Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Literature
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2009, 09:14 PM   #16
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
I liked the first part of the book well enough, but till this day I find the second part rather depressing.

I'm currently re-reading my Sherlock Holmes books. Great fun. They're so old-fashioned that it's, well, sort of of endearing and cute. A window on a long-gone time when everyone had a housekeeper or a butler, telegrams was high-tech, brave, manly men could faint without looking silly and nervous brain-fevers were rampant. Really interesting.
Cool .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."