Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #5
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an View Post
Probably Second Age - I was thinking of them visiting Lorien and Greenwood and maybe Rivendell and/or Eregion. I'm rusty on my dates, but I think mid-S.A. might work.
That sounds feasable. Might be interesting to see how the Elven realms were pre-ring era.

Quote:
Non-Elven characters would be workable, although it would take some doing, esp. since there's a lot of travel and Elves are the hardier travellers. But I'm very open to any workable ideas, and can make the elves the type that are interested in other races.
I mostly asked because I know not everyone is interested in playing Elves. Dwarves might be a stretch too far, but Númenoreans, from before the fall for example, could be acceptable companions for Elves.

Quote:
But I haven't seen much interest in this style of RPG so far, so maybe it just isn't a good time now.
You might have scared them off with the long example post. I dare say it's a little more advanced writing than what most of the usual RP crowd here is used to. So it may be advisable to eventually start out (if enough people can be found) with shorter posts and work up from there. But who knows, given some more time, you might get some more interest.