Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-02-2001, 05:48 PM   #21
Lief Erikson

Re: Fangorn Discussion

Slythre and Ogravigan are two new characters I've introduced. They're spies for Unvar.

Slythre is slim, long black hair, the usual deal. She's as quiet as a hobbit, not at all detectable. She wears an elven cloak to help her blend in to her surroundings. One of the kind that the Lord of the Rings hobbits get in Loth Lorien.

Ogravigan is quiet, but that's not his strongest area. His eagle sharp vision allows him to track from a massive distance, making him virtually impossible to detect. They might feel like someone's watching them, but wouldn't think to look a half mile away to find their pursuer.
Old 01-02-2001, 08:59 PM   #22
Morkhon

I am going to visit a friend on the 4-15th. I may not be able to post while I'm there. If I haven't posted by the 7th assume I can't and someone can take my character, or he can just wander back north. If I do post by then though it means I can get online enough to keep up with the story.

P.S. Was Unvar talking about Findaluin, or Faradin watching the conversation. He should not have been able to detect Faradin because of his skills as a Ranger.
Old 01-03-2001, 01:27 AM   #23
Lief Erikson

Don't worry, it was Findaluin who he noticed. As a matter of a fact, if you look back to the meeting, you'll probably see exactly where it was that he was noticed as well. It doesn't tell who it was at the time though.
Old 01-03-2001, 05:51 AM   #24
Mathron

OK, here is some more about my character!
His chosen name is Malagar, although he adds other surnames and such as whim takes him.

He is a Maia, one of those whom, way back when during the creation, came down into the world, but on neither side, not serving the Valor or siding with Melkor. Instead, Mal was a power of the shadows, and as the various races came into the world, he aided those who went into the shadows - both those who used shadows to thieve and still, and those who used them to escape from injustice and harm. He is very amoral - he relies more on his own impulses in events, then choosing to side with the forces of Good or Evil, prefering to remain nuetral, or to work with both.

He, unlike some of the other Maia in Middle Earth, did not make any one place his residence, but wandered from one location to another. Eventually, as the clash between the greater forces in Middle Earth grew, he left and wandered for a while among many of the various islands and lesser known lands, only revisiting the main contininents every so often.

As time passed, his power began to diminish, and for similar reasons to Sauron later crafting the One Ring, Mal imbued much of his power into several items, to focus and store his strength. However, he and some other Maia entered into conflict, and during this battle, though he emerged victorious, he lost much of his items with his stored power, and found himself stranded on a large island far off the coast of Middle Earth. Many years he spent there, and only recently has began to build his power up, and regain access to the mainland, and he has spent recent time trying to get a feel for the current situations, and to learn where his items might be.

Despite being a Maia, he is bereft of much of his power, and while he has ages of experience to draw upon, he is rash at times, and prone to impulsiveness. As well, much of his remaining power deals only with shadows and is more glitter than substance. He also does not use his more apparent abilities, for fear of attracting greater forces, and is better at avoiding confrontations then going head to head. He is wiry, and acrobatic, and prefers misdirection and speed to any other attacks.

Of course, all any of you know, is that he is a mysterious figure who appears and vanishes. ~grin~
I do realize that he appears quite a bit powerful, but trust me, I will conserve from doing excessive feats, and he is in quite a weakened state. More importantly, he is ignorant of much currently in Middle Earth, which is a grave weakness right now.
-Mathron
Old 01-03-2001, 06:19 PM   #25
Lief Erikson

Thanks for giving his background. Sounds pretty cool. And its has given me an idea . . .
Old 01-08-2001, 08:42 PM   #26
Morkhon

Just posting to let everyone know that I will be here to post for my character. BTW I still haven't figured out the time period, would someone mind posting an approximate year?
Old 01-08-2001, 08:58 PM   #27
Lief Erikson

This is taking place just as Saruman is turning bad. Very little of what happens in the Lord of the Rings has happened yet.
Old 01-09-2001, 06:10 PM   #28
Xivigg

so roughly after TA 1000 and before TA 3000
Old 01-11-2001, 04:20 AM   #29
Morkhon

Thx.
Old 01-11-2001, 08:50 PM   #30
Xivigg

ok i've found the following info in one of my roleplaying book

2759 Saruman is given Ortanc key

Ortanc is the tower while Isengard is all the complex

so we must be playint between 2759 ans 3021
Old 01-12-2001, 09:02 PM   #31
Elbreth of Carhouth

Sounds good! I'm impressed with how well this is all working out, how everyone is adding what knowledge they have. I've played in RPGs where I've had to lead absolutly everything...

Just watch how intricate to make the plot, it can get really confusing if you don't.
Old 01-13-2001, 04:50 AM   #32
Xivigg

I haven't done anything yet

i,m still waiting for people to find me
most likely Dalia and his friend but who know

i'Ll be talking with ent for a long time unless someone get me out of here
but i,m not begging for it if it occure that's good if not it's ok too

i,ll find a way
Old 01-13-2001, 05:44 AM   #33
Mathron

I think it is going very well so far!
And Xivigg, feel free to pop in on others - since you have that attunement for the beings of power sortof thing going, you could show up to find the wounded Mal, or simply wander in on the campsight the others are at.
-Mathron
Old 01-14-2001, 01:57 AM   #34
Xivigg

I can't realy do that cause for now my char is talking with Ent and we all know that talking with ents can take time

so unless something realy disturbing happen she will stay with the ents for some time
Old 01-14-2001, 01:59 AM   #35
Morkhon

Yes everythign is going fairly well, but I have one question. When is the real villian that we have to face and kill going to be revealed?
Old 01-14-2001, 06:11 AM   #36
Lief Erikson

I think that there are too many possibilities at this time to pinpoint exactly when they'll get revealed. And I'm not sure which one you mean, mine or Mathron's.

Oh, one more thing. Please post in the forest soon, Unvar still needs Faradin to respond and tell him what exactly he wants to know.
Old 01-17-2001, 06:16 AM   #37
Morkhon

Thx for giving me the opening to get the others to go to the fortress. I was going to create one for us to go to them, but your's works better.
Old 01-18-2001, 10:18 PM   #38
Elbreth of Carhouth

Have we decided what the big issue is that we are fighting, and who the instigator is?
Old 01-18-2001, 11:29 PM   #39
Elysha

Edit: Lief Erikson, this mistake makes us even! I'll be careful to log out if you will. I've been following the RPG, and it's great!

Lief Erikson said, "I think the main instigator is my balrog, but certainly not the only one. We also have Mathron's black attacker and a band of ent-defying orcs."
Old 01-18-2001, 11:33 PM   #40
Lief Erikson

Sorry, the above post is actually mine, its just that my sister forgot to log out, so I accidentally posted as her.