Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2008, 05:08 PM   #11
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnafindë View Post
The only thing that cannot be consistent, is Rameldir's family connection to Gil-galad. That depends on each threadmaster - whether he/she uses one or the other of Gil-galad's lineage versions. I prefer Tolkien's later version, but I don't insist on it if the threadmaster uses the other.
(Which one will you go by here, btw?)
Ahh, the Gil-Galad question rears its interesting head! I have no preference; I give the call to you. Actually, come to think of it, I prefer the later version slightly, so we can go with that.

Speaking of questions like Gil-Galad, I'll be going with Balrogs like in the Fall of Gondolin in BoLT 2 - IOW, fightable. I had an interesting idea about Balrog wounds, and in order for that to work, a Balrog has to be survivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRT, in the Fall of Gondolin
...but the men of Rog ... came at those Balrogs and smote them grevojsly, for all they had whips of flame and claws of steel, and were in stature very great. They battered them into nought, or catching at their whips wielded these against them, that they tore them even as they had aforetime torn the Gnomes; and the number of Balrogs that perished was a marvel and dread to the hosts of Melko, for ere that day never had any of the Balrogs been slain by the hand of Elves or Men.
And really, my characters have been consistent except those two things I noted, which I wasn't sure I wanted to keep and had only used once, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
Haha, maybe. I've only took her as a character in the nazgul game as a favour to Val. I may never have done it anyway if the game hadn't started out as a humourous one but changed to serious after I had introduced my character. And since the way that game went down, I decided she should stay a fan fic character, not a role play character. I wasn't entirely pleased with the way I played her anyway. She'd fit reasonably well because she's from Gondolin, but she doesn't have the required wanderlust. The Sea-Elf side of her was all too pleased to live next to the sea so she'd have no valid reason to go exploring.
That's true ... OK, new character for you! *sends Eärniel to the character store*

Quote:
So I think I'll make a new character for this game, although I may still go for a member of the House of Fountains. I almost never re-use RP characters anyway. So to each their own.
Hear, hear! *raises glass of miruvor*

n.b. - hey, out of curiosity, I right-clicked on "miruvor" and hit "Look up in dictionary" - and it's in the dictionary!!!!! Go Tolkien!!!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 10-17-2008 at 07:46 PM. Reason: fix reference - Fall of G. is in BoLT 2, not 1.
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote