Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Life of J.R.R. Tolkien and his Other Works
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-23-2007, 02:44 PM   #21
Forkbeard
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ravyn
yes, i have heard of "beowulf and the critics"; i'm attempting to get a hold of it. i also read about "the ancrene riwle" but i can't find that ANYWHERE. i mean, it's on amazon (if you look REALLY hard) but i can't seem to get it from any sort of library and i own a copy of "sir gawain" i shall definetly look up this 'Shippey' person, though... i found a couple books out there by a Michael D. C. Drout- ever hear of him?
Coming late to this party, sorry. Next time you run into a problem like this, drop me a PM, and I'll have a chat with your "professor". If you're curious, the Ancrene Riwle is found in the Early English Text Society (EETS) series, just look up their web site. And yes, Shippey, Flieger, and Drout are in my view among the very best Tolkien commentators.
Forkbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:48 PM   #22
Forkbeard
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ravyn
omg i never posted it?! shame on me!

ok, well here 'tis, though i truly wish i had been allowed to make it longer... or at least that i had been smart enough to save it seperately before i cut it down to this minimalistic thing...
Not bad....what did you receive on it? The content is good.
Forkbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:10 PM   #23
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

thanx! i got an A!
:-D

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote