Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-12-2016, 10:47 PM   #1001
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Ahoy!

It's been six and a half years since my last post, and I've returned to make some confessions and stuff.

I've been coming back here from time to time to lurk, rarely and randomly, and to click the ad banner a bunch of times in gratitude to Bmilder the builder. I'd check up on you all, like a creep. I'd reminisce about the person I used to be, how I used to think. This forum was the closest thing I ever kept to a journal for many years. I was active from ages 15 to 18, then died, then briefly returned at age 21. I'm 28 now; plenty's changed.

Something I regret: When I was active here, the idea of e-friends seemed preposterous to me. That was my mom's antiquated thinking, I guess. I was, characteristically, very much concerned with what I was "supposed to be doing" all the time. So I thought of Entmoot as a dead-end distraction from the depression and stagnation of my real life, and little more. Dead-end is the keyword; I used to come here with little hope and no expectation of building friendships; I came to hear myself talk, to sharpen my argumentation skills. I restrained myself from much light buddy-buddy stuff because it felt like a guilty pleasure, like Lt Broccoli's holodeck addiction on Star Trek: TNG. Then, over time, when I saw the tight bonds you'd all been forming growing gradually stronger, it dawned on me that I had been missing out, that I had been a snot, a know-it-all youth, dumb. I slinked away in shame.

What brings me back today is a wish to tell you that I still value this place, you all, and the time I spent here, and also to make atonements.

An apology to one member in particular, whose name I don't remember and cannot find, who quit the Moot in a righteous fury after I and several others called homosexuality "wrong" in ye olde original "Gays, lesbians, bisexuals" thread. I thought that that's what I was "supposed to" say. The truth is, I'm gay myself, and I have been all along, though at the time I was a long, long way from admitting it.

Anyway, there's all that. On the positive side, I wanna say "thanks" to Loka Lotesse, Rian, Radagast the Brown, JD, BoP, Tessar, Jonathan, IR, SGH, Earniel, afroelf, the number brothers gimli and gollum, even the eternal jokester Coney, and the rest of you all, for being such good people and good influences on me, whether you knew it or not. Thank you, Ben, for never pulling the plug on this place.

I also wanna say that, to this day, the feud, that lop-sided feud between Rian and Lotesse, cracks me up! I'm sorry, but I just think it's funny that you're my two favorite mooters, and you're from two entirely different planets! I hope Lotesse's alright. I miss her. I've PMed her a couple of times through the years but she ain't come back. Rian, I hope you're holding strong. How is your health and the family these days? Day-to-day? I hope all is happy.

Last edited by Bombadillo : 05-13-2016 at 03:20 AM.
Bombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:15 PM   #1002
Mari
Elf Lady

Hello Bombadillo,

I've seen your name pop up in older threads, but we haven't really "met" here.
You seem to have thought a great deal about your younger you. I hope you've come to like him as well as your current self. I'm glad to get a chance to meet you now. Will you be staying around for a while?

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 03:19 AM   #1003
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Amazing post Bombadillo! Good to see you again
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:29 AM   #1004
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Hello Bombadillo! Been a while and indeed, much has come and gone. Lotesse is doing well; I chat with her on the phone every so often as well as facebook. I'll pass the greetings along.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:24 PM   #1005
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Hello Bombadillo! Good to see you! I definitely value my iFriends and the richness that they've brought into my life!!

Still having health issues - 3 surgeries so far this year for the family, but we're doing well overall. I'm now 2 years NED (no evidence of disease) after some butt-kicking cancer treatments for ovarian cancer. I have a lot of things I'm very grateful for - a great family and some wonderful friends, and Entmoot will always be a wonderful memory for me.

For a long time, I never understood what made Lotesse blow up, but there were sure some fireworks! I finally figured it out, and the sad thing was that it was a total misunderstanding of something that she thought happened but didn't, but she wasn't willing to talk so there was nothing I could do. Sad, because I liked her, but it takes two to talk so I had to give up. We had some lively arguments over other things, too, but I was really sad that I couldn't clear up the one big thing that she felt so betrayed about, because it didn't happen. I'll always remember the wonderful writing that we did in the Wraiths story - there were some really creative ideas there.

Anyway, nice to see you - thanks for coming back and saying hello! <3

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 05-18-2016 at 10:28 PM.
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:45 PM   #1006
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

That WAS an excellent post. Congrats on coming out and all that. Good to see folks still going strong.
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote