Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-09-2003, 04:41 PM   #1
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

The Order of the Blue Flame

Ok, I've tried this before and I stopped coming to Entmoot and the result was it went downhill and it just stopped. So...now I'm trying it again! If you have any questions Pm me and I'll sort it out. On with the story!

''The order of the blue flame is thought to be just a legend nowadays, but the story is known to all That Dwell In Middle-Earth. The order, as the legend goes, were wizards that broke away from the Istari long ago. They established themselves in their own comunity, and called themselves the Order of the White flame. Not much later, they began to get into disputes with themselves. There they fought against each other and eventually Split into Two-Groups. The ones that tried to keep the disputers together, named themselves The Order of The Blue Flame. The disputers called themselves The Order of The Red Flame. The two groups continued to Fight with each other. The reason for the splitting is not known, except that it was a great Power.
The Order of Blue Flame practiced white magic and kept peace and Harmony, but the Order of The Red Flame did unspeakable things of Horror and torment to everything that they saw and saught dominion over Middle-Earth.
Manwe, lord of the Valar could not let the war go on. So he came down, and as the legend says, brought terrible wrath and in some way he settled the dispute, and nothing was heard of either Orders ever since.''

The old man who was sitting in his Arm-chair told the youngsters that was gathered infront of him. A young lady, who was carrying a tray with a Cup of Ale and several glasses of Milk, came over and stood next to the old man.

''Now artamis, you now you shouldn't tell stupid tales like that to the children. You know fanciful things get to their heads and they go around babbling non-sense about stupid tales like that. Especially before their bed-Time!'' The woman began to hand out the Milk to the children and gave the glass of Ale to The old man.

''Nonsense! NONSENSE! It certainly is not nonsense melima! It's all true I tells'ya!When will you young people ever learn!'' The man took a swig of ale and fell asleep on the chair.

It was 9 o'clock on Midsummers eve. The SleepyDragon tavern was full to the brim with customers. The old village streets of Mortem were empty except for people going to the Tavern. The village of Mortem lay next to Mortem Mountain, which joined onto the Range of the White Mountains on the rohan side very near to Edoras.

There were many in the Inn, elves, men and some Dwarves. The barmaid, melima, was hurrying around serving at all the tables. I was stood at The back, near to where the Old man slept and was listning all thw while.

I watched as someone in a cloak headed towards the Old man. The Old man awoke. ''What may you be wanting?'' He asked.
The stranger pulled a chair up and sat infront of the Old man.
''Please, tell me all you know of The Order.'' He or she asked.
''Well I don't know anymore than the tale I just told. Ask Vasir over there, he should no a great deal more than me'' The old man pointed at me showing the stranger where I was. The stranger got up and walked over. I gripped my Dark Blue staff tightly, and placed my other hand on the Hilt of my sword.

When the stranger came forward I saw what He (she) was. The stranger sat down.
''My name is....''
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 05:02 PM   #2
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

...Vahaie." said the female wood-elf, taking off her cloak to reveal dark brown hair and peircing eyes. "And your name is Vasir? The old man over there told me you know about the Order." Vahaie saw that Vasir was gripping the hilt of his sword, and gave the faintest of smirks.
"You think I'm a threat? Or perhaps you just haven't killed anything in a long time? All I want is information, if you're willing to give it"

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 05:09 PM   #3
zavron

"Indeed! That is why I am gripping the hilt of my sword." He relaxed his grip. "The Old man has told all that I am willing to say," He stopped and lowered his hod to reveal a fair face and eyes that seemed to bore into the head of the female elf, "Unless your need is great? Come, tell me, why do you wish to know of the ancient Order?" He asked shifting his staff into his other hand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-09-2003, 05:18 PM   #4
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

"What the old man told was just a story, one I have heard many times before. To be honest, there is no dire reason why I wish to know, just that I am fascinated by the Order, and I always wondered what happened to them..." She trailed off and noticed Vasir's staff. "You don't look like you would need a walking stick." she said as if insinuating something.

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Old 08-09-2003, 05:28 PM   #5
zavron

"Yes, I see what you mean. Well, I can tell you one thing. The story is true." He looked around at the crowd.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-10-2003, 12:22 PM   #6
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Vahaie nodded. "I knew it!" she said hushedly. " I always believed it did, but, how is it you knew?"

Old 08-10-2003, 02:45 PM   #7
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
I'll join!!

Name: Eviana (Evan for short)
Race: Elvish Warrior
Description: Raven black hair that falls to my waist, and round ice blue eyes, tall, and slender.
Personality: I have a slight temper, but other then that, I remain quite calm.
Animals: a daemon (if you want to know what it is, just ask me) in the form of a Peregrin Falcon. A pure white horse named Panimine.
Weapons: Hidden daggers, A blade called Terren, arrows, and a bow.
History: No one knows much about me, I have no family, they all died in a war against the orcs, and I keep to myself, barely ever being noticed, I really don't talk to others either, not unless it's fairly important.

ic: I walked quietly into the Sleepy Dragon tavern, holding my hand over an open wound, so no one would frett over me. I walked over to the bar maid, having known her since I had first entered this place ten years ago.
"Melima," I whispered, my voice strained, and weak, because of the loss of blood. She snapped around to face me, and smiled sweetly. "Evan! It is nice to see you back here! Oh...wait...what's that..." She said, pulling my hand away from the wound on my lower stomach.
"Good heavens! Child, where did this happen? How did this happen?" Melima asked. "I was attacked...by...orcs..." I fell to the ground, unconscious.
Lady Arwen56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 11:20 PM   #8
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
ic: I stared into the flames of a blue fire, my gaze intent on watching it dance. I was in the miiddle of a beautiful forest, that suddenly began to fade. "W-what?" I said, standing up. The red flame began to surrounded me, growing closer, and closer until I fel that I coukl not breathe anymore. I let out a peircing scream as the red fkames brushed my skin, and left it dead, and scared. The inferno was impossible to get out of, and I thought I was going to die, when the blue flame came back, and it seemed to fight off the red. I saw a figure, he was shadowed, but held a blue staff, He reached out his hand...and then...pulled me out...
I woke up with a start, and Melima turned to face me. "Child! Your awake! Good! You gave us all a good start, I mean, falling down like that so sudden!" I smiled softly. Melima was so naive, yet so kind.
"Did you have any dreams?" "What? Oh, n-no." I lied. Then it clicked. "Melima, Melima, wasn't there a man with a blue staff when I arrived at the Sleepy Dragon?" I asked. "Oh, yes." Melima said, wetting a cloth. She put it up to my head, and pushed me lightly down onto the bed.
"What is his name?" "Oh...it's...oh it's on the tip of my tongue...Ah! His name is Vasir." "Is he still here?" "I think so, yes." "Good!" I jumped up, and walked room door, going quickly down the stairs as Melima called for me to come back and lay down.
I stopped at the bottom step. There he stood, talking to an Elven girl. I approached him, and their whispered converstation stopped. "Vasir, I assume?"
Old 08-11-2003, 12:48 AM   #9
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
I will join as well.

Character: Kiara
Class: Water elemental mage
Race: Sea-elf
Hair: A vibrant turquoise, curly and long, with a thin braid coming down over her shoulder, decorated with small seashells
Eyes: The color of tropical seas when you get far from shore
Clothes: Kiara wears very little, underwater, as is the custom of sea elves. When she goes on land, she dresses in skintight leggings and what we call a tube top.
Weapons: Underwater weapons are designed to be fast, and hers are no exception. She wears long blades shaped like fins strapped to her forearms, using them to deadly effect. (Those of you who have played Zelda: Mask of Majora, think of the Mikau-link's boomerang fins)
Jewelry: The one bit of jewelry Kiara wears is a delicate silver circlet on her head. Hanging down slightly on her forehead rests a pendant set with an aqua jewel.
Distinguishers: Kalile has irregular lighter patches on her dusky brown arms. She also walks rather differently from land dwellers.

I'll just wait for a good spot, here.
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 01:06 AM   #10
Aewionen
Elf Lord

ooc: i'll join

Name:Melia
Race:Men
Hair:Black, waist length
Eyes:Hazel
Complexion: a dark golden tan
Clothing: A silver dress with long sleeves that flare out. Saphirre designs spiral along the border and a star in the middle.
Companions: A tan horse, Rhiddyn, and a husky puppy, Aeldar.
Weapons: A sword and a small axe.
Specail item: A necklace that glows like a star in the moonlight. Can also be worn on her head with the star on her forehead.
Personality: Kind and gentle but harsh when need be.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)

Last edited by Aewionen : 08-11-2003 at 02:24 AM.
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 01:44 AM   #11
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: Hee hee Kalile looks like your trend continues yet again, minus Legoles.

ic: Rylkin walked into the SleepyDragon Tavern. Immediatly he saw them a cloaked figure with a blue staff, and two young elven ladies. Rylkin seated himself in a corner after getting a pint, and watched the trio speak in hushed tones.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 02:27 AM   #12
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Melia walked into the SleepyDragon and sat quietly in a corner surveying the area. Her necklace began to glitter slightly though it was not night.They are near.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Old 08-11-2003, 06:00 AM   #13
zavron

ooc:You are all welcome!! I think I have more carachter's than last time!! Yay!!!

ic: I stopped as I saw another elf approach.
"I am. Why do you ask" I said looking sternly into the eyes of the newcomer. They seemed to bore into the skull of the elf, looking not at her, but for something deeper.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-11-2003, 12:08 PM   #14
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

"I am Eviana Brownwood, I had a dream, and I had hoped that maybe you could interpret it?" Eviana whispered.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:42 PM   #15
zavron

"What was it about?" I asked still looking at the elf.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-11-2003, 04:45 PM   #16
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Melia leaned back in her chair and her necklace began a steady glow. She hid it so not to attract too much attention to herself. Think Blue. No longer Red.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

Old 08-11-2003, 11:44 PM   #17
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Quote:
Originally posted by Gulio, Strength of Many
ooc: Hee hee Kalile looks like your trend continues yet again, minus Legoles.
Only because she's in California. I guess I'm just a born leader.

Ic: Kiara stepped cautiously into the Inn, hiding her face in a large, shapeless cloak. Sea elves were not often seen, and often reguarded as demons or worse, so it was prudent to hide herself.
These clothes are so unwieldy! Why do land dwellers bother? The sea elf sighed and reminded herself why she was here. She had to find a Blue Fire mage and get him to teach her. It was only after long searches of every Library in all of Middle Earth that she had found out about this once powerful clan of wizards, and now she had to find one. There were rumors of an old man who knew the old stories, and was even a wizard of the Blue Fire himself. If only she could find him...
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 12:18 AM   #18
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

ooc: Yes, a born leader, and a good friend.

ic: Eviana releted the dream to Visar, taking care not to talk to fast. "...And then, I saw...I saw you, and you helped me out of the flames. Could you tell me what it means?"
Old 08-12-2003, 01:46 AM   #19
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Melia watched as someone came into the inn, their face covered. Suddenly, an urge to hurt her came into Melia's mind.Oh no, not now. She closed her eyes tightly and stayed put, hoping the newcomer would not come to her.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

Old 08-12-2003, 03:57 PM   #20
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Rylkin watched intently as the girl in the corner seemed to be having a struggle within herself. He walked over to her table and asked, "You are Melia, are you not?"

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote