Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #33
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

At first, EVERYbody has trouble reading The Silmarillion, but fear not! There are people here, especially Valandil, who can help you along in the effort, but, BUT: Let me tell you what MY secret key to opening & loving the Sil was.

It was when I special-ordered The Silmarillion hardcover illustrated by Ted Nasmith, back in '07 I think. Published by Houghton-Mifflin. Something about those incredibly lush, emotionally evocative illustrations and the way they go along with whichever storyline/chapter you're reading, makes it sooooooo, so much easier to love & comprehend.

It was like 20 or 30 dollars, can't remember, but oh, so worth it. It's one of my favourite books in my precious, gigantic personal library. Absolutely beautiful tome.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote