Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #101
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

I hope we haven't lost Acalewia - hope she hasn't given up on us ...

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Varnafindë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #102
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

There's no fixed order for posting, so anyone can post next. I don't think Acalewia has given up on us, she just hasn't been to the 'moot for a while, since the summer holidays by the looks of it. If we can't move without her, we can always send her a mail or PM.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:01 AM   #103
Varnafindë

Perhaps we could get this going again?

Old 04-14-2015, 11:52 PM   #104
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnafindë View Post
I hope we haven't lost Acalewia - hope she hasn't given up on us ...
I didn't give up on y'all. I just didn't have internet for a long time and I was getting tired of driving a few miles to where I could access the internet -goes to catch up-

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:39 AM   #105
Acalewia

I've made a post to bump the thread haha.

I'm a little out of practice.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:11 AM   #106
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

OH SNAP IS THIS HAPPENING?!!

Let's dooooooooo ittttttttttt!!!
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:49 PM   #107
Earniel

Aw, you're all still here and want to do this?

*wipes away a tear*

You guys rock!
Old 04-15-2015, 05:08 PM   #108
Acalewia

I miss you guys

Old 04-20-2015, 03:53 PM   #109
Varnafindë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
OH SNAP IS THIS HAPPENING?!!

Let's dooooooooo ittttttttttt!!!

I'll need to find and read again all the discussions and plans you and I had for our post and for where to go from it.

And Acalewia turned up at just the right moment
I'm sooo happy to see us moving again

Old 04-20-2015, 09:02 PM   #110
Acalewia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnafindë View Post

I'll need to find and read again all the discussions and plans you and I had for our post and for where to go from it.

And Acalewia turned up at just the right moment
I'm sooo happy to see us moving again
I only have your replies to that and I can't remember my side of the convo lol

I am too

Old 04-23-2015, 01:53 PM   #111
Varnafindë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalewia View Post
I only have your replies to that and I can't remember my side of the convo lol
I have everything - I'll send back to you what you sent to me

Old 08-03-2015, 06:07 AM   #112
Earniel

*bump*

I intend to try and get this game on the road again in the following weeks. Back in spring there seemed to be an interest for that at least.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:43 AM   #113
Midge
Faithful Gardener

AH! I want in. Don't have time to read it all now, but I will later and figure out a character.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:05 PM   #114
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Okay, read through the discussion thread and I have a couple questions: Is it focusing JUST on Dale? Or will there be pieces that take place in Erebor itself also?

Could you be a little more specific about this Council? How many people are on it? Just one or two most important ppl from each race? The reason I'm asking is because the people I'm thinking I might play aren't going to be "important", per se, so if a lot of the interaction is going to take place in a Council setting, there won't be any reason for me to write during those RP portions () and I'll rethink my characters.

I was thinking it might be fun to play a female dwarf who has stayed to assist in the cleaning up of the Mountain, and then also someone in Dale because I'd want to be part of things going on there too. Maybe a mother whose son has disappeared or something.

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 08-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #115
Acalewia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
Okay, read through the discussion thread and I have a couple questions: Is it focusing JUST on Dale? Or will there be pieces that take place in Erebor itself also?

Could you be a little more specific about this Council? How many people are on it? Just one or two most important ppl from each race? The reason I'm asking is because the people I'm thinking I might play aren't going to be "important", per se, so if a lot of the interaction is going to take place in a Council setting, there won't be any reason for me to write during those RP portions () and I'll rethink my characters.

I was thinking it might be fun to play a female dwarf who has stayed to assist in the cleaning up of the Mountain, and then also someone in Dale because I'd want to be part of things going on there too. Maybe a mother whose son has disappeared or something.
My character isn't on the council at all, but I'm not sure how the council works either...

Old 08-03-2015, 02:27 PM   #116
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalewia View Post
My character isn't on the council at all, but I'm not sure how the council works either...
Well, you understand - if we're planning on half of the interaction of the RPG to be taking place in the Council (or the really exciting interaction, or the plot-moving interaction) and my characters aren't on the Council, I'm either going to be kind of a loner, or incredibly bored.

On another note, if you like this sort of thing, here's a playlist of Youtube videos of a guy building Erebor in Minecraft.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:12 PM   #117
Earniel

Quote:
I had plans for this game to be more freeform than LLL (which did have a more detailed script) so no, the game will not be limited to Dale. Erebor too is available (I have a Dwarf character too), Mirkwood even if need be, or frankly any place this game takes us too. But at least for the start lets keep the focus on Dale, Erebor, Laketown and vicinity where all the characters currently are.

Quote:
The council is not really defined in composition or number. Having a council member as character can be useful since this game deals with the rebuilding of the place after Smaug wrecked it and having a character that can decide things opens plot opportunities and built-in reasons for our characters to interact. But as Acalewia said, she doesn't have one and that's fine.

Since many happened to have council members, a council meeting seemed the logical point to start and introduce our characters. By no means will the game need to be limited to council matters or meetings.

Quote:
Both characters sound great. I'd say go for it.

Quote:
Well, you understand - if we're planning on half of the interaction of the RPG to be taking place in the Council (or the really exciting interaction, or the plot-moving interaction) and my characters aren't on the Council, I'm either going to be kind of a loner, or incredibly bored.
I'd think we too might get mightily bored too if all we RP is council meetings. So I don't think that's all we'll be doing that. There ought to be enough opportunity for RP outside the council but you may have to come up with them yourself. I'll happily help out with plotting when inspiration for possible interactions is lacking, but I don't intend to steer this game the way I did LLL.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:29 PM   #118
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Sweet! Thanks, Earn! I'll have my character bios out pretty soon, and get to writing the intro posts for my characters. I'll wait till the (3-yr) council meeting ends, to give it more continuity. As far as I am concerned, my characters don't need to be introduced at the council, I think.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:45 PM   #119
Acalewia

Personally I'm fine with not having a character on the council. We do need characters not on the council to give the storyline a more "about the little guy" feel to it instead of focusing on the higher ups and will give a lot of freedom for other characters in investigate the wolves' strange behavor.

Of course, I also have to wait til the end of the 3 year council meeting to inform someone of what my character found lol

Old 08-03-2015, 05:13 PM   #120
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Character bios:

Name: FlÃ*s
Appearance: FlÃ*s is slightly thinner and shorter than most male dwarves, but still thicker than an average human male. She has a long red-blonde beard, which she keeps intricately braided and draped rather like a sash over her torso, and then tucked into her belt on the right. She wears an assortment of plain tunics and leather jerkins, with forest green leggings under her boots.
Bio: FlÃ*s is a niece to King DaÃ*n, a cousin of Thorin III. She is a jeweller with a creative streak in her, and chose to help with the reconstruction of Erebor because she sees it as an investment in her future there - as one of the original settlers, she may have a higher status than she would have if she'd stayed in the Iron Hills and migrated later. She is excited to see what she will find in Erebor - whether it be riches, or jewels to craft, or adventure - she is ready for anything!

Name: Siléma (sai-LEM-a)
Appearance: Siléma is about 5'6", and willowy; she is rather plain-looking, but only because she works so hard for her family and home. She usually keeps her long hair pulled back off her face and braided tightly. She wears aprons almost all of the time, except when she is sleeping or attending an occasion.
Bio: She married a blacksmith in Lake-town when she was 18 and they have four children - their oldest son is 17 and their youngest daughter is 5. Siléma and her husband had their home destroyed in the dragon attack, and quickly volunteered to be the first to resettle Dale - their middle son had always been sickly and living on top of the lake had never been good for him. They are excited to move to a land-based dwelling and start a small farm and get a smithy opened there.