FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-28-2000, 10:37 PM   #1
DayStar2002

What do you collect?

i collect video games, dvds, feathers, and pictures
Old 09-28-2000, 10:54 PM   #2
anduin

Nice topic :)

I collect fabric...especially Guatemalan I-Kat, books, old Popular Machanics, old print blocks, sewing machines, antique furniture, and jigsaw puzzles.
Old 09-28-2000, 10:56 PM   #3
Saruman Brokenwhite

Re: Nice topic :)

The skulls of my enemies!
Old 09-28-2000, 11:09 PM   #4
Son of the Suns I

Re: Nice topic :)

I'm a big collector of Star Wars stuff, especially the action figures. Other than that, I collect random things like Disney items, comic books, and classic rock LPs.
Old 09-29-2000, 01:57 AM   #5
Niffiwan

I'm a big collection of Star Wars stuff too, except I couldn't care less for the toys (well, I could, but...).
I collect rare Star Wars videos that nobody except the serious collector has even heard of. I'm planning to get the "Droids" and "Ewoks" videos pretty soon...
I also collect SW books, although not as much.

I will continue collecting LoTR related books until I've found every last one... well, not really. I focus more on the older books that are out of print now.

In general, I focus on collecting old, out of print books. I go to "used book stores" and Goodwill stores regularly.
My current obsession is with collecting "travel diaries" of people who go to remote places like South America, Africa or Antarctica.
I also buy any "animal" book that I can find if I think that it's not too childish. I generally prefer the ones that are completely realistic like Raptor Red and Biography of a Grizzly, although occasionaly a book such as Jonathan Livingston Seagull comes up that's right up there in my favorites list with Raptor Red and LoTR.
I also collect fossils, and books about paleontology.
I also, as something to do when I don't feel like reading or churning the computer on, collect Gameboy Games, some of my favorites being Bust-A-Move 4 and Nascar Racing '99. Probably Zelda too, but I haven't played it enough to find out.

If anyone's wondering, no I don't have N64 or anything else like that.

Oh, and I collect shells when I can find them.

I also collect "Wildlife Factfile" cards, which is, I guess, where I get my fascination about nature from (mostly on the animal side, but I'm now starting to take a closer look into plants).

Who actually read this?
Old 09-29-2000, 02:18 AM   #6
anduin

Re: ...

LOL.....I almost fell for your sig again!
Old 09-29-2000, 03:06 AM   #7
IronParrot

Re: ...

Pens
Old 09-29-2000, 03:34 AM   #8
Jochen Deyke

Re: What do you collect?

I collect computers. Mostly older PCs.

--
Old 09-29-2000, 04:14 AM   #9
Johnny Lurker

Hmmmm...

I guess that the only thing I really "collect" is football championships, etc... of which I have a fair deal.
Old 09-29-2000, 06:51 AM   #10
emilsson

Re: Hmmmm...

I collect Star Wars Lego of starfighters and Depeche Mode CDs.
Old 09-29-2000, 12:18 PM   #11
Hobbit Hood

I collect ill-gotten gains from the dwarves...
Old 09-29-2000, 12:30 PM   #12
Sauganast

Gil, why the heck do you have three identities? You are not fooling anyone, and they always reply to each other, whats up with that?
Old 09-29-2000, 12:40 PM   #13
Eruve

It's just Gil's little joke. He felt the need to create a new identity so he wouldn't make Elf Lord before me. (See the Gil's 500th post thread.) As to why he created two pseuds, who knows?

To answer the topic: I collect dust.
Old 09-29-2000, 03:18 PM   #14
Saruman Brokenwhite

Bah!

Thanks Eruve!

No, if I were trying to fool everyone, I'd have to get a different computer, a different ISP, and I wouldn't link to my own pages in my signatures an I wouldn't leave my mail address displayed in my profiles!

Now Sauganast you will pay!

The skull of the Red Wizard will look fine on my shrine to Morgoth!
Old 09-29-2000, 03:20 PM   #15
Hobbit Hood

I get to pick his pockets!
Old 09-29-2000, 04:17 PM   #16
Miralys

I collect Star Wars stuff. Anything I can get my hands on really. My favorite thing I've gotten ahold of is one of those Pepsi coolers that are shaped like R2-D2. I also collect Star Trek and X-Files stuff but to a lesser extent. I go to conventions frequently and collect autographs that I have gotten there. My favorites are the two by David Prowse and Kenny Baker that are personalized. Conventions have a rep for being weird, and they certainly are but theyre a real blast.

I collect books. Mainly s/f and fantasy books but I have a fair amount of nonfic too. The used bookstore owner here knows me by name.

Collecting is a lot of fun. I guess you could say I'm a packrat but there's a method to my madness.
Old 09-29-2000, 07:24 PM   #17
DayStar2002

wow!!!! hehe i also collect...online names like mine right here
Old 09-29-2000, 09:22 PM   #18
anduin

Doc Martins.....currently 6 pairs.
Old 09-30-2000, 12:57 AM   #19
Shanamir Duntak

I had one pair... if you want them... they're.... hum... old!

I collect pictures of my best moments and my best friends (currently over 2000, but about 250 displayed on the walls of my bedroom.)
Old 09-30-2000, 11:40 AM   #20
dunedain lady

I used to collect rocks, but I don't anymore. I now collect pencils (I either accumulate them or lose them, depending on my mood) and interesting little somethings. Each something, maybe mathom would be a good word, is attatched to some memory or person. I've got a good sized collection by now on my dresser and bookshelves.
I guess you could say I collect books, but it's more a case of being a bookworm and unconsiously accumulating them. I also seem to unknowingly collect a great deal of cat fur.