Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-15-2005, 02:35 PM   #1
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane
Elven Warrior

Quidditch

Ok, we all know that Harry, James, Draco, and the Weaslys all play quidditch, but what about some of the other characters?

On most of the fanfics including quidditch in their plotlines, if Snape happens to be present, he is usually playing the game. My question is, did he? Lucious went to a lot of trouble to get Draco on the quidditch team, did he play? (Well...when I say trouble, I mean he took the time to spend some of his money). What about Sirius or Remus? I don't think that they play because of the pensieve memory that Harry views in the fifth book.

I was just wondering and thought that some of you might wonder too.
"Not only did my encounters with voters confirm the fundamental decency of the American people, they also reminded me that at the core of the American experience are a set of ideals that continue to stir our collective conscience; a common set of values that bind us together despite our differences; a running thread of hope that makes our improbable experiment in democracy work..." Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:04 PM   #2
azalea
Long lost mooter

I am almost positive that Snape didn't play. That is one source of his jealousy of James. I think the memory Harry sees of Snape trying to mount a bucking broomstick is supposed to give us a clue that this was one thing at which Snape wasn't proficient in school. And I have never heard mention of him flying in the books, not that that means anything. But I have a feeling this is a bit of a sore spot for him, and it makes sense in terms of equating him to a kind of wizarding nerd, gifted at spells, potions, etc., but physically less powerful and not good at sports, in this case, quidditch.

Not sure about Lucius, couldn't really hazard a guess there. Almost positive that Lupin wouldn't have, at least not on the school team. And there's no telling with Sirius. I would guess he could have been on the team at some point. I'm almost positive he would have played outside of school, though.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:28 AM   #3
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

Well, Snape referees a match in the first book.

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
tolkienfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:22 PM   #4
azalea
Long lost mooter

I'm sure he knows how the game is played, but everyone was pretty shocked that he was ref, and we know it was just to make sure Harry was safe.
So, do you guys think that Dumbledore played?
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:31 AM   #5
Avada Kadavra
Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea
I'm sure he knows how the game is played, but everyone was pretty shocked that he was ref, and we know it was just to make sure Harry was safe.
So, do you guys think that Dumbledore played?
i guess he might of played(Dumbledore),hay.......does anyone know if you can use spells or any charms during a quidditch game????
Avada Kadavra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:39 PM   #6
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avada Kadavra
i guess he might of played(Dumbledore),hay.......does anyone know if you can use spells or any charms during a quidditch game????
I think you can... just not on other players or the judge. Harry could do the Patronus, and Hermione did the spell on the glasses the first game on the third year IIRC. (to make Harry see in the rain)
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:44 PM   #7
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avada Kadavra
Some One Send Something <this Is My First Tym On Here?>
Welcome!

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
tolkienfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 02:11 PM   #8
Avada Kadavra
Sapling

ok i just wanna ask 3 simple questionz
1)Does any know what colours Robes of the Australian Thundelarra Thunderers are?
2)Are ther like....Best Beaters in the world as well????,not just best Seeker?
3)Whats your favourite International team???

Last edited by Avada Kadavra : 12-18-2005 at 02:14 PM.
Avada Kadavra is offline   Reply With Quote