Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-13-1999, 03:40 AM   #1
bmilder

Orcs: An RPG of sorts

Well, the name game is kind of deteriorating so I figured I'd start something else. This is more like fan fiction than an RPG, but I'm calling it that like the old ones I used to participate on Prodigy Classic. You have to add onto the story, basically. The premise is this: A team of orcs has been dispatched to waylay a group of elves that have strayed from Lothlorien. You get to roleplay a number of characters of your choosing, whether they're orcs or elves. I don't really know how this will turn out, but it's worth a try . Ugluk instructs his lieutenants. "We'll overtake the Elves here," he says in the gruff Black Speech. "We have more than double their number so there should be no problem." Suddenly an arrow sings through the air. "The Elves have discovered us!" shouted an Orc.
Old 11-13-1999, 07:23 AM   #2
Elrond

Re: Orcs: An RPG of sorts

Ugluk? wasn't he the one who captured merry and pipin? uh... I don't realy know what You have to do...
Old 11-13-1999, 05:58 PM   #3
bmilder

oh never mind...

Maybe anduin will be able to understand this one...
Old 11-14-1999, 12:48 AM   #4
anduin

I understand...

I do understand bmilder, but I think that I am horrible at this sort of thing. Maybe I could hop in later :P I do think it is a good idea though
Old 11-14-1999, 08:08 AM   #5
Elrond

Re: I understand...

Actualy... I think i get it now. I think its the same kind of thing as we did over on some of the other boards... However, Thanks to some of the others who took part they usualy turned into one big argument.
Old 11-15-1999, 08:04 AM   #6
Loopy

Re: I'll get in on this

Snarkle, a small but mean and quick orc, barely had time to raise his rough shield against the arrow before he felt it strike like a lightning bolt against the protecting iron. His eyes flashed madly, and he shouted in the Black Speech curses so foul and ugly I dare not repeat them here. Armed with a long serrated blade (and a bad enough temper to rival a troll) he charged towards the elves.
Old 11-16-1999, 01:08 AM   #7
bmilder

go loopy! :D well i'll continue

"What in the name of Eru is that?" cried Celeb [note: I can't find my Sil, this is the only Elvish sounding word I could remember :P ] "It's just another lousy orc," replied his comrade. The orc made a frenzied lunge at Celeb, and the elf's arm came off in a bloody pile. The elf screamed in pain. Five elves fell before the orc was downed. Celeb, missing his arm but still in command, wandered over to the corpse. Suddenly, the orc sprang up and attacked him!
Old 11-16-1999, 05:34 AM   #8
Loopy

Re: go loopy! :D well i'll continue

The orc snarled and clawed at him. His senses dulled with pain, Celeb swung his sword and managed to take off the orc's leg. The orc screamed and swayed. He swung his blade in a wide arc, severing the elf's other arm, and fell flat on his face. Celeb fell to his knees and picked up a dagger in his teeth, which he stuck in the orc's back. He stood up and drove it in deep with his foot.
Old 11-16-1999, 01:45 PM   #9
anduin

I think I am ready now...

Celeb, finally realizing his distress, fell in a heap, barely alive. Ohtar, seeing him, signaled another Elf to carry him back to Lothlorien, his fate unknown.
Old 11-17-1999, 02:42 AM   #10
Darth Tater

Re: I think I am ready now...

The battle waged on, but the orcs were quickly gaining the upper hand. The Elves were superior fighters, but there were just to few of them.
Old 11-17-1999, 03:55 AM   #11
bmilder

loopy's the best at this so far :)

Ohtar, now in command, orders the Elves to fall back. "We must get to the eaves of Lorien Wood, and we can better launch attacks there. We'll employ guerilla tactics against the orcs"
Old 11-17-1999, 01:06 PM   #12
anduin

oh yeah? :P

The quick retreating Elves head into the wood leaving the orcs in a state of confussion. They take to the trees to plan their attack. Ohtar, sends Finglas, a quick and cunning Elf, to lead the orcs to the deep, hidden camp of the Elves. Meanwhile, Ohtar and the others are preparing for the arrival of the orcs.
Old 11-20-1999, 07:16 PM   #13
Darth Tater

Re: oh yeah? :P

Suddenly the elves found themselves surrounded by ugly, monstrous orcs. But wait, they weren't quite surrounded. There were no orcs on the side of the wood, for they feared it.
Old 11-20-1999, 10:22 PM   #14
bmilder

a biiig ugly orc named Tater :D

booooooooom A giant explosion rocked them all. The orcs fell to the ground, lifeless. "What was that?" exlaimed Ohtar. A magician clothed in blue stepped into the glade. "I am Alatar the Blue Wizard," he said. The Elves blinked. "I am not well versed in Istari lore, but I had thought that you were lost..." Alatar shook his head. "No, although the White Council is dissolved I still roam Arda. It seems you've run into some difficulty." "Yes, you could say that... A large party of orcs was headed our way, so we ambushed them, only to be forced into retreating." The blue-clad man snapped his fingers, and suddenly they were all deep in the forest. "That move should confuse them enough for now. Anyway, now that I have done a favor for you, I require your help." Suddenly, a battle axe, hurled from somewhere nearby, hurtled towards Alatar. The magician blinked his eye, and the axe encountered an invisible forcefield around him and dropped to the ground, useless. Twenty trolls now surrounded them. Ohtar looked worried, but Alatar shot him a reassuring glance. "Child's play," he said, grinning maniacally and readying his staff.
Old 11-21-1999, 01:15 AM   #15
Elanor

Re: a biiig ugly orc named Tater :D

Tater, actually a big ugly troll, and in command of this group, stared at the wizard. "Oh, my," he mumbled stupidly, "I thought you were a piece of mutton. How did we get here? I thought that rainbow wizard was going to send us to the boiling cavern for a nice warm bath." (incidentally, it was night; otherwise bmilder would be very stupid to put in active trolls) "Instead we're in this forest that feels like it has something to do with elves, and that makes me feel creepy." He sat on the ground, and the other trolls did, too. They asked each other bewilderedly what was going on, and then Tater began to cry. "I want to go home to my volcanic cave in the Misty Mountains," he wailed. "It's so much warmer there!"
Old 11-21-1999, 04:50 AM   #16
Loopy

Re: hmmmmm

Tater plucked a big leaf from a tree and blew his nose into it. Loudly. A gooey gray glob flew out and landed on Finglas' foot. "Yaarrrgh!" he said. "Troll boogers!" (hee hee. I had to throw in a Harry Potter reference) Ohtar was confused. This may have been because he was tired from fighting. Or it could be that the reek of the trolls set his wits reeling. Whatever the reason, he scratched his head and frowned. "Alatar, I don't understand. How is it that trolls come to these woods? And what good are they to us?" The wizard's face bloomed into a clever and perhaps mischievous smile. He explained, "I summoned them here. I have travelled to many places. I have gone far into the East, to places beyond the knowledge of your people. On my journeys I met many strange and wicked creatures. To defend myself, it was necessary that I learn how these creatures think and behave. And once I could understand them completely, it was very easy to figure out how to outsmart them, or make them do my bidding. These trolls will help you"
Old 11-23-1999, 02:25 AM   #17
Elanor

Suddenly, Leridan, a young elf in the group, stepped forward. "Ohtar, I don't believe this Istari wants to help us. He's just trying to get us to do something for him, and he just brought these trolls here to fake us out." The other elves grumbled among themselves, while Alatar scowled at Leridan. Ohtar looked at his friend, and then at the insane wizard. Then he looked at the wizard's staff, and shuddered to think of the power Alatar had, which he might use at a whim. He hesitated, then turned to the blue-clad old man. "Alatar, what do you need us to do?"
Old 11-29-1999, 09:59 PM   #18
Gimli the Dwarf

Suddenly, A large company of Dwarves breaks through the Trees. "There He is!!!!!!" The leader of the group shouted, pointing at Alatar. Alatar points his wand toward the Dwarves, and a bolt of lightning shot from it. But The Dwarven leader streched out his hand, and the Lightning reflected of of a Bright gold and red ring on his finger and blasted a hole into the ground. "The last of the seven!" the Dwarf said, and The elves gasped in shock, for they had thought it had been destroyed. "I was bringing it to you so that it could be destroyed," the dwarf told them, still pointing the ring warningly at Alatar, "but this wizard, wanting it for himself, has tried to pit the elves against the Dwarves, to get both of us out of the way so that in his schemes for power he won't have to destroy us himself!". Ohtar looked at Alatar, who was fuming angrily, and then at the Dwarves. Who would he belive?
Old 12-21-1999, 12:02 AM   #19
Gimli the Dwarf

Come on people, reply!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-1999, 03:05 AM   #20
ArwenUndomiel02

Ohtar shrugged. "Seize them, "he said calmly. The Elves were confused. Who did he mean? Elwen stepped forward. "Ohtar, sir, who do you mean?" Ohtar sighed. "All of them. Take them all to the Lady and Lord of Lorien. They shall decide." A small band of Elves stepped forward and quickly bound the wizard(what's his name?), taking his staff. The Dwarves, recalling the Lady's kindess to Gimli son of Gloin, followed wilingly.