Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Literature
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-20-2003, 12:51 AM   #1
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay

This book by Michael Chabon, which won him a Pulitzer two or three years ago, is highly, highly recommended for all of you. To put it simply, I finished it today, and I think it might be my new favourite contemporary novel.

It's a period piece that starts in the '30s about a Jewish refugee from Prague who flees to America and along with his cousin, gets caught up in the rise of the superhero comic book industry. If you have any interest in comics, this is a must-read in the purest sense - i.e. you must read this. Actually, I don't have a great deal of interest in comic books, and I still loved it, so it's a must-read for the rest of you too.

Yes, I really did like it that much.

Now, has anyone else here read it?
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote