalf had found the necromancer's identity when he went into Dol Goldur... he also retrieved the map and key from Thrain at that time. In the movie, this is omitted. Instead, its radagast who enters dol goldur, and no hint is given as to where gandalf found thrain. Do you think they'll explain this, or is it an oversite?
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

I suspect that it will be revealed later. And... the way they're playing Gandalf - he may have known about the Necromancer at Dol Guldor for some time, but didn't share the knowledge. Largely, I think, because it's already clear that he mistrusts Saruman.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote