Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-10-2000, 09:50 AM   #1
Loopy

Do nazguls have to go to the bathroom? and other pointless questions

I'm really bored so... this is sort of a game or something I'm making up. I'll ask an incredibly stupid question, and you guys give me equally ridiculous answers. <font color="#ffffff" size="4">The Rules:</font> 1: Answers to stupid questions must be entertaining and unexpected, but must make sense 2: You can only give 1 answer for each question 3: Points will be awarded to whoever posts the best answer. Points don't really do anything at all except give whoever wins them a warm fuzzy feeling Here's an example: Q: Do Nazgul have to go to the bathroom? And if they do, how do they do it? A: Well, they don't. Not in the physical sense, that is. However they still must dispose of waste. They just telepathically dump it into the dead marshes. So, here's the first question: A two-headed orc meets a troll in the Misty Mountains. The left head of the orc tries to make friends with the troll, while the right head tries to pick a fight. What does the troll do? <hr noshade color="#000000" size="2"> this entirely unnecessary post has been brought to you by Loopy, goddess of slackdom, eternal nite owl, and creator of PigLatin <hr noshade color="#000000" size="2">
Old 02-10-2000, 10:22 AM   #2
Fat middle

Re: Do nazguls have to go to the bathroom? and other pointless questions

Easy. The right hand of the troll offers to shake with the orc´s right hand, but the troll´s index finger of its left hand goes straight to the orc´s left head´s right eye.
Old 02-10-2000, 05:45 PM   #3
Hernalt

BOLT I, pg68: "<FONT COLOR=GREEN>Beyond Valinor I have never seen nor heard, save that of a surety there are the dark waters of the Outer Seas, that have no tides, and they are cool and thin, that no boat can sail upon their bosom or fish swim within their depths, save theenchanted fish of Ulmo and his magic car.</FONT>" What car does Ulmo drive?
Old 02-10-2000, 07:31 PM   #4
Spock1

Re: ...

The troll kills the orc. Trolls are not subtle!
Old 02-10-2000, 07:34 PM   #5
Eruve

I doubt Ulmo drives his own car... He probably has a Maia to do it. As for the type, it's an early 60s model, one with high tail fins.
Old 02-10-2000, 10:10 PM   #6
Hernalt

I was thinking it might be the 57 Dodge model (tail fins) that the cartoon bird-character "Shoe" drives.
Old 02-10-2000, 10:12 PM   #7
juntel

Nah! This is Ulmo! He drives the amphibian James Bond car...
Old 02-10-2000, 11:50 PM   #8
Darth Tater

Would Hobbit's be considered drug dealers today, and would Gandalf be considered an arsonist?
Old 02-11-2000, 12:07 AM   #9
Loopy

Re: Would Hobbit's be considered drug dealers today, and would Gandalf be considered an arsonist? <hr noshade color="#000000" size="1"> Gandalf would not be considered arsonist; he would just be an "artist" and dangerous pyrotechnics would be his "art." Furthermore, this would even excuse him dressing in a wizard's hat and robes, and being so moody -- he's not crazy; he's just "eccenteric." It's his artistic temperament. Hobbits as we all know, do not live in the U.S. By now they have all migrated to Amsterdam, where it's perfectly legal to peddle pipe-weed, as they call it. ;p <hr noshade color="#000000" size="1"> this entirely unnecessary post has been brought to you by Loopy, goddess of slackdom, eternal nite owl, and creator of <a href="http://www.piglatin.net"><font size="4">PigLatin</font></a> <hr noshade color="#000000" size="1">
Old 02-11-2000, 02:11 AM   #10
The One Ring

What happens when a dragon sneezes?
Old 02-11-2000, 06:08 AM   #11
Elanor

A hobbit gets his wings.
Old 02-11-2000, 06:13 AM   #12
Elanor

Ok, Tom Bombadil is gathering water-lilies for Goldberry. He gathers 5 red ones, 29 white ones, 74 yellow ones, 24 blue ones, 31 purple ones, and 1 gold one. Meanwhile, Goldberry gathers waterlilies for Tom, and only gets one tangerine one. What happens when they meet in the middle of the Withywindle if Tom swims at 1.5 km/hr, and Goldbery dog-paddles at .09 km/hr?
Old 02-11-2000, 01:41 PM   #13
Hernalt

A Barrow-wight loses his arm. Next: If an Orc was on trial today for criminal charges, could he claim insanity? Could he say 'Morgoth/Sauron made me do it!'
Old 02-11-2000, 01:44 PM   #14
Eruve

Do you think you could get away with a "the devil made me do it" defense? I guess you never know these days...
Old 02-11-2000, 02:32 PM   #15
Hernalt

I feel that people get away with the Devil-made-me-do-it tactic. It's called the insanity plea. [/rant] ;D Which Middle-Earth character was the best dancer?
Old 02-11-2000, 05:16 PM   #16
Eruve

OK, then, to answer your question about the defense (and I agree with your rant, BTW), the answer would be no. Because in Middle-earth they just weren't into all that liberal criminals have more rights than vicims stuff. Who's the best dancer? Too easy, it's Gollum. Who can forget his dancing around with a severed finger shouting "Precious!", followed by tripping into a volcano? No one can top that!
Old 02-12-2000, 02:20 AM   #17
Spock1

gads zooks what a bunch of warg.
Old 02-12-2000, 02:47 AM   #18
Darth Tater

Ok, here's a real thinker for you. If Helm's Deep had been made of the stuff it's made of for the movie, how long would the battle take? Who would win? I wan't 12 point font, doulbe spaced, 3 pages. I wan't it copied and collated. Or you can just post it.
Old 02-13-2000, 12:15 AM   #19
bmilder

uhh... my answers will be pathetic, i know :P

The orcs would win because they're infested with wood-eating termites that destroyed the sets. This occurred in under .1 seconds.
Old 02-14-2000, 05:07 AM   #20
Elanor

O Hilarity!

How much Water Hot does it take to get Wormtongue to feel happy?