Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-05-2005, 08:21 PM   #1
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

The initials R.A.B. [may contain spoilers]

So you know those initials at the end of the book in the locket that was supposed to be a horcrux? well i think that it was Sirius';s brother - Regulus A. Black. I think that the real horcrux is still at number 12 grimauld place which would mean that harry owns it.
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:56 AM   #2
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

There are so many "if"s when it comes to trying to predict things (but that's half the fun of it ). If R.A.B. is Regulus Black, Harry would own it, if the Horcrux and the locket at Grimmauld Place are the same and if Mundungus hasn't gotten his hands on it and sold it.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 12:51 PM   #3
JTB
Enting

It has to be Regulas Black! That's Sirius' brother, a DEATH EATER! Hermione says that R.A.B had to have known Voldemort to call him the Dark lord! I know it's him! Also, it says that Regulas is dead, right? So it also says that "I will be dead by the time you read this" or something like that. I just know it's him!
Old 08-07-2005, 07:40 PM   #4
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

yes, it most likely is him
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
durinsbane2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:20 AM   #5
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I agree with you guys. I guess Regulus wasn't the snivelling coward (IIRC) Sirius figured him for eh?

I'm sure Mundungus has done something with it. Otherwise the scene with him and Harry in Hogsmeade would just be a red herring. (Possible I guess.)
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:43 PM   #6
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

I agree that Mundungus stole it. That Hogsmeade scene wasn't for nothing! And it strengthens the evidence for RAB being Regulus. Yeah, I think Sirius underestimated his little brother. Slughorn mentions Regulus and implies that he was just as talented as Sirius. I even think Reg was in the Slug Club. And I think that Aberforth Dumbledore might have the locket now.... he was standing close to Mundungus when Harry saw them in Hogsmeade. While we know the identity of Aberforth (the barman in the Hog's Head), Harry does not, and I believe this will be part of book 7's plot.

So how did Regulus find out about and steal the locket? All we know is from his note, and what Remus says when they hear about Igor Karkaroff's death: that Regulus only managed to stay alive a few days after he abandoned the Death Eaters.

Segovia Mazes
Elanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 09:27 PM   #7
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khamûl
There are so many "if"s when it comes to trying to predict things (but that's half the fun of it ). If R.A.B. is Regulus Black, Harry would own it, if the Horcrux and the locket at Grimmauld Place are the same and if Mundungus hasn't gotten his hands on it and sold it.
and all of those if's we know will happen in the world of fiction, because reg is the only one we have heard of and makes sense, that would mean harry should be able to get it easily, but than the classic cliche of him getting there too late to get it after mundungis robs im!
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
durinsbane2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:17 PM   #8
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
So you know those initials at the end of the book in the locket that was supposed to be a horcrux? well i think that it was Sirius';s brother - Regulus A. Black. I think that the real horcrux is still at number 12 grimauld place which would mean that harry owns it.
i totally think the same. i think its hidden at grimauld place and harry has yet to find it

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Tamuril Sirfalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:04 PM   #9
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
Could the sorting hat be a Horcrux? (probably not, just an idea).It was one of the founders
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:35 PM   #10
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Well I don't think the sorting hat but perhaps the sword that Harry pulled from it and that is still in DD old office, belonged to the founder of Griffindor.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:49 PM   #11
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I doubt Voldemort could get it though. It's safe in the hat in Dumbledore's office. And also only a Gryffindor student could get it from the hat.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:02 PM   #12
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

RTB-you forget, the 'evil' forces got into Hogwarts once, I don't think a simple thing like a password (knowledge of) would keep them out of the office, if they assaulted the school again. As far as the hat thingy, anyone can get the hat if they get into the office, I just think that with all the interaction, each term, with students, it would have made a poor place to preserve part of ones soul.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:09 PM   #13
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
RTB-you forget, the 'evil' forces got into Hogwarts once, I don't think a simple thing like a password (knowledge of) would keep them out of the office, if they assaulted the school again. As far as the hat thingy, anyone can get the hat if they get into the office, I just think that with all the interaction, each term, with students, it would have made a poor place to preserve part of ones soul.
Agreed on the last part - though you have to admit it would certainly be unpredictable!

I still don't think it was possible for Voldemort to kill anyone in Dumbledore's office and put part of his soul in the sword while Dumbledore was Headmaster, without him knowing about it later.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote