Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 06:53 PM   #1
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
How do i change my status?

Okay, I'm a little slow for the moment. New here too the Moot, as I've heard a few affectionately call it. But I've noticed something. On some people, it says elven warrior, etc, and on mine it bears the name "hobbit." Does anyone have the slightest inkling of how I might be able to fix that? As well as the picture below my name? Thanks much.

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Old 09-17-2003, 07:07 PM   #2
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Moddies, could you please move this thread? *poke* I'd love to help, but it's in the wrong place... O.o

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Old 09-17-2003, 07:26 PM   #3
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Well since my dear beloved *cough whatever cough* mods havn't moved this yet I'll go ahead and tell you...To chage your status you have to type more replys (no spamming the mods will crack down on that). As for your picture under your name...ummmm...its called an avatar it has to be a 60by60 pixel(don't know what that is) you could try GM if you want to find one. Hope I helped!
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Old 09-17-2003, 11:44 PM   #4
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Not a 60x60 pixel! That's how many little squares (the pixels) make up the picture.

Anyway, before this thread gets closed.

Don't spam, you'll get 'Smelly Orc' under your name.
And it'll take forever to get to 500, and the highest rank of Elf Lord. Then you get a custom title.
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Old 09-18-2003, 12:41 AM   #5
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

ill explain it better since im kinder to noobs when you get to 50 posts you become an enting then when you get to about 250 or something your an elven warrior once you get to 500 you are an elf lord which means you can have your own custom title, i suggest dwarf lord. so have fun and dont spam ( i reccomend checking f.a.q for more info)
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
Old 09-18-2003, 02:45 AM   #6
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

From the FAQ's :

Quote:
The standard titles have Middle-earth themes and change based on how many posts you have.
Sapling: 0-2 posts
Hobbit: 3-49 posts
Enting: 50-99 posts
Elven Warrior: 100-499 posts
Elf Lord: 500+ posts

The default titles for moderators and administrators are "Huorn" and "Ent," respectively. Staff members and certain users may have their own custom titles. In some situations, the title "Smelly Orc" is given to spammers.

Once you reach "Elven Lord" status at 500 posts, you are entitled to a custom title. Send a private message to an administrator to request a title. Titles must be appropriate for all ages.
Quote:
These small images are called Avatars. They are displayed below your username on all posts that you make. There are two kinds of avatars: those provided by the administrator and those that you upload yourself.

At this time we do not provide a set of avatars to choose from, so you must upload your own.

You may upload an avatar from your computer or another website. To do this, go into your User Control Panel. Under the "Edit Options" tab is a link to Edit Avatars. From here you can put in the location of a small picture, no more than 60 x 60, and upload it to our server. Avatars should be appropriate for all ages.
Moving to appropriate forum and closing.