Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-11-2006, 09:17 PM   #61
mighty_half-elf
Elven Warrior

So, your jealousy towards the Evenstar remains. No matter, it is very good to see you again. Your radiant beauty brings light to these dark times.

OOC: I'm not fluent in Elvish, therefore, I will not speak in it

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring.
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

The Riddle of Strider
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
mighty_half-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:38 PM   #62
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Miriel clenched her fists but kept a determined smile on her face. It was an old argument of theirs. And it had eventually driven her away. Miriel had loved Aragorn before he had heir to the throne of Gondor. She'd loved him as a child, loved him as a young man.

Arwen had only loved him when she had seen the great king he would one day become.

"My Lord," she murmured, "what are we to do now?"
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.
Lady Willow Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:29 PM   #63
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Acalewia sat in the House of Healing, her arm being tended by Ioreth. Her tunic was being mended by another woman. Acalewia wore her mithril coat. Ioreth was chatting away, but Acalewia wasn't listening.
This war will bring loss her old friend had said. Though who shall suffer most is yet to be seen. She was pondering this. When they had been younger, Miril had saved her life through such words. Words that she had been able to interpt. What could she mean by this?

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:53 PM   #64
mighty_half-elf
Elven Warrior

"Miriel, as you are an adept archer, I am going to ask you to gather around you a group of archers and watch over our northern borders. I will pray for your safety."

The Riddle of Strider
Old 02-14-2006, 12:55 AM   #65
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Miriel nodded to him. "It will be a pleasure." She lifted her arms and seemingly vanished, the only evidence of her presence was the wind which whipped through the hall.

Acalewia heard a voice by her ear, light and pleasing. "Don't worry, my friend. I see clear paths and a joyous future for you. Aa' menealle nauva calen ar' malta."

And then, she was gone. Miriel did not know whether or not she was to ever enter Gondor again. At least there were skilled archers ready and willing to defend the northern flank. With any luck at all, she would survive this war.

*May your ways be green and golden
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Old 02-16-2006, 02:31 PM   #66
Acalewia

Acalewia smiled. She knew Miriel was gone now, her farewell still echoing in her ears.
"Until we meet again," she whisptered under her breath. She pulled on her tunic and returned to Elessar.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 02-16-2006, 08:37 PM   #67
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

ooc: may i join, the blue wizards have returned to the western regions of middle earth, and i am they!
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:51 AM   #68
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

OOC: Of course you can join in! Merry meet, far traveler.

Old 02-17-2006, 08:48 AM   #69
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

suddenly, and without warning or sound, two old bearded men, dressed in sea-blue rode up on silver horses...
Old 02-17-2006, 01:16 PM   #70
mighty_half-elf
Elven Warrior

A horn sounded, and a messenger ran into the throne room. "My lord Elessar," he said, "two strange looking travelers have ridden into the city." "What is their purpose?" asked Elessar. "I do not know," replied the messenger, "shall I allow them to hold an audience with you?" "Yes, bring them here, question them, we will." said Elessar.

The Riddle of Strider
Old 02-17-2006, 03:02 PM   #71
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

the two bearded men walked into the King's council chambers, drawing their hoods down, to reveal piercing blue eyes and long grey beards
"My lord Elessar,"
said the first
"My name is Allatar, and this is my friend Pallando, I believe you knew our kinsmen Olorin, Aiwendil and Curumo? We have returned out of the far East, where we assisted the other Istari in the War of the Ring, by turning many of the Easterlings against the dominion of Sauron. We have come now to offer our assistance in this hour of need!"
Old 02-17-2006, 07:04 PM   #72
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Miriel crouched down behind the tall grasses. The rest of her archers followed suit and she listened intently.

And then they were attacked.

Orcs and men, vicious warriors, cut down the others almost before they had time to stand up. Miriel killed three. She had almost driven her sword through one of the men when a sword sliced through her stomach.

She gasped out, letting her weapon fall. Pain, burning, death...

Miriel slowly sank to the ground and vanished into the wind. "Estel," the air seemed to whisper all throughout Middle Earth. "Amin nauva auta yeste'. Melamin, amin hiraetha."

They heard her voice in the White City and all knew. Miriel was gone.

*I will go first. My love, I'm sorry.

Old 02-17-2006, 07:13 PM   #73
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Finrod Elanessë halted his horse and listened to the dying whispers of his beloved. "No," he murmured, heart breaking. "She cannot be dead." He spurred the horse on and galloped the rest of the way to Minas Tirith.

He felt Miriel's death in his heart. And he had to accept it. But that did not mean he would not give the King as much trouble as he could while still fulfilling his promise to Miriel. He had to help King Elessar in this war.

With any luck, the blind man would be struck down for his stupidity.

Old 02-17-2006, 08:51 PM   #74
mighty_half-elf
Elven Warrior

Before Elessar could open his mouth to answer the wizards, another messenger rushed into the Great Hall, ran up to him, and began to whisper in his ear. He announced with a solemn tone that the Northern borders had been breached. He then began to weep and announced that Miriel and her archers had been slaughtered...

The Riddle of Strider
Old 02-17-2006, 09:23 PM   #75
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Finrod rested in the window looking into the King's throne room. His Royal Highness seemed to have received the news of Miriel's death. Finrod closed his eyes and gave himself time to absorb the hurt.

He'd loved Miriel for centuries. Never once had she looked at him with anything but friendship. She'd loved Aragorn and he didn't have the good sense to love her in return. Finrod admitted that the idea of her being with him burned but not as much as the idea of Miriel's pain did.

Now, he had to help the man she so passionately loved. Maybe he'd find out why she had cared about the mortal.

Old 02-19-2006, 09:57 PM   #76
Acalewia

Acalewia's knees gave way when she recieved the news upon returning to the throne room. The two immortals had been closer than sisters. She remembered the last words Miriel had whispered to her. She closed her eyes and reached out to her gift and saw what no one else would see.
I have lost too much! Arda has lost too much! Acalewia rose.
"In the past, you have asked my advice. I give you advice now weither you wish it or not. Do not let Miriel's death be in vain!"

Old 02-20-2006, 08:02 PM   #77
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Finrod smiled and swung down into the great hall. "Acalewia, I don't believe I could have said it better myself." The two immortals embraced, her tears seeping into his shirt. "It's been many a year since last we met. You've only gotten more beautiful."

Old 02-20-2006, 08:33 PM   #78
Acalewia

"Hannon le, Finrod." She dropped her arms and turned back to the King.
"We must double the watch. The scouts should be experts in steath, to see without being seen. Abur wishes to bring us war, it is war we shall give him." Acalewia turned to the two Istari. "Drake's son and the wizards should meet and discuss ways to use their magic against this new Enemy. I wait for your command"

Old 02-20-2006, 08:49 PM   #79
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

The Blue wizards bowed their heads slightly in acknowledgement
"We will of course do all we can, we can not let a new terror rise! Although, we are forbidden to use might against might, but certain powers are of course acceptable in the eyes of the Lords of the West, and He who sits on Taniquetil in especial" said Pallando
Old 02-20-2006, 09:03 PM   #80
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Finrod turned a bit to face the King, and Acalewia knew he was all set to give Elessar as much trouble as possible.

He was an odd creature. His clothes were always multi-colored, ranging from bright red to dark blue. Finrod's hair was sandy red, his eyes sea green and he was about 6 feet tall.

Though he looked like a joker, his skill with knives was unmatched. It was told that he once defeated three armed men with nothing but his two long knives. Acalewia was aware of the fact that Finrod could either be a great ally or a deadly foe.

She hoped his hate for Aragorn would not be detremental to their cause.