Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-12-2003, 10:54 PM   #281
Pimpernel
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
If I remember correctly, Tolkien said in the Letters that if Smeagol hadn't such a mean thieving sort before he found the Ring, it wouldn't have affected him nearly so much.
yah, i thinkies i read that too, but all hobbits have (or had at one point) some good stuff in em. like smeagol vs gollum even tho gollum won. and lobelia sackville -baggins wasnt the nicest hobbit in the shire, but she had good in her too! what woulda happened to her if she got the precious?
just kidding, I only wish I was Eru...power is good..except I would get corrupted so know...and why am I writing all of this randomness that's popping into my head that you don't give a rat's tail about.....??
Pimpernel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 11:04 PM   #282
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Pimpernel
yah, i thinkies i read that too, but all hobbits have (or had at one point) some good stuff in em. like smeagol vs gollum even tho gollum won. and lobelia sackville -baggins wasnt the nicest hobbit in the shire, but she had good in her too! what woulda happened to her if she got the precious?
Smeagol was always a bad pill to swallow: "GOLLUM" Hehe! The thing was with the Ring is that it influenced the bearer and I would say that if a character was already evil, or not good, the Ring made it moreso. Depending on the person's strength of will for good or bad is how the Ring effected them. I also wonder how much innocense played a part. That is when I think of Sam. Although he only bore the Ring for a short time, he was effected very little.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 11:11 PM   #283
Pimpernel
Enting

even so sister golden hair, i still pity smeagol, esp. since he died in the end...he wasnt that horrible and having been proved wrong (not that its a rare occurence, my friends prove me wrong all the time ), i still like smeagol! so kazoo poo on those who try to sway me!!!
haha!!! i love that ! kazoo poo!
sorra if i offended anyone by sendin them kazoo poo...
just kidding, I only wish I was Eru...power is good..except I would get corrupted so know...and why am I writing all of this randomness that's popping into my head that you don't give a rat's tail about.....??
Pimpernel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 11:17 PM   #284
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Well, hear we must always remember the words of Gandalf to Frodo. Smeagol was a sad creature, and Frodo said "Pity that Bilbo did not stab the vile creature when he had the chance" Ganalf said: "Pity it was that stayed Bilbo's hand."

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 11:22 PM   #285
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Yes indeed, Gollum is a pitiable creature. I always wonder at people who talk about his inner turmoil as being funny...

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 10:21 PM   #286
Gamigar
Elven Warrior

Gandalf

I find myself torn between Hobbits, Elves, and the Valar
Gamigar is offline   Reply With Quote