Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-06-2006, 07:59 AM   #1
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Lost Elves

I only have Lost Tales I with me - and I'm only half way through it - and not the Silmarillion; and this question came to my mind.

What happened to those Elves who got scattered or lost on the march to Valinor? Or those who stayed at a land they grew fond of? Walked out of history, remained somewhere in the East, unknown?

So, mooters with more knowledge or more books than me - is there some account on these Elves' fate?
Old 03-06-2006, 11:09 AM   #2
Lefty Scaevola
AngAdan

There were very large population of Dark Elves (both thoses of the Eldar that ceased the great hourney, and of the Avari who never began it) in ME. Many of the the former enter in the books one way or another, and some of the latter. Nadorian Elves (Teleri that wuite the journey) make up the bulk of the population of Lothllorin and Mirkwood, and show up as the Laequenid in SIL. Much of the population of 'Wild Elves' suffer and diminishes outside of Eriador under the domination of Morgoth and then Sauron, and much inside Eriador is killed during the War of Elves and Sauron.
"Mighty are the Ainur, and mightiest among them is Melkor, but that he may know, and all the Ainur, that I am Iluvatar, those things that ye have sung, I will show them forth, ... And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me,"
Lefty Scaevola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:51 AM   #3
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Hmm, yes, now I remember the Nandor... They were those living in Ossiriand, am I right?
Old 03-06-2006, 01:34 PM   #4
Lefty Scaevola
AngAdan

The Laequendi were a part of the Nador, who later after staying near Greenwood and the Anduin for a while enter Ossirland and lived there.
"Mighty are the Ainur, and mightiest among them is Melkor, but that he may know, and all the Ainur, that I am Iluvatar, those things that ye have sung, I will show them forth, ... And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me,"
Lefty Scaevola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:22 PM   #5
Sam
Elven Warrior

Lefty, you are one knoledgeable man