Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-11-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

The High-Cost of Low-Cost Radio Stations

For a long time I have wanted to be able to create an internet radio station where I could choose what music I wanted to be played, and be able to speak into it. After countless google searches, my toil yielded nothing. But, on a search for something totally different (Phil Harris and Alice Faye Show radio dramas promoted by that soap company...Lucks or something), I ran accross something interesting. I found a place where I could create a radio station--with the music I chose, voiceovers, everything. But there was a catch: for the packet I wanted, there was an obstacle. A $16 per month obstacle. There is no way I could afford 15 dollars a month, and I doubt there ever will be (my favorite cost being free and my favorite amount of money being more ). But, I sill plan to do something with the idea, because I want that radio station. Does anyone know of a place other than Live365 where I could get a radio stations where I could choose individual songs? The recordings are a secondary priority.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:06 PM   #2
Lotesse
of the House of FĂ«anor

No, but 16 bucks a month is SO friggin' CHEAP, trolls' bane!! If you truly, badly wanted this, I know for a fact (especially with that fine mind of yours) that you could find a way to afford it! I mean, all told, that is a very low cost 4 your own radio program, man. VERY low. You'll think of something, I'm sure.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 10:39 PM   #3
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

I have time, if I get it that is. I have enough money to run it for four to five months. It will be tight, considering that I'll end up finding some book I just have to have.

I should probably sign up for the free trial soon, maybe next weekend.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:45 AM   #4
Snowdog
DĂșnedain Ranger of the North

The trouble with Internet RAdio is royalties. ASCAP & BMI want to collect them for their artists (they used to break fingers of jukebox owners who didn't pay back in the 40's). Therefore Live365 has to charge you for you to be able to play (stream) what you want over the internet.