Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-12-2005, 10:15 AM   #1
mighty_half-elf
Elven Warrior

Strider The Battle for Middle Earth...(revisited)

Many years have passed since the War of the Ring. Aragorn is now in his 75th year of rule over Gondor. Eomer is also in his 75th year as King of the Mark. Merry is the Master of Buckland, he is now nearing the age of 96, Pippin is also getting older, he has become the head of the Took house. And Samwise Gamgee has now moved into Bag End with his darling wife Rose Cotton, and their many children. Gimli and Legolas built a ship not long after the war and set sail across the Great Water, never to be seen again. Faramir and Eowyn married, and became Lord and Lady of Ithillien. However, as all seems peaceful, a foul, nameless evil stirs in the South. In the ancient land of Harad, a fallen man has risen up and taken on a new form and name (I'll let someone else come up with a creative name). He has become a great shadow that now troubles the heart of Middle Earth. At this time, he is drawing up an army of trolls, giants, orcs, other corrupted men, and many other foul beasts. Gondorian rangers from Ithillien have watched this birth of evil and as our story begins, a man is riding North to Minas Tirith bearing this ill news. What happens next? You decide...
mighty_half-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 04:52 PM   #2
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

"Open the Gates!"

The man asked to see Elessar. The request was granted.

"My King, I bring tidings of evil. In the land of Harad, an evil has risin. A man who has taken the name of Morgai is gathering an army of evil beasts, creatures, and men. He means to renew war against Middle-Earth. Lord Framir suggests you hold a council to discuss this new Enemy"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:45 PM   #3
mighty_half-elf
Elven Warrior

Strider

I'll be Elessar..."Very well, send out riders to every corner of the free world. Alert Rohan and the Dwarf kingdoms. Ride to the North and alert the Dunedain tribes."

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring.
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

The Riddle of Strider
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Old 08-15-2005, 05:26 PM   #4
Acalewia

"It shall be done, my king. Riders shall be sent this very hour"

A few days later, Eomer King arrives along with some of his council. A day after that the King Under the Mountain. And lastly the Northern Dunedain arrive. Among them a woman with elf-blood, the last of her people.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 08-15-2005, 06:13 PM   #5
mighty_half-elf
Elven Warrior

Strider

"Greetings to all of you," begins Elessar, "as you now know, a great evil has risen and now threatens the very existence of this Middle Earth," he continues,"it is now our duty to rise up against the enemy in order to maintain our peace." "Will the Free Peoples stand to defend this land?"

The Riddle of Strider
Old 08-15-2005, 07:00 PM   #6
Acalewia

"I shall stand with you, Elessar!" all eyes go to a woman who stood as she spoke. "Death will take me before I let the Enemy destroy this peace or Middle-Earth" she said defiently.

Old 08-15-2005, 10:16 PM   #7
mighty_half-elf
Elven Warrior

Strider

"Ahh...Acalweia, I see you made it to the meeting," says Elessar,"I'm honored that you would join our cause so bravely." Very well, it is decided, we shall draw up an army and prepare for a war. Eomer, you and your people should take up camp at the Hornburg. My men will hold Osgilliath and the River. The rangers in Ithillien will of course keep watch over the South. The rest of you are with me, Acalweia, you shall be by my side, as we are both of the Dunedain. The Dwarves will hold the mountains, and what Elves are left shall hold our Western borders. We will fortify every Free Land. Let them come...we will stand."

The Riddle of Strider
Old 08-16-2005, 03:38 PM   #8
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Rising in the east, from the bowels of Deep Harad, many flee the force growing. He has called into the west and heard the cries of imprisoned forces.

"Globolog pushbûb!" he calls into the night. "Snaga-urukbag! Prepare my brothers! I am come to free you and loose you on the earth! I shall block the sun so you may see and destroy your enemies. Prepare, for freedom is comming!"

And from deep under the earth, a chant rose up. The dwarves could faintly hear it. All they could make out was the name "Abdurb Burzronk".

The few dwarves left knew of the elves meeting, and immediatly sent a dispatch with this information.

OOC: Abdurb Burzronk means Ruler from the Dark Pit. He called to the trolls and orcs who wallow in filth beneath the earth, hidden from all intelegent life. He will free the demons of the earth and let them destroy all that is good.
klatukatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:55 PM   #9
mighty_half-elf
Elven Warrior

Strider

As the sky over Middle Earth grows darker, the Gondorian soldiers that were camped at the garrison of Osgilliath were constantly in fear of the shadow that grew just south of them. Meanwhile, in the land of Rohan, all of the towns and villages had emptied into the great stone fortress of Helm's Deep.

The Riddle of Strider
Old 08-18-2005, 01:13 PM   #10
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

OOC: Oh shiet, dwarves are already at the meeting. This works better.

As the last remnants of an age before men stood side by side discussing how best to hold their borders a delegation of dwarves hurried up on borrowed steeds, suggesting that speed outweighed comfort. They spoke quietly to the King under the Mountain who returned with disturbing news.
“My people have been returning to the earth of late, for this is no longer the age of dwarves, but some have come back from the depths and there have been rumors of power growing beneath our very own stones. Now we have a name for who calls these evils up. We hear he is called Abdurb Burzronk, a name that means Ruler from the Dark Pit. He called to the trolls and orcs who wallow in filth beneath the earth, hidden from all intelligent life. He will free the demons of the earth and let them destroy all that is good.”
“And how is it that your people are so familiar with the Black Tongue?” an elf demanded. “Shall your people follow the trolls up from the earth to torment us?”
“Enough,” commanded Elessar. “You have brought us valuable information. We know the shadow comes from Harad, we know our enemy’s name, we know his purpose, and know we know how he means to accomplish his destruction. This shall be the last battle of the free people, for I know how the earth and the sea call to our brothers from another age. I thank you for fighting again with men.”
klatukatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 01:15 PM   #11
Acalewia

"Elves and Men were allies long ago. They shall be allies again, My King. We should prepare then. What of Gondor's old, women, and children. They should be evaucated, Elessar?"

Old 08-27-2005, 04:01 PM   #12
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

A wanderer comes (can I join too?)

Far to the North, patrolling the dark vastness of Mirkwood, was Curubethion the wanderer. He stopped as he heard something walking through. Unsheathing his dagger, he hurled it at the huge mass ahead. Shrieking, something crashed from the trees. It shuddered, and then lay still. Curubethion nudged the giant tree spider. It was dead.
Haven't seen one of those in years, he thought.
He hiked towards the Elven King's halls. Something was happening, and he had to find out what it was.
He had already been away from there for half a year, so he did not know of the dark threat which was arising.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:39 PM   #13
Acalewia

Thranduil welcomed Curubethion to his halls, but he could tell the elf-king was a bit destressed.
"Come, my friend. I must speak with you. It is urgent." Curubethion followed Thranduil to his records chamber. "Ill news has reached our ears from the south. Evil has risen in Harad. He calls himself Abdurb Burzronk, and he plans to send an onslaught of orcs, trolls, and other fell beasts to destroy Middle-Earth. Elessar has bidden the Rohimmim to camp at the Hornburg, the Dwarves will hold the mountians, the men of Gondor and the Dunedain ofthe north will hold Osgilliath, the Dunedain of the south will watch over the south, and the Elves will hold the Western border of Gondor and Arnor. Join where ever you wish, Wanderer. I must prepare my people for the last onset of war" He left Curubethion to digest the news.

Old 08-30-2005, 02:48 PM   #14
Drake
Elven Warrior

Strider

"My lord I've come to help you in your time of great need. Though I am olny one man I can bring down the mightiest foes." said Drake.

Last edited by Drake : 08-30-2005 at 03:10 PM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 06:09 PM   #15
mighty_half-elf
Elven Warrior

Strider

"Your assistance would be greatly appreciated Drake. I shall station you with the men along the outside walls."

The Riddle of Strider
Old 08-30-2005, 07:13 PM   #16
Drake
Elven Warrior

Strider

"Very well I shall need my staff, daggers, and crossbow. Oh,I almost forgot, I'm to young to forget this. Iwill need 18 lovely ladies to entertain me before battle like old times, and I'll still out match you in our battle field compitions. I'll kill twice as many foes as you would!" "Oh, by the way did you read my strategy."

Last edited by Drake : 08-31-2005 at 01:29 PM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:45 PM   #17
Curubethion

Curubethion rode on the elves' swiftest steed; he was going to Osgiliath, to defend against the impending onslaught.
"I hope Drake isn't there," he grumbled. "I could kill three times as many orcs as that goblin-brained bragger."
The Wanderer rode past the confines of Mirkwood, watching the ever growing storm.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 09-01-2005, 07:01 PM   #18
mighty_half-elf
Elven Warrior

Strider

"Times have changed Drake," said Elessar, "war is a serious thing. If you will not take it seriously, then I will not allow you to assist my men, I will station you with the Dwarves."

The Riddle of Strider
Old 09-02-2005, 08:59 PM   #19
Curubethion

Theoden

As Curubethion rode past a rocky outcrop, a score of ugly goblins popped out! Flipping off of his horse, the Wanderer sliced through three of them, and impaled a fourth (ooc: ) .
Shouting, "Tharanduil!!!" he drew a long dagger, a diruc, and engaged the creatures with two blades! As one cut his shoulder, he tossed back two more, and continued to fight! Was there any help for him?

Last edited by Curubethion : 09-02-2005 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:03 PM   #20
Drake
Elven Warrior

"Albus you are the only man I trust I will not leave my post." "As for my request about women forget it. All I request are skilled archers. You must also send word to my city in Umbar to send help."