Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #21
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I think I would be interested, if there's room. I haven't really written in so long, and I'd like to get back to it. I'm not sure how much free time I'm going to have, but actually after October I should have more free time than I've had in ages... because of the way my classes are set up.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:04 PM   #22
Nautipus
Kraken King

Okay, T-bone, I'm here. I will be RPGing from my mobile phone, so I blame any grammatical errors on it.

I guess I'll take a loom at the beginning of this thread so I can get an idea of just what we're doin here, and where I could fit in.

It's nice to be back, by the way, even if it's just for a while.

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Nautipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #23
Nautipus
Kraken King

Looked at the beginning of this thread and I like what it looks like. I too, would like to make a darker, grittier character than what I'm normally disposed to. I also like the ??? class of beings.
Either way, I will wait until I talk to you before I do anything.

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Nautipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:42 PM   #24
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

I am thinking that soon I'll start the discussion for the crossing game (for the introducing of characters and discussion of plot, etc.), but I have a question first for either of the moderators and one for anyone in general.

1st question: I want to make a unique discussion thread for each game, but don't desire to clutter up the RPG Forum. Is there any way to do this, or is it something not to be concerned over in the first place?

2nd question: How on earth does one put diacriticals (those two dots above the vowels) and accent marks on vowels in the reply box?

Last edited by Tuinor : 08-23-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Tuinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:00 AM   #25
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuinor View Post
1st question: I want to make a unique discussion thread for each game, but don't desire to clutter up the RPG Forum. Is there any way to do this, or is it something not to be concerned over in the first place?
Oh, this won't be much of a problem. Most games already have a discussion thread each and it generally makes for easier play, it is common and accepted practise. So you do not have to worry about cluttering in that respect.

Quote:
2nd question: How on earth does one put diacriticals (those two dots above the vowels) and accent marks on vowels in the reply box?
That depends on your keyboard. Since my language uses the double dots and accents, I have them easily accessible on my keyboard. But I don't think you will have an identical keyboard. You could look into ALT-codes, but I think those depend on your keyboard as well.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:22 PM   #26
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I found an inelegant but effective way - I put those characters in my sig, and then before I post, I drag over them and do a copy, and paste them into the edit window, and use them for the first occurrence of the name. I then type the other occurrences without them, but at the end of the post, I replace all the incorrect ones with the correct one at the beginning.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:57 PM   #27
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an View Post
I found an inelegant but effective way - I put those characters in my sig, and then before I post, I drag over them and do a copy, and paste them into the edit window, and use them for the first occurrence of the name. I then type the other occurrences without them, but at the end of the post, I replace all the incorrect ones with the correct one at the beginning.
Quite cunning of you! You know, I'd seen your sig several times around the moot before, and never once did it dawn on me its function... it's actually pretty brilliant!
Tuinor is offline   Reply With Quote