Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-19-2005, 10:50 PM   #1
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

How many messageboard members does it take to change a lightbulb?

How many message board forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

1 to move it to the Lighting section.

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section.

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

5 to flame the spell checkers.

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"… another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum.

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs works best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLs.

3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add “Me too”.

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to say, "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say, "Do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:30 AM   #2
katya
Elven Maiden

Shouldn't there be some people in there to start a conversation completely unrelated to light bulbs?
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:12 PM   #3
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

so.... talking of hippos ...

excellent Finrod! I think you missed a trick though as katya said!

Oh so true - particularly liked the 7 who warned of the dangers of changing lightbulbs!

best BB

EDIT: just realised something: Katya there is no intended comparison between you and a hippo intended in any way shape or form! It just sprang into my head in defence of your too true point! ( he says starting a whole new conversation...)

Last edited by Butterbeer : 06-20-2005 at 01:16 PM.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 03:50 PM   #4
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

To Katya and Butterbeer, exactly!

I especially enjoyed the "13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add “Me too”."

But don't forget the 3 people who will, in response to the lurker who bumped the thread, quote the people who quoted everyone previously to add "me too", thereby starting a huge quote pyramid.

And don't forget the 1 verbose poster who will state the obvious in a round-about and wordy way.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 04:19 PM   #5
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
But don't forget the 3 people who will, in response to the lurker who bumped the thread, quote the people who quoted everyone previously to add "me too", thereby starting a huge quote pyramid.
Yikes, scary! I am convinced that's what's going to bring society down someday in the future

... I just come to realize I have 8 lightbulbs in my home that needs changing. I wondered why it was getting so dark in here
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 05:13 PM   #6
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

How many messageboard members does it take to change 8 lightbulbs?

maybe this explains how ancient egyptians created the pyramids: Jonathan will go down in arceholigical history if it is proved true
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote