Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2004, 02:04 AM   #1
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Favourite Quote.

We've got some of these in the other forums so I thought we should have one here.

What's your favourite line from the movie. Where is it and who said it. Why do you like it.

I have two. My first is Aragorn's line(s) at the Black Gate.
'Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers, I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails. When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields as the age of men comes crashing down. But it is not this day this day we fight. By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!'

And my second is Sam's at Osgiliath afte he saved Frodo, but that's even longer than the Aragorn one so I won't write it down.

What are yours?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote