Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-10-2002, 04:22 PM   #1
Hapira_Brandybuck
Enting

Gandalf vs. Saruman.... what should've happened

I think that there would have been an easy solution to the whole Saruman problem

all Gandalf had to do was give Saruman rigomortis!

my friend Jon told me this after he saw it (he hasn't read the books) and when I saw the movie after that it was all I could do to keep from busting up laughing lol

'My dear Frodo!' exclaimed Gandalf. 'Hobbits really are amazing creatures, as I have said before. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you at a pinch.
Hapira_Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 04:24 PM   #2
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
What? I know what rigomortis ism, but for some reason this confuses me.

Old 02-10-2002, 06:56 PM   #3
aldesign
Elven Warrior

im lost aswell whats Rigomortise?
never heard of that phrase over here in Uk

what he should have done is "Rauschambo" (cartman style kick in the nuts"

Or "Melvined him" (bill and ted style, Dude ur shoe lace is untied, then grap his nuts and pull em up hard)
aldesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 10:34 PM   #4
Hapira_Brandybuck
Enting

rigomortis is when you can't move and if Gandalf gave Saruman rigomortis, then there would be no worries!!

'My dear Frodo!' exclaimed Gandalf. 'Hobbits really are amazing creatures, as I have said before. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you at a pinch.
Hapira_Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 10:46 PM   #5
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

If Gandalf is actually the ling incarnation of Manwe (one of the kookier LOTR theories unporven in canon, but a nice concept) he should have used his divine powers to blow saruman up.

In fact if Gandalf could go to toe to toe with a balrog-no reason why he couldn't fight Saruman (even if he isn't Manwe). it be taxing and all but he could try.

Fortunetly the big M up in the mountain was being mighty generous.
Old 02-13-2002, 12:21 AM   #6
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Strider

There's one word you usually hear only at funerals and crime scenes. So I checked it out on the net:

rig·or mor·tis \rigr'mrds, -ts, -g'm()-, chiefly British rg()'m- or rg'm-\ n [Latin, stiffness of death] : rigidity of muscles after death depending in time of onset and duration upon variable factors in the body and in the environment

Going back to Gandalf and Saruman in the movie, you do have a point there Hapira_Brandybuck.

But come to think of it, if Gandalf were really powerful, perhaps as the Grey he had to wait for some consensus from the west before he was allowed as Gandalf the White. OR, it might be part of a strategy to lull Sauron into a false sense of security.

Remember what he said about Pippin gazing later into the Palantir of Orthanc that although it was a dangerous moment for the campaign since the darklord learned that a hobbit was in Isengard, he was not able to get a clear picture of the situation. The Eye was more focused on Minas Tirith and Isengard and thus not so much within the borders of Mordor where 3 little figures were "sneakin'"

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...

Last edited by Arathorn : 02-13-2002 at 12:23 AM.
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote