Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-27-2003, 07:44 AM   #1
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

The ROTK Trailer is here!

OMIGOD! LOTR-Geek Nirvana has hit!!! What an incredible two minutes of film!!!

Can a trailer be nominated for an academy award!?!?!?!

After seeing what Peter Jackson did with the first two films, I had every expectation that ROTK was going to be amazing. But after seeing this trailer, it's clear that PJ has exceeded even my high expectations for this film.

Two things: I was thrilled to see a couple shots of Dernhelm in the trailer. Also, Aragorn's speech to the troops was incredibly moving.

This truly is going to be The Best Film I will ever see in my lifetime.
Black Breathalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 08:15 AM   #2
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

I think that you forgot to put where is it?
Old 09-27-2003, 08:22 AM   #3
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

It's been released in the cinemas. yesterday there was a free view of TTT at the cinema here, and they also showed the trailer.
Old 09-27-2003, 08:30 AM   #4
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

In the US, the trailer is featured before the film, Secondhand Lions. Also, TORN is featuring a poorly lighted version from Asia (because it was taped off of TV) on its site if you want to see it now.

The trailer is so damn good, even the TORN version gets your heart pumping.
Black Breathalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 10:17 AM   #5
Sween
im quite stupid

Pretty good tralier not as good as the fellowship ones but still quite good as BB said it is poorly lighted so you cann get too much of a clear picture its certinally shaping up nice. Love the shot of Gandalf upon Shadowfax charging the Nazgul thats allmost an image that been plucked from my head somebody better be shouting 'white rider....white rider'

Cannot wait
Old 09-27-2003, 11:49 AM   #6
kiwi52291
Hobbit

Re: The ROTK Trailer is here!

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Breathalizer
[i]Also, Aragorn's speech to the troops was incredibly moving.
What did he say?
kiwi52291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 11:57 AM   #7
Warrior
Hobbit

it really is amazing, even with its bad quality...i really cant wait for monday when the official site releases the top quality version that we all know and love (and have been waiting all year to get our hands on).
Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 12:35 PM   #8
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Warrior
it really is amazing, even with its bad quality...i really cant wait for monday when the official site releases the top quality version that we all know and love (and have been waiting all year to get our hands on).
yes and its also been made by Theoden
Old 09-27-2003, 01:05 PM   #9
Agalayth
Elven Warrior

Which movies has it been a preview for besides Secondhand Lions? I don't really want to see a movie just for a preview of ROTK, but I will if there aren't any better choices than Secondhand Lions.
Old 09-27-2003, 01:52 PM   #10
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Agalayth
Which movies has it been a preview for besides Secondhand Lions? I don't really want to see a movie just for a preview of ROTK, but I will if there aren't any better choices than Secondhand Lions.
Im sure this is just an american thing but here in england i think they just put traliers on pretty much on any film they want. I would Imgin here it will go before all the films that are on
Old 09-27-2003, 02:56 PM   #11
Balrog_of_Morgoth
Elven Warrior

Wow, you guys are killing me! I have a policy with these films that I don't watch the trailers before hand. I don't even watch the ones that are included on the DVD. I like to be totally surprised. I was able to hold out with the TTT, but I don't know if I can this time.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:03 PM   #12
kennebecc
Hobbit

Screen Caps

Both TORN and Herr der Ringe have the full version trailer for download. It's poor quality and dark, but . . . cool too.

For those of you who can't download it, there are screen caps here:

ROTK Trailer (Taiwan version)
kennebecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 12:49 PM   #13
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

yes! must go see secondhand lions. cant wait for Rotk! only... 2 1/2 or so months left!!! ooh... must reserve tickets.....
Old 09-28-2003, 05:04 PM   #14
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

This trailer is truly awesome! I cried when I saw it (I'm going to be bawling at the actual movie!), it gave me shivers, it's just sooo good! Aaaaaaahhhhhhh! Hooee!

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 02:40 AM   #15
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I've downloaded a small version of the trailer. I'm still buzzing with excitement after seeing that. I'm just... overwhelmed right now. Now if only they could post the full-screen... then I'll go into a lot more detail about what I noticed...

Wow.

"We cannot achieve victory through strength of arms." YES. YES! Gandalf's speech in V.9 ("The Last Debate") is, to me, one of the critical passages of dialogue in the book (kind of like how the "Samwise the Brave" bit at the end of TTT nearly brings me to tears every time). I was cheering in front of my computer when I heard that.

Look how red Sauron's eye is in that one flash-cut.

Eomer weeping by a dying or dead Theoden...

Dernhelm's identity is pretty obvious by the voice, but we'll see how that is handled... There's a GREAT shot of Eowyn pulling off her helmet at that critical moment in the Pelennor Fields - it went by so fast I didn't even catch it the first time...

Galadriel reaching out to Frodo - where is that? It looks like Lothlorien... how does this fit in?

Aragorn meets up with Elrond again - does Elrond go to him to deliver the reforged sword, or what happens?

SHELOB!!! (Actually looks a little small but I was watching a small trailer... in fact, I think that's just her head)

As for the LAST SHOT in that trailer. I think that's self-explanatory. The big moment.

Oh, and they back up the trailer with the NEW Howard Shore score! It's a fully fleshed-out rendition of the Gondor theme that we heard once or twice on a trumpet in The Fellowship of the Ring.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 06:18 AM   #16
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot
Galadriel reaching out to Frodo - where is that? It looks like Lothlorien... how does this fit in?
[/i].
Thats acctually in the book its a very short sentance in the two towers when frodo first touches the Phail. I think they probably have put that in there to remind people what the phail is and for the non exdended addition people a bit more detail.
Old 09-29-2003, 01:02 PM   #17
Goatee
Hobbit

Here is a pretty good version.

http://img-nex.theonering.net/movies...x280_fixed.mov
Old 09-29-2003, 03:46 PM   #18
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Fixed English ROTK Trailer!!!

Here is the best version hosted by a real site dedicated to ROTK

Enjoy!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/returnoftheking/
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 03:51 PM   #19
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Well, of course it is, it's hosted by apple.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 03:54 PM   #20
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

I literally got chills watching this trailer. You can just tell that this movie is going to be good, and the best of the three. This will define the fact that this will be an epic adventure. I think this one will not only be the best movie of the three as ROTK is the best book as well, in my opinion, but I also think PJ will finally receive praise from many of those who disliked what he did in the first two.

We finally saw a quick glimpse at shelob too!!
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote