Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-08-2004, 10:04 PM   #1
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Yea! I had no idea bmilder would work so fast!

Edit: I should add, that this goes to show that "The Council of Entmoot" keeps its promises!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 03-08-2004, 10:12 PM   #2
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
That would've been perfect at the end of this sentence:
here ya go then...
Oh, Bombadillo, dont think that you are free to change sides...Falagar is more than just the internal affairs minister , heehee....

To Tell The Truth, I'd say my team is doing an the best job campaigning.
Nirv, MSN!!

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 03-08-2004, 10:26 PM   #3
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

Nazgul

yay! a new smilie! i hope you get all your campaign promises through so quickly, hector!

oh, and of course: mwahahahaha!
lol

thanx, bmilder!

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:00 AM   #4
BeardofPants
the Shrike

A new smilie? Heh heh heh.

But what about a new 'cool' smilie? That one sucksass.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:11 AM   #5
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
A new smilie? Heh heh heh.

But what about a new 'cool' smilie? That one sucksass.
now BoP, what happened to that little answer that my little question needed? eh?

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 03-09-2004, 01:26 AM   #6
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
But what about a new 'cool' smilie?
Actually I've been working on one, I'm still tweaking my design. I hope it gets implemented as quickly as the evil one did, thanks bmiler! FM also helped me too, I didn't know it, but he proposed addidng another smilie too. <- my design though, simple yet effective.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 03-09-2004, 06:13 AM   #7
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Oh isn't this perfect?
Soo perfectly ... evil. Heh.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:17 AM   #8
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Hehe. doesn't it remind you of wayfarer's smile:

]: )
Old 03-09-2004, 11:52 AM   #9
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Oooh...evilness
Old 03-09-2004, 12:05 PM   #10
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
Yeah, speaking of which, wasn't Jonathan supposed to come back 1 week later? And it's been at least two. Hmm... maybe he's actually counting on JD being allowed to campaign for him in the Official Debate.
He's back from vacation, I'll poke him with a stick and make him post.

Don't worry, though, you will have a very strong VP, should we be voted into office.

EDIT: He's working on a school paper. Where are his priorities?

Last edited by Ruinel : 03-09-2004 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:23 PM   #11
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I just want to apologize for a misunderstanding about the evil smilie. I did design a smilie just like this , but apparently, I actually didn't have anything to do with the new smilie. It was possibly Fat Middle, he was actually involved with the project. I emailed him probably quite near to when they were ready to add it, so it appeared to me that they were using my idea, when really, they were using their own idea that I thought of independently sometime after.
Quote:
Old 03-09-2004, 01:45 PM   #12
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
I actually didn't have anything to do with the new smilie.
Actually, you did have something to do with it. Your email helped me to retake the idea we had have a month ago and to put Ben to work in it.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:23 PM   #13
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

Now, MY candidate has hesitated to thrust herself forward, but almost all of you know her quite well! As she has always demonstrated by her kindness, helpfulness, patience, maturity, wit, sense of humor, knowledge of JRR Tolkien's work and commitment to this board, I think there could be no better candidate for President of Entmoot than Sister Golden Hair!!!

Some may wonder why, as admin, she should desire to be President. We can let her speak for herself on that one. However, some of her opponents, I fear, have planted notions that she's scheming to make some sort of 'power grab'. What a silly notion! As an administrator - and arguably the most visible admin present on the board - she has consistently demonstrated responsible use of power. That speaks volumes!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 03-09-2004, 02:32 PM   #14
Beor
founder of the color blue

Arguably the most visible, but definitely the most active, and when has she ever used the power she already has inapproiately? She hasnt, that is the answer. Sister Golden Hair has always been a constant source of support for the entire population of the Entmoot, and she has always been dedicated to running a smooth, appropriate board, and has been whole-heartedly dedicated to making this a comfortable and accepting place to be.

I would say that as an admin, she has already demonstrated to everyone why she should be president, as she already has more of the level of responsibility on her shoulders than she would need as president, and we have all seen this on several occasions. This election, to not give Sister Golden Hair your vote, would be like not listening to Gandalf's wise advice. Vote for the candidate that has been pulling the weight of a President all along, vote for Sister Golden Hair
Old 03-09-2004, 05:58 PM   #15
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Fat middle
Actually, you did have something to do with it. Your email helped me to retake the idea we had have a month ago and to put Ben to work in it.
Thanks FM.

Welcome to the Open House guys! It's nice to have representatives from other parties in here. Previous questions that have been asked include, "What do you feel about spam?" as well as Tessar's excellent list of questions (from the Presidential debate thread.)

I don't think you could say SGH is the most active campaigner, but she's done a lot for the board and has been around the longest (of the candidates) as well.
Quote:
Old 03-10-2004, 10:44 AM   #16
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Hmmm...It seems everyone is letting their VP's do all the talking. Well I'm here, and I think you all know me well enough to know that I care only for the well-being of Entmoot and the furthering in the world of Tolkien knowledge. And to enlighten "movie-only" fans to read the books!
Old 03-10-2004, 12:00 PM   #17
Drgnslyer
Elven Warrior

Those are very valuable qualities Finrod, and definately needed to be President, however those are echoed through all the candidates...in order to really seperate yourself from the field you need to be unique, and have a responsible staff to help yourself....running a one man show can be seen as not willing to work in a team, as well with any workload it's more effecient to distribute it amongst a few capable people to get the highest quality work done.

Just some food for thought for all candidates.

Think before you act, but act before it's too late.

He is a man of sense who does not grieve for what he has not, but rejoices in what he has.

You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims.

The Utopian Oldschool Champ.
http://games.swirve.com/utopia
www.Orderofavalon.com
Old 03-10-2004, 12:16 PM   #18
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel

Welcome to the Open House guys! It's nice to have representatives from other parties in here. Previous questions that have been asked include, "What do you feel about spam?" as well as Tessar's excellent list of questions (from the Presidential debate thread.)
Thank you Valandil and Beor.

To comment on the spam question: As an admin and former super mod, it has been my job to make Entmoot spam free. As we all know though, some spam is inevitable. It is important not to be heavy handed as long as it is not taken to extreams. Just like threads veering off topic, there must be some allowances within reason, without being heavy handed. As your president you are guaranteed with me that your rights as a mooter are protected under the rules and you are guarenteed the right to post freely without fear of reprimand or ban without due process. You can be sure that I am always here to help as admin and to fairly represent you to the Entmoot staff as your president. And although I am an admin, I am a mooter first.

Quote:
I don't think you could say SGH is the most active campaigner, but she's done a lot for the board and has been around the longest (of the candidates) as well.
Thank you Nurv. I will be answering Tessar question soon.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 03-10-2004, 12:30 PM   #19
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

I never said I wanted to do it alone. I am always in need of assistance as any president should be!
Old 03-13-2004, 10:42 AM   #20
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Alright, there hasn't been much campaigning from my side the past few weeks. But that's going to change, from this moment I'm in the presidential race for real.

I've answered Tessar's questions in the The Official Entmoot Presidential Debate thread. I will answer any further questions here as well as debate with the other candidates

http://my.hsonline.net/~rrosetta/ent...athan/jon1.jpg
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.