Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 08:33 PM   #21
Comic Book Guy 2001

Re: obsession

You don't let your daughter marry a man until he is king of two realms.

Old 07-17-2001, 08:42 PM   #22
Elenna

Re: obsession

You might be obsessed with LotR if your custom made attire is yellow pants with a blue feather in your cap.

Elenna

Old 07-18-2001, 06:47 PM   #23
Prince Faramir

YOU

come on entmoot everyday to post and read!!!!!!

Old 07-18-2001, 06:58 PM   #24
Elenna

Re: YOU

Thats the saddest one!

When your daily ambition is to go to Tolkien web sites and post and read everyday.

You called it Prince Faramir! You take the Lembas on this one.

Elenna ~ Lady of the stars

Old 07-21-2001, 11:15 PM   #25
dunedain lady

Obsesssed if....

You have a recipe for Lembas

Old 07-22-2001, 05:09 PM   #26
Elenna

Re: Obsesssed if....

Hey, I know a guy (vaguely) whose grandmother has a recipie for Lembas!

Elenna ~ Lady of the Stars

Old 07-24-2001, 06:43 AM   #27
Manwe Sulimo

Re: Obsesssed if....

:lol: Get it off her, I's gots to have it!

Your life evolves around a book that is so worn on all the pages that you can barely read what's on them, but that's no problem, as you know all of it by heart...

You wake up in the morning, wondering where you are, where your Ring are, and if Sam is all right...

When sick, you travel to the capital and demands that the king shall heal you, since the hands of the king is the hands of a healer(Okay, this one doesn't work for all you americans, but I live in Norway, and we have a king here...)

You set up guard on any local volcano, just in case some hobbit tries to sneak up and throw a magic ring in it...

Whenever you see a spider, you scream in joy, squashes it, and says "I may not be able to kill you, Shelob, but I killed another of your offspring!!!!!"

Old 07-30-2001, 05:49 PM   #28
Prince Faramir

thanks elena

me think lembas would taste similar to 'chorley cakes' a northern delicacy [sp?] well full of fat, similar to shortbread..... yummy yummy anyone ever tried it? i suppose u'd have to live in GREAT Britain...

Old 07-30-2001, 05:55 PM   #29
Elenna

Re: thanks elenna

YW and I always imagined that Lembas tatsed kinda like quaker rice cakes. They even come in all sorts of flavors, some even tatse good!

Manwe, thats too funny~ I'm still laughing.

I am guilty of giving my books to a friend and calling her periodically (ya know every few hours) to make sure they are ok. I also await anxiously for their return so I can read them again. Someone else posted that one already..

Old 07-31-2001, 06:01 AM   #30
anduin

Oh, I don't know....the fact that I've come here everyday for the last two years is somewhat an indication. Ummm wait, wait a minute....that just means I'm obsessed with the internet or maybe Entmoot. Uh, nevermind.

Old 07-31-2001, 04:23 PM   #31
IronParrot

Obsessed with LOTR? Well, there were those guys in Kazakhstan... I wish I could have joined them.

I think I read it on a T-shirt once, but...

You know you're obsessed with LOTR when you refuse to eat melons, because mellon means friend, and you don't eat your friends.

Old 08-01-2001, 11:11 PM   #32
webwizard333

You're making posts on a board about the obsession of Lord of the Rings when you're obsessed with it. :lb

Old 08-02-2001, 12:54 PM   #33
Manwe Sulimo

Well... good one, really...

You run into hiding whenever a flock of birds are flying your way, since they are the spies of the enemy.

You have secretly found out who in LoTR all of your friends are, even those who aren't fans.

The girl/man of your dreams is a character from the LoTR.

Whenever you go to a seafood-restaurant, you order "delicioussssssss fisssssssshessssssss", which you eat with your bare hands and teeth, after first scolding the waiter for burning the deliciousssssss fisssssshesssss.

You are wondering how you are to celebrate Durins Day this year.

You follow the Hobbiton calendar.

You celebrate the Gondorian new year instead of the normal.

On your birthdays you hold a big party, inviting all your friends and relatives, give them presents, and hold a speech saying that you don't know half of them as well as they deserves, before putting on your wedding-ring and walking off, thinking noone saw you.

When out walking in the forest you keep your eyes up for elves, and you keep thinking you heard someone singing some silly song about the rivers and some girl, and sometimes think you can glimpse a man in a yellow hat running around.

You avoid all willow trees, out of fear that they will open up and swallow you.

Each night you sit down by your bed and ask Manwe, Lord of the Breath of Arda, to send his eagles to watch over you, Ulmo, Lord of the Waters, to keep evil away from your fresh water supplies, and Varda Elbereth, maker off all the stars, to let the stars shine on your paths.

You change between saying "Elen' sÃ*la lúmenn' omentielvo" and "Namárie, tenn' enomentielvo, mellon!" to your friends when parting.

Old 08-02-2001, 12:56 PM   #34
Manwe Sulimo

Thought of one more...

You sit at work and think up 12 new ways to tell that you are obsessed with the LoTR...

I'm very guilty of that last one... :/

Old 08-02-2001, 01:01 PM   #35
Elenna

Definetly obsessed !

Old 08-02-2001, 10:04 PM   #36
Shanamir Duntak

You were paid to think about that?

Old 08-02-2001, 10:20 PM   #37
webwizard333

I think he meant when he was supposed to be working on something.

Old 08-02-2001, 10:22 PM   #38
Shanamir Duntak

And by doing this instead, he actually got paid to think about this... and that's what I meant.

Old 08-02-2001, 11:20 PM   #39
Theodred21

I just read this thread, IRonParrot talked about a shirt that he had, notice my sig. is practically just like it!
Only I read about someone who brought a poster to a baseball game who had that on his poster, I didn't know that they made shirts with those words on them! :lol:

Old 08-03-2001, 06:12 AM   #40
Manwe Sulimo

Yeah, in a way I was payed to think about that... I wouldn't be if they knew about it, though... :/
I am really payed to do something else, yeah...

Closed Thread