Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2003, 09:41 AM   #1
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

Learning from Peter Jackson

The kind, old wizard, Black Breathalizer, sits on a rock with all the little mooters gathered around him eagerly awaiting the pearls of wisdom he is about to bestow upon them:

"I have no problem with differing opinions from my own. But one of the things I've noticed here in the Moot is that some of you people want to cling your own personal views of LOTR by wrapping yourselves in a "Only MY view is true to Tolkien" blanket. Rather than open your minds to differing perspectives and viewpoints, you rigidly hold on to your personalized LOTR-view by staunchly refusing to believe there could possibly be another valid way to look at the story other than your own."

"It's kind of sad really. You see life, my young Mooters, is about realizing the world is full of different perspectives. The realization that none of us hold exclusive rights to The Truth is the first step towards growing up and becoming mature adults. So what you have to decide is what to do with the opportunity that has been given to you by Peter Jackson. Jackson was meant to make the Lord of the Rings films and YOU were meant to learn something from them...and that is an encouraging thought."

Last edited by Black Breathalizer : 10-25-2003 at 09:44 AM.
Black Breathalizer is offline   Reply With Quote