Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2003, 11:04 AM   #1
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

Peter Jackson is God

I have now seen TTT seven times (and counting) and with each viewing I find myself more and more in awe of the work of Peter Jackson and his incredible crew. They have taken a great story and transformed it into a set of film classics for the ages.

While everyone is entitled to their opinions, the criticisms that I've read here of the movies are without merit. The only real problem is time--it's a three hour movie that still feels rushed, particularly at the conclusion. But this will no doubt be addressed when another 50 minutes is added to the Extended DVD.

I can understand how Tolkien Purists might be taken aback by some of the changes in the movie. They caught me by surprise too. But the bottom line is: THEY WORK. Watching the movie again, you can't help but appreciate the fact that they were brilliantly conceived and really enhance the overall emotional themes of Tolkien's work. And THAT is what is really important in any movie adaption of a beloved book.

Bravo to Peter Jackson. Thanks to PJ, Frodo and Company will be alive and well for countless generations of video-viewers to come.