Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-08-2002, 06:28 PM   #1
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

Toronto

anyone ever been there?
im being taken there the 25 thru the 27 as a very very very belated birthday present.
i plan on going to china town and the eaton centre, and prolly the tower too, anyone else have any interseting things they know about in toronto? any good dining?
im just looking for stories of fun short trips too, even if their not about toronto... have fun
Old 07-08-2002, 06:34 PM   #2
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

I have driven through with my family (I think we went in to some tower by a baseball field?...). I'm pretty sure that we are going to Toronto on our Choir trip next spring too.
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 07:45 PM   #3
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

I love The big T.O. I live in Buffalo, and hit T.O. quite often.

Have dinner in the CN tower at dusk so you can see the change of the city from day to night.

The OZZ fest was there last year about this time.

Canada's wonder land is cool.

If you are staying for a few days take about a 2 hour(?) drive to african lion safari. Niagars falls is close my and the jet boat ride is cool. you take a helocpoter ride above the falls too.

also are you of legal age? and/or are you stuck with the folks?

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 07:50 PM   #4
Elvet
Elven Warrior

I live about 2 hours north of Toronto, so we go there quite frequently. Depending on your interests I recommend :
- the CN tower
- the Metro Toronto Zoo
- the Science Center
- Wonderland - it's just north of Toronto. It's a theme park with rides and a great water park.
- The worlds greatest freshwater beaches are just about an hours drive north of Toronto. Look for Wasaga Beach on Georgian Bay.

Unfortunately Toronto is in the midst of a city worker strike so there has been no garbage pick up for about a week. Hopefully it will resolve prior to your trip.
Old 07-10-2002, 06:28 PM   #5
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

yah when are u going?? it smells nasty right now!!! and some stuff is closed cuz of the strike, if u can go down to Queen st.
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 07:48 PM   #6
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

The chinese district has some great restaurants. North of the Convention Center/CNN tower there are some good Italian restaurants. It's a nice city.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 01:53 PM   #7
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Toronto is SO COOL! I was there for a church service project last year. We mostly spent time in the suburbs of the city, but one day, all of us went around to different ethnic regions to get food for a picnic. My group went for dessert in the Greek section. (YUMS!) Really, I didn't go to any more touristy places, but that city rubbed off very well on me. Driving through downtown, someone was taking a picture of a building. This guy in a business suit in front of it stuck out his tongue and made a crazy face. We saw him about a block down again and waved. He waved back. Very friendly attitude in a very friendly city. HAVE FUN!
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 09:07 PM   #8
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

thanks guys!
For some parts of the two night trip im stuck with mommy dearest, and im not of legal age, but that's never stopped me before... heh..heh...