Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-10-2000, 09:34 AM   #1
Fat middle

Question for Mr. Jackson

I want to send a question to PJ at the official site.

i believe it´s not a too freak question so i think i may have some chance of being answered. being Spanish might also be another point to be selected because i think they´ll like to reach other "Internet markets" than America.

i´d like to know your opinions before i submit it and i´ll also thank any grammar corrections; i know Yodaspeaking ain´t fitting for a supposedly serious question

here´s the question:
Quote:
We are told that the release dates of the Ring´s Trilogy will be on Christmas of 2001, 2002 and 2003.
Ain´t you afraid that, seeing the meteoric development of movies technology in the last years, the last episodes of the Trilogy can be "outdated" when they finally will come to the theaters?
Is your release timeline invariably fixed?
Old 07-10-2000, 12:07 PM   #2
anduin

Re: Question for Mr. Jackson

Interesting question......it is true at the rate that technological advances are being made in the field of CG and film making in general, ROTK may look different than FOTR. Here are some corrections:

We are told that the release dates for the Ring´s Trilogy will be on (delete) Christmas of 2001,2002 and 2003. Aren't you afraid that seeing the meteoric (not sure that is the correct word...interesting choice though...I will let others decide. ) development of movie technology in the last years, the last episodes of the Trilogy could be "outdated" when they finally will (delete) come to the theaters? Is your release timeline invariably fixed?

Well, that is one way that it could be changed....different styles, different results.
Old 07-10-2000, 12:25 PM   #3
Fat middle

thanks for the corrections it seems that finally i´ll learn some English here i spite of the misspellers

more opinions please.
Old 07-10-2000, 12:29 PM   #4
anduin

Hey FM...how come I never see you on ICQ anymore? If you get this message in the next couple of minutes, go on....I have a question to ask you that isn't fitting for the board.
Old 07-10-2000, 12:41 PM   #5
Fat middle

doesn´t fitting? *ahem*

now i haven´t ICQ on this computer (work) but i use to turn it on home computer...

but you know: we are at different time zones. i´ll try to be on line later
Old 07-10-2000, 08:03 PM   #6
Darth Tater

Good question, I think anduin covered teh grammatical stuff. Also, I think meteoric is a good word to use.
Old 07-11-2000, 06:37 AM   #7
Fat middle

thanks!
Old 07-11-2000, 12:41 PM   #8
RKittle

Between the release of the first installment and that of the third there is only a time span of 24 months. Most of this time will be spent in post-production efforts. I'm thinking that by the time this stage of the movies has been reached, the methods used to create effects will have been already been put in place. There should be very little technical difference between the films except that the last should be smoother due to the experience of 3.5 years instead of only the 1.5 years they'll have had on FotR.
Old 07-11-2000, 03:13 PM   #9
Fat middle

well, in fact i was not referring to the difference between the 3 movies. That might also be, but my question was more directed to possible comparations between ROTK and other movies rich in technology that will be released in 2002.

SW Ep.2 will be filmed with digital technology...
Old 07-19-2000, 04:36 AM   #10
Shanamir Duntak

Every shot of the entire LOTR is supposed to be put on computer. So they are as far as I know, ahead of everyone on that. Maybe I'm mistaken, I don't really recall where I read that. But then they'll be able to "modify" every sequence as they see fit with computer tech as that tech advance.