Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-25-2002, 11:44 PM   #41
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally posted by Lief Erikson
Well, I'm afraid that even though I'm an American, I can't give you a general perspective. I'm homeschooled, so I don't know what is taught in the public school.

I found this interesting LE! I homeschooled my daughter for one year, Boy, I was shocked! All the homeschool mothers in the home school support group were what I would call "hard core" Christians. They had their own Bible based textbooks, (There is a lot of money being made in the Bible based text book industry! Go to one of those home school fairs, what a big business! ) They were not teaching their children lots of the important science that "regular" students learn, because it didn't support the creation theory. I was shocked that they would deny their children such basic knowledge! Just letting them be in the dark! I felt sorry for these kids because they were getting such a one sided view of the world. Needless to say, I was happy to go back to public school, Home schooling was quite a disappointment for me! I think if you are going to homeschool your child, you should try to give them a well rounded education, so they will be able to function in a world that is made up of many types of people. It's a free country though! It will be interesting to see what all comes of this "segregating" education.