Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-14-2003, 11:11 AM   #1
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

The Search for Rydell

Amandil was a man of about forty years, although he did not look it, for all his predecessors lived for a long time and their actual ages didn't really reflect upon their outside appearance. Perhaps he had a little elf-blood in him. Whatever the cause, the fact remained the same, and Amandil was no excuse. He only looked about 24. Rugged, Handsome, tall and muscular. In fact almost every woman's 'man of their Dreams' if you will excuse the use of the term.

However, he was single and had no interest in the females of his race, although I cannot say that women weren't interested in him. The reason for this strange bacherlarhood will be explained soon. Although women thought he was handsome, they could not stand his company for long. He would not speak much and he never laughed, or even showed any hint of a smile on that Grim face of his. So, soon after women met him they lost interest and went away to pursue other single men.

Another fact that he was still single would be that he was also a Ranger, yes...you heard me right. One of the Dunedain of the North and so he kept away from most civilised places and when he did pass through them he was shunned away.
Another reason would be his past. Amandil had had a bad life. His father was also a Ranger who looked very similar to amandil now. But his father wasn't as Grim or as serious as Amandil was. So, enevitably with most of the advantages above, he fell in love and got married. And so Amandil came to be, a sturdy young child who always wore a serious expression on his little face.
However, his mother had died at child birth and his father grieved for her for a very long time.

After about three years later his father came out of his ever lasting grief and began to train his son in the ways of a Ranger. Amandil learned much from his father and they became almost inseperable.

One day, however, a new obsession came into his life. When he was sixteen he was out hunting deer for dinner when coming across an open glade with a large clear pool that was the base of a waterfall. Inside the pool was a Girl of about his age bathing completely naked inside the water. Of course, Amandil being an Honourable Ranger, quickly dived into a bush near at hand. He hoped that he had not been seen. However, what he hadn't realised was that he had dived straight into a Rose bush with very...VERY Large thorns. With a yelp he sprang out of the Roses and landed flat on his face in some very thick mud and remembered no more.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by zavron : 08-14-2003 at 12:01 PM.
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 11:13 AM   #2
zavron

When he awoke the first thing he saw was a blurry figure standing over him. He could feel water steadily dripping on his face and could also hear running water near at hand and could smell that he was lying in mud. Putting two and two together he realised he was still lying in the mud in the open glade. As his eyes came back to focus, he realised that the person standing over him was none other than the Girl he had seen in the water. This time she had clothing on but her hair was still wet, which was the cause of the water on his face, and she was at him smiling with a look of deep concern on her face.
"Are you allright?" She asked.
At the moment it seemed that Amandil had suddenly lost the use of his voice and when he opened his mouth to speak and nothing came out, he snapped it shut again. The girl was extremely beautiful and had a rich sweet voice. She had deep brown straight hair that at the moment was wet but still looked beautiful. She was wearing a lose blue robe with white sandals.
Seeing that she was still waiting for an answer he nodded.
"Come on, I'll help you up." She said offering him her hand. He took it and he managed to get to his feet. Her skin was smooth and like silk and her hands were delicately shaped as if the slightest touch would marr her beauty.
"Come and sit over here." She said ofering to sit on a large boulder near the pool of water.
Amandil went over and sat down, presently she came over and sat down next to him.
After awhile Amandil discovered he had a voice again and spoke.
"My name is Amandil." He said.
"Rydell." She told him offering her hand. He took it and again felt the smoothness of it. "So where do you come from?" She asked.

They talked about simple things at first but soon their talk became a conversation and they gradually began to know each other a lot better. Amandil discovered that her father was also a Ranger and after that they talked even more. Soon they became good friends and the next few days they met each other often. Soon they became the best of friends and it was hard to find them apart from each other walking through the woods. Soon it became more than friendship. But something happened that would drive them apart and Amandil into a great dipression. As he got to knew Rydell more he talke to his father less and less and Amandil's attention became solely enveloped with Rydell. His father didn't mind because he understood what was going on pretty well.

However, one day when Amandil was twenty-one his father was slain by a host of orcs from the mountains.

He blamed himself for not being there to help his father and he locked himself in his house only coming out for food and water. Rydell tried to see him but Amandil was too overcome with grief to notice. A year later he left so seek veneance on Orcs. But it would not be the last time he saw Rydell.

Five years later, he was following the trail of Orcs. He was soon led to believe that they were the same Orcs which had killed his father. He soon came upon them. They were ruining and burning down a small village and the people were running from all directions. They had caught a few and were dragging them away into the nearby forest. One of them was a women who seemed familliar o Amandil, but the other two were unknown. One of the villager's was standing, five Arrows protuding from his chest, around him lay the bodies of a dozen orcs and they're number were steadily growing. The face of the man was familliar. Soon another arrow whistled through the air and struck him, he staggered back and then lurched forward killing two more orcs as he went. Amandil suddenly remebered, It was Rydell's father. Amandil sprang from the bushes and ran to the mans aid. It seemed that the orc arrows were nowhere near any fatal parts but the pain must have been terrible. Together they made the orcs push back out of the village until there were only three left. One of them was the captain and the other's seemed to be his subordinates. One of the subordinates turned and ran at the site of the two Rangers and the other one quickly followed suit.
"Cowards!" The captain screeched running after them.

Rydell's father's wounds were easily treated and the fires in the village were put out and the people rounded up. But there were three missing. The orcs had kidnapped them, and the woman he had seen being dragged away was Rydell. His oath was strengthened. He said goodbye th her father and promised that he would find her. However after two years his search ended, there were no more trails to follow and he was at a dead-end.

And that is the sad tale of Amandil.

Now, nearly fourteen years later, the grim Ranger lay sleeping in a ditch with his fathers sword and bow and quiver lying beside him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by zavron : 08-14-2003 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:43 AM   #3
Valaróma
Banned

ooc:Your mailbox is full!
I don't know how to start
I'l think about it and post in a minute after you've emptied your mailbox
Valaróma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 12:07 PM   #4
zavron

I've emptied them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-14-2003, 12:33 PM   #5
zavron

The correct spelling is Rydell not Ryndell. Sorry for any inconveniences.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-14-2003, 05:01 PM   #6
zavron

I haven' finished it! Arrrghhh! I've just realised that I'd missed a major part in my story above!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-15-2003, 04:05 PM   #7
zavron

I spent a very long time making this so please somebody join!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-15-2003, 06:28 PM   #8
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
Well, if you promise not to snap at me.

Name: Eviana
Race:Elvish warrior
Description: She has long black hair, with silver streaks, round ice blue eyes, tall, slender, and is extremely beautiful, but is single because she mostly hides behind a cloak, afraid that her mother might find her and forced her to be married.
Personality: Short tempered, and very private. Keeps to herself alot.
Histroy: Her father died a while ago, but taught her how to fight well. Her mother is now the only heir to the throne of Mirkwood, but Eviana does not consider herself to be a princess. (shes very tom boyish)
Weapons: A blade, Terren, hidden daggers, a Mirkwood Long bow, with assorted types of arrows.
Animals: A pure black horse named Panawin, and a daemon named Alexiel, (snow leopard again... lol)

Last edited by Lady Arwen56 : 08-15-2003 at 06:30 PM.
Lady Arwen56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 08:48 PM   #9
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

I will join too

Name: Vahaie
Race: Wood elf, but I travel everywhere
Desciption: Very slender, kind of short, kind of pretty, messy brown hair and bright green eyes.
Personality: Easy-going, but never gets too attached to anybody.
Weapons: A couple of daggers.
Animals: Grey stallion with no name.

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 02:16 PM   #10
zavron

Yay! Ok you can make your entrances whenever you want.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-16-2003, 02:19 PM   #11
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
Eviana stepped into the dimly lit tavern, her cloak wrapped tightly around her. She sat at the table where the shadows lay, and watched the others around her. She silently stroaked the ears of her pet, Alexiel.
Old 08-16-2003, 02:23 PM   #12
zavron

ooc: Where are you? I'm in a ditch in the wilds, where's this tavern and where am I going to meet your character
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-16-2003, 02:27 PM   #13
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

ooc: Your just going to have to limp your way over here, besides, it's not far.
Old 08-16-2003, 02:47 PM   #14
zavron

ooc: Don't make me write you out of the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-16-2003, 07:37 PM   #15
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Alright, if you really want too. But are you sure you want to kick me out because of a joke??? Well, if I'm still aloud to post, I'll just come and find you in your 'ditch' I suppose.

ic: Eviana sighed, and stood up; it was far to crowded in this tavern. She nodded towards Alexiel, and walked outside into the fresh air. She paused to make sure Alexiel had followed her, and then took off into the wild.

ooc: I only joke with you becuz I like you...or at least I think your cool.
Old 08-16-2003, 07:41 PM   #16
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: Hm, I shall join as well.

Rylkin walked down the deserted road late at night. He saw a slight movement in the ditch by the road. He stooped near the still figure, "Are you all right?"

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 07:44 PM   #17
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Eviana ran deep into the forest, Alexiel on her trail. She let out a small cry as she ran into a figure she could not yet make out. She tumbled to the ground, her cloak hood flying back.
"Hey! Watch it there!" She snapped, standing up, and brushing herself off.
Old 08-16-2003, 07:51 PM   #18
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Rylkin was just about to check and see if the man was even alive, when he was knocked aside by someone. "Hey, watch it there!" the person snapped .

"You were the one running," he replied, slightly annoyed, "You should watch where you're going."

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 08:10 PM   #19
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

"Let's recap shall we? Middle of the night, trees blocking the moon, how in Elrond's name was I supposed to see a," She looked him up and down, her vision finally coming too. "A dwarf standing in the middle of a this wretched black forest?" She retorted.
Old 08-17-2003, 01:52 PM   #20
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

ooc: Would somebody be so kind as to post?