Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Hobbit Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-04-2003, 10:33 AM   #21
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

LOL sound like fun........ i'm in the middle of writing a scrip for 'Lady of the Rings'....... my version of LOTR's- the mistakes you never saw....... it's hillarious, and we're filming it after doing our GCSE's.... i've changed the names of course.... don't wanna get done for copywrite
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 10:39 AM   #22
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Cool!! Post some of the script on entmoot or something!
I wrote a take-off on FotR, and my friends and I would film it but we just don't have enough actors or anything. And theres the Balrog. We toyed with the idea of a flaming garbage bag but no one would want to be in it when we set it on fire...I wouldn't mind, but I wanted to play Gandalf so....yeah.

..........And we're busy with some other movies we're going to film first, so it looks like its not going to get off the ground. Lots of luck with yours!!!!!

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens

Last edited by Dreran the Green : 05-04-2003 at 10:40 AM.
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 10:42 AM   #23
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

some of the funny bits is in the actions. One of my best friends is playing two characters: Grandalf the Gay (which he is soooo suited too) and Elronald. so he's going to dash back and forth on screen and have a conversation with himself for the council scene.... while trying to change his costume.... all on screne...... it's going to be sooooo funny!!!!!!!
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 05-04-2003, 10:45 AM   #24
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Awesome!! That's going to be so funny when its done!

When I get into highschool next year I'll get to make a talkshow for my TV production class. I'm going to do one about LotR, I'm hoping to dress up one of my friends with a beard and pass her off as Gandalf

.......She doesn't really look like Gandalf but I think she's hyper enough to do a really good job of it

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens

Last edited by Dreran the Green : 05-04-2003 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:47 AM   #25
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

tehehehehe....... i go up into 6th form next year so i only have four subjects.... WOHOOOO....

i'm playing Legless....... which again is going to be funny cos i'll be filming it... plus i'm female.... plus i have brown hair..... tehehehehe
Old 05-04-2003, 10:54 AM   #26
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Only 4 subjects?!! Lucky!!! I have a bunch of subjects that I don't even want, I'm just taking them next year so I can have a bunch of free time as a sophomore. Spanish and Western Civ. Blech. Whose idea was it that you have to take a foreign language???

Oh well. You are going to have such a great time filming your movie. I love acting and directing and scriptwriting and all of that stuff. I'm going to try and be a director later in life.
What are you going to do for your balrog, anyway? Or did you just write that out of the script or what? In my script Gandalf defeats the Balrog, but then he falls while trying to strangle Jack Nicholson. Don't ask

Old 05-04-2003, 11:01 AM   #27
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

LOL, four subjects is ALOT. at the moment i'm studying for my GCSE's which are exams over her in england. next year i have four, three for a-levels and one as level.... very important and VERY hard work!!!!!!!!! i've chosen mostly essay ones as well.... stupid me!!!!!! english lit and english lang and classical civialisations.... and then a fun but still hard one... epa... or expressive arts ie. acting and such....

for my balrog.... oh balrok... um i dunno.... i might do him with computer graphics.... or i might just film my cat sleeping in her basket... NO fire involved.... it'll be funny grandalf fighting against an enlarged sleeping cat
Old 05-04-2003, 11:06 AM   #28
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Yes! That would be hilarious!! Oh bugger, I have to get off the moot now My family is going to a cool flea market where you can buy all the swords from LotR. Too bad they don't sell Narya too, It'd probably be a lot cheaper than the one I'm saving up for. Oh well, bye everybody!

Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM   #29
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

LOL, i'm saving up for my own sword........ i already have one but it's rubbish....... i'm gonna get one custom made and everything

cu my evil little minnion....... feel free to PM or e-mail
Old 07-21-2003, 08:13 PM   #30
anarion
Enting

Location: Born in Lousiville, KY. Living in Laguna, Philippines
I was recently duped into believing that a bogus trailer was the trailer for the hobbit movie, so I though it was already made and just being kept a secret until after trk release.
But since it is not already made, and in the Dialogues included in the fellowship boxed set, pj stated that the sets were all torn down.
I would think if he had planned to do a hobbit movie he would have already made it, or would have atleast left the hobbiton set intact.
I think our best hope now is for someone like the sci-fi channel to buy the rights, and to make a mini series out of it, anyway I hope so that is.
Anarion
anarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 06:59 PM   #31
Pip
Elven Warrior

This is something that I found in "Life Story Movie Magazine" that you guys might be interested in. I don't know if it's an indication of anything but Peter Jackson said in it, "Part of me would love to have somebody elses make The Hobbit, so I could watch it as an audience member. On the other hand it would feel odd. Nobody has asked me to do it but if they did, I would give it serious consideration."
America, what will we miss while we are sleeping/Will Jesus come again and leave us slumbering where we lay/America, will we go down in history/As the nation with no room for it's King/Will we be sleeping?

Last edited by Pip : 07-23-2003 at 07:02 PM.
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 10:54 PM   #32
Lollypopgurl
Elven Warrior

Set aside the fear of complete un-Tolkienization of the Hobbit, I would like to see it as a movie.
Old 11-21-2003, 04:37 PM   #33
barrelrider110
Peer of the realm of Sanguine

Hello all,
First post in a looooooooooong time.

Anyway, I was reading an insert in the entertainment section of my local gazette and they did a brief review of RoTK. The reviewer was enthusiastic, obviously a fan, and he/she ends with this nugget:

PJ has agreed to do the Hobbit, "prequel to the Lord of the Rings Trilogy."

Fear Complacency!
Old 11-30-2003, 09:29 PM   #34
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
i cant imagine where they would get that many people they need to be dwarves. john rhys davies said it was horrible with all that make up
There have to be millions of people who would love be associated somehow to one of the biggest movies of all time. I would be a dwarf!
thranduil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 11:43 AM   #35
Naugrim
Hobbit

Ian McKellen should indeed play Gandalf in a Hobbit movie, but I think Ian Holm would be too old to play Bilbo. They had to use tape to smoothen out his wrinkles in the FotR prologue. Hugo Weaving can still play Elrond, of course, and perhaps a we could have cameo by Orlando Bloom as Legolas in Thranduil's court and at the Battle of the Five Armies.
Naugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 12:11 PM   #36
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
Quote:
Ian McKellen should indeed play Gandalf in a Hobbit movie, but I think Ian Holm would be too old to play Bilbo. They had to use tape to smoothen out his wrinkles in the FotR prologue. Hugo Weaving can still play Elrond, of course, and perhaps a we could have cameo by Orlando Bloom as Legolas in Thranduil's court and at the Battle of the Five Armies.
that is what i think too .
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 11:35 AM   #37
Melko Belcha
Elven Warrior

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._director_dc_4

Quote:
While many of the lead "Rings" characters do not appear in "The Hobbit" story, the wizard Gandalf, played by Ian McKellen, and Gollum, the cave dweller corrupted by the powerful ring, do and should make a comeback. Arwen, the elf princess played by Liv Tyler , could also feature again, Jackson said.
Arwen, the elf princess played by Liv Tyler , could also feature again, Jackson said. That is why PJ should not be allowed to do the Hobbit.
Crist by Cynewulf (lines 104-5)
Melko Belcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 02:16 PM   #38
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

wow....... i ain't been on here for AGES!!!! nice to know my thread is still going.....

the news goin' round is that PJ is wanting to do it after he does 'king kong' - maybe after 2006-ish.

i forgot wot else i was goin' to say.....
Old 01-26-2004, 05:13 PM   #39
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

the hobbit sounds great... but another king kong... nooo!!
Old 01-27-2004, 02:44 PM   #40
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

tehehe.... i've just had a image of king kong and the hobbit mixed into one movie!!!!!!!

now thats scary!!!!