Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Hobbit (book)
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2003, 06:49 PM   #21
Findegil
Elven Warrior

Posted by Artanis:
Quote:
Findegil, what is included in MM's core canon?
The last editions of every Book of JRR Tolkien about Middle-Earth published during JRR Tolkiens livetime.
I will not relock the edition numbers but basicly that means:
The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, The Adventures of Tom Bombadil and The Road Goes ever On

Posted by Maedhros:
Quote:
Findegil, I think you made a very good point in your description of the various dragons/monsters in the Mechanical Monsters in the Barrows. Could you be so kind as to post the various types of monsters in this thread for clarity.
Since our discussion in Downs had gone beyond my original post, I can't simply copy it to this board. I will see if I can rework it, too make it understandable with out the discussion preciding it in the Downs and taking up the recend developments in the further discussion.

Posted by Wayfarer:
Quote:
I can't imagine any Orcs being willing to steal a pair of swords the mere sight of which, three ages later, sends them into a panic.
Did they panic, when Orcrist was shown to the great Orc? I don't think so. Thes did pnaic when Glamding and later Orcrist was used against them.
And for what propose had the Orcs in The Hobbit brought the sword into the cave if not for use or hord as a booty?

Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote