Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-18-2003, 10:59 PM   #1
Michael Martinez
Elven Loremaster

December 19 interview on 1200+ US radio stations

My publicist just sent me word today that I'll be interviewing with KTRH News Radio (740 AM) in Houston, TX on Friday, December 19. The interview will be taped and broadcast across the nation on 1200+ radio stations of the CLEAR CHANNEL NETWORK.

To find a Clear Channel Network affiliate in your area, check out the network's Web site at:

http://www.clearchannel.com/rad_index.php
Michael Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 11:05 PM   #2
Michael Martinez
Elven Loremaster

Ack! Forgot to add that we THINK the broadcast will occur sometime around 3PM Central Time (Texas Time). You'll have to check with your local affiliate to see what time it really is.

I'll try to see if we can capture the broadcast and post it.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:21 PM   #3
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

I will have to write this one down. I would love to hear it. I always forget these things, or remember too late, dangit.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 11:54 AM   #4
Michael Martinez
Elven Loremaster

KTRH will begin broadcasting the intereview at 11:00 AM Central Time today. They will replay it (or sound bites) throughout the afternoon.

People who can listen to Internet broadcasts can get to KTRH here:

http://cc.liquidviewer.com/ktrh/play...iewer.com/ktrh

They have sent the interview to the other 1200 stations for replay on their own schedules.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:53 PM   #5
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Your radio spot is almost on. (12:52 EST) thanks for the web link.

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 01:57 PM   #6
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

I must have missed it.

They only played a 15-30 sec. sound bite. Hopefully the entire spot is recorded someplace for people to listen to at a later time.

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 08:23 PM   #7
Michael Martinez
Elven Loremaster

I'm sorry about not being able to give a better warning. The interview only lasted a few minutes anyway.

A friend of mine has tried to capture the broadcast. I'll know this weekend if he can extract the interview. If he can, I'll ask for permission to post it on the Web.

MERP.COM has offered to host the audio file if we get permission.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:52 AM   #8
Maedhros
The Tall

I was just reading the Rules of Conduct in Entmoot and I saw this:
Entmoot Rules:
Quote:
Advertising other sites is not allowed either, except for in one designated thread. If it pertains to the discussion, you can post a link; we just don't want you to start a thread merely to advertise your site, since this clutters up the board, and we're not paying for Entmoot to provide free exposure for your site.
So I was wondering if advertising of an individual is ok?
2. Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere.
As a noun American is:
A native or inhabitant of America.
A citizen of the United States.

Then the boy asked, “What is America then?”, and the wise man looked at the dictionary again:
1. The United States.
2. also the A·mer·i·cas. The landmasses and islands of North America, Central America, and South America.

Confused, the boy asked, “Does the term american refers solely to a us citizen or to any person in North, Central or South America?”
The wise man replied: “What do you think?”, and the boy answered: “It is clear to me that while the term american is used to refers to us citizens, one can also use it to refer to any person who is from that continent too,” the boy thought for a while and asked the wise man, “Am I right?”, and he replied: “But of course.”
The boy wondered, why is it that some people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the term american refers not only to US citizens but to anyone of the American continent?, but then sadly, the boy understood, that it is the calamity of ignorance.
Maedhros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 12:07 AM   #9
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Maedhros
I was just reading the Rules of Conduct in Entmoot and I saw this:
Entmoot Rules:

So I was wondering if advertising of an individual is ok?
Well, Michael Martinez is somewhat of an exception to this rule. He has given Etmoot exposure on his site, plus he posts his fantastic essays at Merp.com on Entmoot. If you look at the credits on the Tolkien Trail, you will see where he is credited for being a long time supporter of this site.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 12-21-2003, 01:25 AM   #10
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Who gives a crap about people advertising, especially if it is something Tolkien related...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 01:40 AM   #11
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
Who gives a crap about people advertising, especially if it is something Tolkien related...
Well, Ben does allow advertising in the specific thread in GMs. It's just that he has to pay for the site every month and he says in the rules that he just doesn't want people to advertise their sites except in that thread. You can post links to sites, if it is related to the discussion. Besides, there doesn't seem to be many that post Tolkien related sites. MM is the only one I can think of really.

Travel and Tourism Guide