Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-22-2002, 10:51 AM   #1
Elf Girl
Lurker

Who are you in ME?

I am Luhtarian, eniel Losse ar Kanyar. Or, in English, Luhtarian, daughter of Losse and Kanyar. I used to live in Lorien, but the Valar sent me here, and gave me the ability to assume a human form, that I might pass for a human. I'm supposed to use subtle methods to make the race of Men believe me, for they stray too far from what is good. I may not reveal my elf form to any save other elves, sent for similar purposes. Only a few monthes ago, the Valar spoke in my heart to tell me that I may be less subtle and tell the Men who I am. (this attracts a lot of questions at school) My agenda stands as follows: Get the race of Men to believe me. Go home. Say goodbye to Lorien. Marry Glorfindel. (who I am already betrothed to). Sail west. Unfortunately, I can't do anything until I do the first one. *sigh*

Who are you?
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 01:50 PM   #2
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

I don't get it, are we supposed to make up a new charicter, or what are we suposed to do?

Something to be happy about being confused? Lets see, I get ask a question, and questions are fun to ask! I geuss they are at least!

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 02:07 PM   #3
Elf Girl
Lurker

No, it's just if you are obbsessed enough to believe in ME, you introduce yourself. I believe everything I said in my above post.
Old 12-22-2002, 04:58 PM   #4
Ñólendil
Elf Lord

I am Dylan Standlea, which is Welsh and Old English for "Wave" and "Stone-clearing" (respectively), and am a young Man of California, currently typing a post on an online Tolkien forum called Entmoot.

Sorry, I just can't resist these sorts of opportunities.
Old 12-22-2002, 05:05 PM   #5
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

I am Falagar, High-Elven lord of the remaining High-Elves in ME...
After having traveled to Valinor in the 4th age, I was given permission together with 50 other ñoldor people to travel back to ME. I am greatly dissapointed with ME's condition.

Am I mad? No, just obsessed. And if I keep telling myself that, in the end I will belive it
Old 12-22-2002, 07:24 PM   #6
Curunír
Enting

I am Annúnwing, an elf from the Noldor race. I'm in Middle earth such a long, long time. I came with Fëanor to Middle-earth, and I lived in Gondolin and Nargothrond. My whole life I studied the history of Middle earth. I have seen kings come and kings passed, I travelled from the most beautyful elven-cities to places like Angband. Now that the third age is going to his end, I'm returning to Valinor, together with the last of my race...

Sorry again for my English...
ulle frulle kulle a cup of milk huy!
Curunír is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 08:57 PM   #7
Entlover
Elven Warrior

I wonder if I saw you, Luhtarian, or some close relative, at the 3:00 showing of TT at the AMC cinema in Seattle today. A young woman in a beautiful white dress, with a guy in black -- clearly elves. I was going to ask if they were mooters, but didn't want to intrude.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 10:49 PM   #8
azalea
Long lost mooter

I'm going to move this to the ME forum.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 07:16 AM   #9
Elf.Freak
Orli's lil fan

lol, ok!

i am Lómódë. I live in Mirkwood, but have been known to travel around Middle Earth. I am an elven warrior (i requested it, even though i am female) and i most recently fought in the Helm's Deep battle (see TTT). I am also a singer and musitian (ok, i can't spell, so WHAT?!)
i chose to stay in Middle Earth and defend it, and not go to the Grey Havens. Middle Earth is my home. I won't change my mind (ok, my sister has just walked in and called me 'obsessed', RUDE! (i would say 'over-obsessed'))
~
I've gotta new avatar! looks kinda like me...anime style!
~
LOST: Orlando Bloom. If found, please send him straight to Elf.Freak
Elf.Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 09:37 AM   #10
Millane
The Dude

My name is Rorin Oakenmallet and i was the love child of Durin the Deathless and a pretty elvish lass whose name is unknown to me... Although i appear to be a dwarf i was given the grace of immortality from my mum... My Hammer of Battle named Hob i battled alongside Elendil and sons and Gil-galad in the Last Alliance... after Elendil was cast down i leaped with a fury that hadnt been seen in Middle-earth and smote Sauron down with a mighty blow to the head (i was on a rock), Isildur then bent over the incapacitated Sauron and proceeded to saw saurons fingers off in a practice he called "souveneering"... i lived in many different places in Middle Earth, mostly in Mirkwood with my wood elf kin and Imladris where Arwen and i formed a relationship... 1 of my passtimes is roaming my first home of Khazad Dum where many orcs taste Hob...
i grew weary of M-e after Arwen ditched me for Aragorn and so travelled to the undying lands where i hunted alongside Orome and fought Tulkas... but most of my days i sit and talk with Aule...

Last edited by Millane : 12-23-2002 at 10:29 AM.
Millane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 10:04 AM   #11
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Entlover
I wonder if I saw you, Luhtarian, or some close relative, at the 3:00 showing of TT at the AMC cinema in Seattle today. A young woman in a beautiful white dress, with a guy in black -- clearly elves. I was going to ask if they were mooters, but didn't want to intrude.
I don't think so, since I live across the country from Seattle, but I did leave this wonderful white dress behind in Lorien, when I came here.
Old 12-24-2002, 03:39 AM   #12
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

My life is a long and sad story, which few will wish to hear.

I was born Kalome, the young daughter of Firiel and Arthedain, and the last princess of Arnor. Before my first birthday, however, our home was destroyed and my mother died taking my elder brother and I to the sanctuary of Rivendell, where I grew up being treated as another daughter of Elrond alongside young Tinuviel. We were taught all elven skills together, her excelling in fighting and myself focusing on lore, music and the nature skills of my dunedain heritage. Celebrian herself christened me Linuial, song of the twilight, for my sweet voice.

However, when I was in my late 40s and reaching my full beauty as a young maiden I was on an extended riding trip in mirkwood when I found the body of one of my close friends, Finlos of Lorien. Devastated, I vowed to search for her killers and have my revenge. Unfortunately, I was captured by Orcs (after slaying a good many of them) and brought back to the fortress of Sauron. There I was tortured to the losing of my memory, and given the ring Morya. I was trained in the fighting arts and given the steed Wathalion, and soon rose to become Morauko, the Queen of the Nazgul, their Umrien (dark queen). For centuries I terrorised the folk of Middleearth with my dreadful figure, the First Servant of Sauron.

Upon the defeat of Sauron, instead of being destroyed, I regained my memories. In hatred of myself I hid in Fangorn Forest and wept for many days, before being found by Tinuviel. Elessar pardoned me for the deeds committed without my knowledge, and i became entrusted with the duty of restoring Mordor to its former beauty, and fighting in the defence of goodness in a desparate attempt to undo my foul deeds.

Eventually my mortal friends died off, and my elven friends left for Valinor, where i could not follow them. And as middleearth changed over the millenia I rarely showed my face, however continued to protect all that was good to this very day. Sometimes you may see a dark shadow in the deepest forests of the world... that is me... but the day will one day come when there will be nowhere left for me to hide. On that day I will take off my ring and throw it into Mount Ruapehu, then let my soul finally depart from my body to the halls of Mandos, knowing that I have fulfilled my duties to mankind. And whither then? I cannot say.

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Nazgûl Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 03:42 AM   #13
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I am Lomiel Lhasgalen, which mean 'shadow maiden' Greenleaf, and I am the daughter of a Noldorin maiden and a Teleri shipwright. I was born in the days of the Two Trees, and dwelt mostly in Alqualonde, but also in Eldamar, where I learned many crafts, for I am quite evenly balanced between the natures of the two races of elves I was born of. I learned the use of bow and spear for hunting, and eventually even the sword. After the kinslaying, I felt divided in my loyalty but ended up staying by the Teleri, but afterwards I grew restless and spent more and more time at sea. When the first age drew to a close, I went with the ships that sailed to Middle Earth for the War of Wrath and fought beside my Noldorin kin against the armies of Morgoth. While I was there I grew to love Middle Earth and stayed, wandering far and wide across the great forests. I settled for a while in Hollin but grew restless again and left before the making of the Rings of Power. I went to Greenwood the Great, then, and I loved the trees and stayed a while with the wood-elves. There I took my surname, Lhasgalen. But again I grew restless and the sea-longing was great in me so I left again for the shores of Middle Earth where I took a ship from the Grey Havens and returned to Tol Eressea. Still I was not satisfied with staying in one place, which led to my adventures which eventually led me to be a pirate, and now I am the drunk captain of the pirate ship the Nal.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!

Last edited by Eruviel Greenleaf : 12-26-2002 at 10:54 PM.
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 02:42 PM   #14
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Nazgûl Queen
Eventually my mortal friends died off, and my elven friends left for Valinor, where i could not follow them. And as middleearth changed over the millenia I rarely showed my face, however continued to protect all that was good to this very day. Sometimes you may see a dark shadow in the deepest forests of the world... that is me... but the day will one day come when there will be nowhere left for me to hide. On that day I will take off my ring and throw it into Mount Ruapehu, then let my soul finally depart from my body to the halls of Mandos, knowing that I have fulfilled my duties to mankind. And whither then? I cannot say.
*sniff* That's so sad...
Old 12-26-2002, 03:03 PM   #15
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

I am liz and I am a descendant of the Human race from Middle-Earth centuries ago. I now have evil computer technology and can use my evil technology to post posts on a forum about the books by a man who hated technology.
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 05:35 PM   #16
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
In life I am Abbie...a strange curly haired human child who's head is up in the clouds. In ME I am a number of people...each with their own history. I am Baranduin a hobbit scholar from Minas Tirith. Or I am Alaird Took...a red headed hobbit exile who has all types of weird adventures. Or I'm Sam faithful Gardener to Frodo Baggins and cook.
Tell you more later,
Cheers,
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 10:55 PM   #17
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

I am Losillewen, Daughter of Galadriel, Nenya bearer, the bearer of the stone of Ulmo, um..... I am now writeing my backround, so I cannot yet post it here. *sigh*
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune
Ms. Undomial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 12:09 AM   #18
BeardofPants
the Shrike

A bad tempered sheild maiden. #$@%!
Old 12-27-2002, 12:45 AM   #19
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Arfur Pipefull...........Hobbit Tobbaco Merchant

Or failing that.

Eliah Horizontal..........Prancing Pony regular

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 09:50 PM   #20
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
In the late third/ early fourth age (that being my previous life), I am Nariel (The Firestar), daughter of Elarril (Star of Noble Brilliance), Leader of the Guard of Thranduil, King of the Elves of Northern Mirkwood. I also accompanied Legolas to Ithilien, where I lived until I was murdered in my sleep (which usually puts a damper on living).

Reincarnated, and according to my research, I am now a descendent of either Aragorn and Arwen or Faramir and Eowyn. Now you may wonder why I am not sure which it was, but let me explain. During the reign of Aragorn, he was conducting an audience with Faramir. Eowyn and Arwen were both with child at the time (this was after the birth of Eldarion) and one of them gave birth. But all the mentions of the child, his mother, and where he was raised have been erased for some unknown reason from the records. Several years thereafter Aragorn died, and the records continue by telling of Eldarion, with no mention of the mysterious child, except to say that his name was Elranas (Elvish roughly translated for "star-faring leaf") and he married Fëariel (spirit star), an Elf of the Woodland Realm. Of their child, Thangmir (the Jewel of Oppression) much is told. It is said he sailed the seas, discovering new lands and new peoples. He made alliances with these new peoples. His son, Ëarmel (lover of the sea) was then faced with the worse side, for a group of these, known today as Vikings, swept through the lands of Middle Earth, plundering and destroying, and even burning their own records of the events. Ëarmel fled to a land across the sea, where he lived out his days. The great-great-grandson of this man was the first of the Knauf(ff, ft)s, in a land that is now called Germany. And those are my relatives. So there.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote