Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-23-2002, 02:03 AM   #81
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I was too curious looking at the video games. 'Smoked any death sticks lately?

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 03:16 AM   #82
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Yes, I did notice them.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 06:23 PM   #83
Darth Tater
The man

Oh, I most certainly noticed them
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 10:11 PM   #84
Eruviel Greenleaf

. . .and now I'm amused by the different reactions to them

I liked that bit with the guy trying to sell Obi-wan death sticks. . .

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 05-24-2002, 11:37 PM   #85
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Holy Cow! I just got in from seeing it and whoa. I am blown away. Padme is hot, lightsabers rock, and Yoda is the man. The entire movie was awesome, no matter what the critics say. I loved John Williams' score. The love theme was beautiful and the touches of the Imperial March while Anakin was having a tantrum was a nice touch. I do believe that I heard Yoda's theme while he was holding that column over Obi-Wan and Anakin. I loved the scene where Anakin is looking at the sunset trying to decide if he's going to go after his mother. It reminded me of Luke trying to decide whether he wanted to leave Tatooine in the original Star Wars. I think they meant to do that, because even the music was the same.

Just one question: If Dooku was once a Jedi, why didn't he sense that Obi-Wan and the other Jedi were near? Darth Vader sensed when Obi-Wan came on board the Death Star. Does anyone have a clue why he didn't feel them?

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 11:57 PM   #86
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Khamûl

On your question why Dooku seemed to have not sensed the other Jedi, perhaps he did and was just waiting for them to come out.

Remember that his Master Sidius' main goal was to cause chaos and justify emergency powers and the creation of the clone army.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Old 05-25-2002, 12:02 AM   #87
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Ah... good point. I never thought that he might have been waiting on Obi-Wan to use him as bait for the other Jedi. Now that I think about it, he wasn't really surprised when all the other Jedi showed up.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 08:59 AM   #88
Darth Tater
The man

About Dooku, I don't think he wanted them to realise he was so highly attuned to the force.

This image probably won't last at this url very long, but here's a bit of the coolest shot in Star Wars history http://www.starwars.com/swtoday/img/swtoday_curve.jpg
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 11:14 PM   #89
Eruviel Greenleaf

Definitely the coolest shot--thanks!

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 05-31-2002, 01:52 AM   #90
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

I'm almost afraid to venture into the star wars forum and say that I didn't really want to see the movie...please don't hurt me.

Anyway, my sister and I went to see it---Yoda was awesome! good good good...neways...who wants to talk about book five (harry potter, duh) not coming out this summer? Okay, I'll head back to my corner in the general lit forum
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 06:15 PM   #91
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Some Easter Eggs to look out for.

* Trundling along the streets of Mos Espa as Anakin and Padmé go to meet Watto is none other than R5-D4, the grumpy astromech from Episode IV that blows its stack in front of Luke.

* What has become a tradition of sorts is the "Wilhelm," the affectionate moniker given to a very distinct scream sound effect used in all of the Star Wars films (and quite a few non-Star Wars films too). In A New Hope, it's the stormtrooper that plummets down the Death Star chasm. In Episode II, it's a Naboo soldier thrown in the opening explosion of the film.

* The very first shot of Episode II has an homage to another sci-fi classic as the camera tilts up to the crowded orbital traffic of Coruscant. "That shot had been executed in 2001: A Space Odyssey," explains John Knoll, one of Episode II's Visual Effects Supervisors. "I put an Orion space plane flying in there."

* Star Wars continuity purists will have a hard time explaining just how an X-wing fighter and TIE fighter got into the speeder chase over Coruscant.

* By now, many have spotted the familiar Millennium Falcon-style Corellian freighters docked on Naboo. "It was George Lucas' idea," says VFX Supervisor Pablo Helman. "He said something like, 'should we dare go there?' And we did." In addition to those saucer-shaped freighters, expanded universe fans might be able to spot a Corellian bulk freighter, the same model as Talon Karrde's Wild Karrde.

* It appears that Fett genes and low headroom don't mix. In an homage to the classic Star Wars misstep, wherein a stormtrooper bangs his head on a low-hanging door, Jango Fett also takes a wallop on the noggin -- complete with sound effect -- as he enters the Slave I after tangling with Obi-Wan.

* "There's these big cow-like creatures called shaaks that Anakin rides on Naboo," explains Knoll. "The shaaks got to be a bit of a joke with the crew. I put one in the asteroid sequence, in a reference to Ken Ralston [visual effects artist in the classic trilogy] having put potatoes and tennis shoes in space battle scenes previously. So there's a shaak there, but it's got the asteroid shader on it with craters. You really can't see it unless you start to look at it and see the legs and snout."

* "There may be a shaak on fire during the Clone War," hints Ben Snow, another of Episode II's Visual Effects Supervisors. "It was almost a competition. Can anyone get a shaak in their scene?"
Old 06-10-2002, 01:29 AM   #92
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I read somewhere that in the lower part of the zoom-out right after Anakin's and Padme's aborted first kiss, there is a coke can.

Sadly, I haven't checked it out yet.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Put aside the ranger...
Old 06-10-2002, 09:42 PM   #93
Aragorn
Elven Warrior

Here are some easter eggs(bloopers or mishaps or cool facts)

Coke Can (Anakin and Padmé love scene at lake retreat) - looked like a Coke can on its side on the ground. Could easily have been part of the wildlife overwhelming the balcony.

Jango's Bump - Jango Fett bumped his head while entering the Slave I. You could even here the CLANG!

1138 - In the sand where Padmé rolled down after falling off the Republic gunship. IT'S THERE.

Darth Vader's Shadow - On Tatooine when we see Anakin's shadow against the homstead. It's there...Oh yea...!!!

"Sly Moore...." - Yes, Zam DOES say Sly Moore when she's dying!!!

Royal Guards - In Palpatines office. If you look at closely, when Mace gives his speech on the Jedi being keepers of the peace. Look behind him, you will see Royal Guards.

I got these from Spark of the Force!'s message board.

And they carried them to the flatlands
But they died along the way
And they built up with their bare hands
What we still can't do today.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO till the day I die.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 02:14 AM   #94
Eruviel Greenleaf

Yeah, I remember the Imperial Guards

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 08-06-2002, 01:24 AM   #95
Llark silverwolf
Banned

was this whole post abut yoda kickin booty in episode 2 with all the spins lol so cool.
Llark silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 04:55 PM   #96
Galendhol Asada
Hobbit

Location: Either in Northern Mirkwood, Rivendell, Lothlorien, or in Battle somewhere else and maybe even a an Entmoot party
I had to have laughed for days on end but YODA IS THE MAN!!!!!!!! It's hilarious watching a little green dude running around with a saber that's 10 times bigger thn his own body. But YODA ROCKS. He definatly kicked some Sith @$$ in ep. 2
Old 12-23-2002, 05:25 AM   #97
TheWhiteTiger
Sapling

The seconed film

I think this is better than the first one
Did you see the part when the lady fell over and the man said are you all right and she said yes a got right up now how dumb is that