Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-23-2002, 11:49 AM   #1
Faramir Took
Hobbit

Strider Hey fangirls...........LOTR is not just Orlando Bloom

I by no means, mean to offend any of the female fanbase, but it seems to me the only reason most women enjoy these films is because of legolas (orland bloom). Women never seem to talk about anything other than orlando, and they seem to be oblivious to the rest of the film, and characters!!!!!!!!

C'mon, LOTR, is much more than just one elf!!!!!
Old 12-23-2002, 12:05 PM   #2
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Ok!! Thats offending!!

Ok I really, no LOVE like Orlando Bloom but ILOVE LOTR ABOUT 1000 TIMES MORE THAN HIM!!!!!

And I do talk about about Orlando non-stop for 1/4 of the day but the rest I never shut up abou LotR and Tolkien!!!

And I agree LOTR Is much more than just one elf!!
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 12:15 PM   #3
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

Gandalf

As I posted in the fangirl thread, I do not think lotr is just about orlando bloom/legolas. He is too 'goody two shoes' of me. The elves all have fair skin and silky blonde hair. Give me a break! I prefer Aragorn. He is in charge of their quest and he does not always make the right desicion. He is a mortal man. And he is WAY TOO GOOD FOR ARWEN! I love his raggedy rustic look!

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 12:25 PM   #4
Faramir Took
Hobbit

Strider fangirls....

Don't get me wrong.......I love Orlando Bloom as Legolas. I think he is perfect for the part. I actually posted this thread because I was tired of hearing about him from my wife................and then everytime I read something posted from a woman, it is about Orlando/Legolas 90% of the time.

happy holidays
Old 12-23-2002, 12:58 PM   #5
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Don't make assumptions, FT, it doesn't look good.

I'll admit, Orlando Bloom is quite attractive (as well as many other of the leads), but to most 'fangirls' who have a brain we are quite aware of the depth of Tolkien. Don't base your opinion of all female fans on your wife and a couple of boy-crazy young teenagers. (I'm an 'old' teenager...)
Old 12-23-2002, 12:59 PM   #6
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Most of the Men of the Lord of the Rings movies are awesome. Good actors and overall pretty good looking in their own ways, but the quest in itself and the battle scenes are for me what makes it a great movie. There is nothing like seeing and hearing those bowstrings sing and those arrows flying.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 02:07 PM   #7
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Agree to SGH's view of the battle scenes, and Men in the movies, and I do find Legolas particularly beautiful.
But I love the books much more than the movies, and in the books, Legolas was not at all outstanding. Read my posts here and I don't think you will find much babble about Legolas.
Old 12-23-2002, 05:13 PM   #8
Merlin
Hobbit

Gandalf

Sorry Legolas fans everywhere, but I really do not like him at all. Wait I got something better, he isdispleasing to look upon. My friend ,Anonymous Idiot thinks he is so hot! Why does everyone thinkhe is so cute? He's really (at least Idon't think so) not. What has our world come to? Ian McEllan is wonderful for Gandalf! I am a girl.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 02:59 PM   #9
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

I love LOTR!!!!!! And Orlando!!
It wasn't our falt that they just used the hottest actor in the world to play the role of Legolas!!

I too talk about them non - stop!! They r both great!!!!!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 03:04 PM   #10
eowyngirl14

Gandalf

Just becasue some of the people posting on this site are young teenagers, doesn't mean that we are all obsessed with Legolas/Orlando. I love Aragorn/Viggo! He is my favorite male charecter in the book and the movie, too! I appreciate all that he does for the Fellowship, and if it weren't for him Middle Earth would probobly be under Souron's rule right now! Legolas on the other hand, did not play such a major role in the books/movie! You can't hate the guy for being good looking!

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-24-2002, 06:22 PM   #11
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

People are always saying this to me "If it wasn't for Orlando you wouldn't be into LOTR" which is totally untrue!!
Like eowyngirl14 said a lot of teenagers do like Orlando! I'm 15 and really like Orlando! It doesn't mean i don't like LOTR!!! Coz I do!! I love it!

My little sis loves Viggo as Aragorn too!

Last edited by Varda Oiolosseo : 12-24-2002 at 06:23 PM.
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 06:30 PM   #12
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
Sam Gamgee

Okies ppl chill for a sec. I am almost 15 (in Feb!!!) and really just dont like Legolas that much. (Yes I am a girl) I agree, he is a pretty boy, but I read the books before the movie came out. And actually I was clueless for a long time as to WHO Orlando Bloom was in the movie. He doesnt make a good blonde.

I like Elijiah Wood (somebody please tell me that was the right way to spell that!) Frodo is an awesome character (even tho PJ has diminished him a bit, ok a lot!) and he perfectly suits him.
Old 12-24-2002, 06:35 PM   #13
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

I am a female fan as well, almost age 17, and I love LotR for many many reasons, none of which include Orlando Bloom. He's great as Legolas, but that's not why I watch the films. Thankyou to whoever started this thread, I agree with you whole heartedly...although I must disagree with you when you said that almost all girls who are fans are in love with Bloom -- I know plenty who are not.

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 08:56 PM   #14
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Ok...So maybe the lead actors are pretty cute...That's not why I watch the movie. I like the story, and I love the books, and I just love all those cool battle scenes

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 08:57 PM   #15
IluvSmeagol13
Hobbit

yea-tru..
doesn't any1 think faramir is hot?
IluvSmeagol13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 10:10 PM   #16
eowyngirl14

Gandalf

I think that all of the charecters are very very very very good looking! But as many have said before me, that is not why I love Lotr! I too read the books before I saw the movies. I fell in love with them because they are totally briliant! Yes, I must admit that my heart does a flipflop whenever I see Viggo/Araogrn smile, that is not why I am into Lotr!! Is that not so hard to except!? Why can't you people except the fact that not all teens, (I am 14) like Lotr for the hot guys!?!?!? I also think that is nothing wrong with flaunting the fact that we do love the actors, or chaecters that we do on Fangirl threads! If it makes us feel better to speak/type our love and devotion for certain actors/charecters than I think we should be able to without a bunch of people calling us mindless teenagers for doing it!

Thankyou... done venting now...*runs away*

()Yes I do think that Boromir/Sean Bean is very very cute!

- Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-25-2002, 12:44 AM   #17
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
My goodness, people! Poor Faramir was simply trying to make a statement regarding that fact that there are far too many girls who like LoTR simply because of Orli or Lij or Viggo. I do not deny that these men are attractive (as long as Viggo has a beard... without he's yeeeecccccchhhhh). However, I base my love of LoTR of the complexity of the storyline and the beautiful pictorization as well as vernacular used in the books. I base my attraction to Orlando Bloom on his good looks and his quirky personality. The fact that these two things are connected has no effect on my liking either one of them. Were Orlando Bloom not casted in LoTR, I would not stop liking either. As a small confession, however, I do think I wore out my friend on Thursday at the movies when, every time Orli popped onto the screen, I whispered, "That's my man." Of course, she knew I liked him before I saw LoTR, and she knew I liked LoTR before I ever saw him. SO it was a funny little inside joke between the two of us, which kept us both in stitches through the entire 2 hours and 59 minutes of TTT. So be easy on FT.

BTW, wanna hear something that totally and horribly sucks?? I was supposed to be an extra in a Tobey Maguire movie last week, but I had finals so I couldn't go. My friend went, and told me that they ended up standing right behind Tobey all day. Bummer!

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."

Last edited by Nariel : 12-25-2002 at 01:00 AM.
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 09:15 AM   #18
Millane
The Dude

ohhhh come on this is such a joke sure there are people who think "ohhh hes a bit of allright" let them have there giggles does it really worry you (ohhh except that one is your wife i guess )

Quote:
And he is WAY TOO GOOD FOR ARWEN!
well he can shift her this way if he isnt happy hahaha i think that the only thing that keeps me from talking about Arwen all day is that violence in the movie has overshadowed her hehehehe... hey and anyway my thinking arwen is hot is justified it says so in the books but i cant recall anywere talking about legolas' attractiveness so explain yourself
Old 12-25-2002, 01:25 PM   #19
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
Gollum

Nobody said they think Gollum is hott *drools* ok I'm just kidding lol

I *love* the story, and the movie, and the good looking actors is just a plus.

I think the guy who plays Eomer is also pretty good looking He's got the Johnny Depp face *yum*!
Old 12-25-2002, 01:32 PM   #20
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

I never talk about Olando or whoever it is I ONLY talk about and fanticise about Elijah Jordan Wood and Sean Asten and Merry and Pippin.BUT THE STORY IS THE ONLY REASON I WATC THE MOVIE. I have seen the fellowship of the ring 10.75 times. beat that somebody. I haven't seen the 2 towers yet though.
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote