Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-02-2003, 02:35 AM   #1
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
The New Ring of Doom!!

So, I had this really cool idea about Souron coming back, and making another ring, this time, making only 4 others. Well, Legolas ends up with one of the other 4, and eventually passes it on to his daughter, Kirri (kI-rE), who (a few years later,) figures out what, and the secret powers of the ring that has been passed down to her. She gahters up a Fellowship, and (if you'll buy this) the ring turns good with the help of elvish magic.

My charecter description:

Name: Kirri
Position: Elvish Princess
Body Description: Bright aqua-blue eyes surrounded with dots of purple, long chestnut brown hair, full crimson lips, and very slender.
Weapons: Daggars, Mirkwood Bow, Terran (her blade).
Items: The Ring, A huge sapphire blue crystal surrounded by Topaz, which my mother gave to me before dying in a battle (she didn't believe in letting her friends, and followers fight without her) Which has the inscription: I'll Always Be With You. imprinted on it.
Lady Arwen56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 03:21 AM   #2
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
ooc: I just want everyone to know, that this part in Italic is the past.

[ic: I shivered as the wind whipped my hair about me. I stood by my father, as my mother's body was tombed. I tried to cry, but I had cried to many nights before this. I could barely even breathe. I turned to my father, Legolas, King of The Mirkwood Elves, and sadly smiled gently at him. Crystal tears ran down his cheeks, and as he looked down at me, I saw the redness surrounding his eyes. "Dad, please don't cry." I whispered, lying my head softly on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, and I felt him smile. "Oh Kirri, I'm glad I still have you." He whispered. I buried my head into his black outfit, and let more then a few tears wet his shirt. When I finally pulled back, he took my chin in his hands, and smiled again. He let me go, reached over to his right hand, and pulled a beautiful gold, diamond, and opal ring, off his middle finger, and slipped it onto mine. "Kirri, don't lose this, it's very important to me, and it was important to your mother too." He said. "But then father, why are you giving it to me?" I asked, stunned. "Because, I think your old enough to take care of it now." I hugged him, and at that moment, I swore to forever leave this new treasure on.

I smiled up at the stars, and the moon, watching them sparkling, and shinning. I climbed my way further up the Willow tree, and finally sat down on a thick branch, watching the road below me for the return of my father. He had been gone for a whole year and a half fighting off Goblins, and Orcs close to the city of Gondor. I had been waiting all day, trembling all over at the thought of seeing my handsome, kind hearted father, and my god father, Ghimly the Dwarf.
Then, half an hour later, two horses galloped full throtle towards my spot, one pure white, the other a mix of brown, and silver. I spotted my father first, jumping down from the old Willow.
My father pulled to a quick stop in front of me, and jumped off Lightening, pulling me into his grasp as soon as he got down. "My little girl! Well, my not so little girl now. Oh Kirri! How much I have missed you can not be put into words simply!" He said into my ear. I smiled. My father let me go, and I greeted my god father, with another glowing smile.
"Aye, it has been many years since I have seen you child!" Ghimly said, smiling back. "My what a young lady you have become!" I blushed. "Thank you, Ghimly." I whispered, trying to hide my flush. Just as I was about to ask my father what had happened, and why he was gone so long, another horse galloped up.
I stared at him in a complete daze; He was incredibly handsome, with bright blue eyes, long blonde hair, and a detailed beautiful face. He stared back at me. "Ah, Sir Rhys. I see you have finally caught up with our trusty steeds. Oh, uh right, I forgot to introduce you two. Rhys, this is my lovely daughter, Kirri. Kirri, this is Sir Rhys of Rivendell, he is one of my newest captains." My father said.
"Lovely indeed, Sire. She is beautiful, just as you said she would be." Rhys commented. I smiled up at him, and said, "Well, father has written of you more then a few times Captain." I said. "Witty as well! Sire, I am afriad you never mentioned that." Rhys said playfully. My father smiled at him.
"Well, come on then, let us go inside, and prepare for the feast!" Ghimly cried. I nodded, and my father hopped back onto his horse, headed for the stables.

ooc; Will someone please play Rhys? *smiles* *eyes get big and round as if begging* PLEASE!!
Old 07-02-2003, 02:41 PM   #3
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

Location: Somewhere in the chaos between the first and second ages! (Actually, CO)
Hmm, I would Lady Arwen, but I don't fancy RPing male elves who are going to end up falling in love anyways. What do you mean by Elvish Magic?

Name Astarien
Race Lothlorien Elf
Descrip. Tall, Blonde Hair, Green eyes, slender and strong, basic elf description.
Weapon Hadhafang (Sword of Idril Celebrindal)
Horse Aerlind

OK, new bio to fit story. Astarien is the eldest daughter of Galadriel and Celebron, she was born at the end of the Second Age, about the same time as The Last Alliance won over Sauron. She remained unmarried, and becomes a Captain of the Lothlorien Border Guard. After the War of the Ring in the Third Age, and when Sauron returned; as Heir to Lothlorien Astarien recieves a ring, similar to Nenya. A simple mithril band with a small drop of the light of the star of Earendil. The ring is called Cemina.
Ask me anything
"I have not failed, I've only found 10,000 ways that won't work."
-Thomas Edison
Visit Tolkien RP Site! Need members, RP all three Ages! (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) http://elvellon.suddenlaunch2.com
"Yay, I can hear the voices in my head again!
Dolenloteiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 02:51 PM   #4
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

Location: Somewhere in the chaos between the first and second ages! (Actually, CO)
Astarien stood in her Mother's Glade, near Galadriel's Mirror. The stars shone bright through the branches of the mallorn leaves, and Cemina shone dimly in the light of the moon. Galadriel slowly made her way towards her daughter. Astarien bowed slightly. "Suilad Naneth nin." She whispered softly.
Galadriel nodded, "A na le ield nin." She embraced her daughter and kissed her forehead. The Lady of Light touched the hand that bore Cemina with her own hand that bore Nenya. A simple touch, but so much was said between them. "Ield nin," Galadriel said in her mind, like her Mother, Astarien had been gifted with telepathy. "Ield nin, your power is growing, you fear it...but you should not. You nor I know what will become of us...I have no power..." Galadriel held Nenya aloft. "Your destiny has been decided...but I do not know your full intent." The Sorceress of Lothlorien leaned in close. "Your time is nigh, Ield 'en nin...embrace it." With that, Galadriel turned and walked gracefully out of the glade.
Astarien nodded, and looked down at the glowing light of Cemina. "Yes Naneth...my time is nigh..."
Ask me anything
-Thomas Edison
Visit Tolkien RP Site! Need members, RP all three Ages! (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) http://elvellon.suddenlaunch2.com
Old 07-02-2003, 05:39 PM   #5
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Sorry, I don't do love.

Is it okay if I'm a dwarf?

Name: Rorin
Race: Dwarvish
Apperance: Short, stocky build, red hair and beard, brown eyes.
Personality: Fiery, loyal, suspicious of strangers.
Weapons: A battle axe and small throwing axes.
History: Rorin is Dain's brother. He left the Iron Hills for the Lonely Mountain after the kingdom was established there. He was one of the dwarves that delivered toys to Bilbo's party. He decided to hang around a bit and started a brewery. He travells around selling beer to different inns.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 05:41 PM   #6
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
I want to join...

Name: Manalseh
Race: human
weapons: a golden Ring which seems to make her invisible and a sword
POB: Minas Tirith

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:11 PM   #7
Aewionen
Elf Lord

I will join.

Name: Nienna
Race: Elf
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Brownish red
History: After Nienna's mother died, she went to work in the stables in Mirkwood. Her father,Palnar, who worked as a gaurd for the King of Mirkwood, taught her how to use the bow and the sword. She is very skilled with both and wishes for some sort of adventure in her boring life. Nienna is then given a ring from her father and takes it with her everywhere. She soon starts to have strange dreams and never wears it.

ooc: were the 4 rings already taken?
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)

Last edited by Aewionen : 07-02-2003 at 07:48 PM.
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:13 PM   #8
Aewionen
Elf Lord

ic: Nienna had finished her chores with the horses and so she began to braid the tail of Silaelen, her horse. While she was braiding, she remembered the day her father, Palnar, had given it to her.

"Nienna! Come here. I have something to show you!" Nienna heard the voice of her father and quickly ran outside to meet him. When she arrived, she saw a beautiful black horse. "Is that for me adda?" she asked. "Of course it is!" he replied, "Now let me help you up and lets see you walk him." After saying something to horse, he turned, picked her up, and set her on the back of the black gelding. As the horse started to walk for her, she bent down and whispered in it's ear, "I am going to call you Silaelen because of your white star," Nienna looked back at her father and saw him give her mother a kiss. She smiled and thought of the feel of the horse cantering. . The wind in her hair and the sun setting. She felt as though she were flying, as if....

A noise out side disturbed her thoughts. Nienna went to go see what had happened.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)

Last edited by Aewionen : 07-02-2003 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-03-2003, 01:44 AM   #9
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

ooc: Sure, all you guys can join. I didn't mean elvish magic, parden that. I meant magic in general. Like, there's some force inside me, that turns it good.

ic: Something intrigued me about Rhys. I didn't know what yet, but, I know something was different about him.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:27 PM   #10
Gulio, Strength of Many

Rorin looked at the next stop on his map. "Mirkwood, hm..." he debated going there at all, for the elves prefer wine to beer. "Ah, well what the heck I'll go." He hopped back into his cart and rode into Mirkwood.

When he arrived at the palace, he greeted the guards, who were used to seeing him on his rounds. He gave them a free ale and made his way inside. His mouth dropped open as he saw an old friend. "Gimli! Is that you?" he cried.

"Rorin? What brings you to Mirkwood?" he asked ans they embraced.

"Just selling ale," Rorin replied with a smile. "Want a glass? On me."

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:44 PM   #11
Aewionen
Elf Lord

ic: Nienna turned the corner and saw two dwarves drinking what looked like ale. She smiled but then her eye caught something else,Legolas, King of the Mirkwood elves, had returned. My smile grew. Father must be home as well! Her father had been very busy since the King had been away in Gondor. He was not able to come home very often. Nienna quickly ran home and saw her father standing in the middle of the room with a smile appearing on his lips. She ran and jumped in his arms. Because he had been used to this, he had caught her and swung her around before setting Nienna back on the ground. "You have gotten taller," he said noticing she could just about see him eye to eye, "I may not be able to do that anymore." he added with a smile. "I am so glad you are home!" she laughed hugging him once again. "How often have you ridden Silaelen?" he asked. "As much as I can," Nienna replied looking her father in the face, "Well," he said letting go of her, "What do you say we go and ride, just the two of us. I expect you are done in the stables?" "Yes, of course! I will go and get Silaelen."

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

Old 07-03-2003, 04:59 PM   #12
Gulio, Strength of Many

Rorin and his childhood friend Gimli were catching up over a few glasses of fine beer when a tall elf approached them. "Rorin," Gimli said, "I want you to meet my closest friend, Legolas."

Rorin smiled and offered the elf a drink. The realization hit him. "Legolas, King of the Mirkwood Elves? The same Legolas who accompanied the Ringbearer on his quest? It is an honor to meet you."

Old 07-03-2003, 05:26 PM   #13
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Hi! can I join? Rhys sounds familiar two princesses of Barramere?and
Name: Gladeiel [Glade e l]
Race elvish
Eyes: Dragons eyes
Hair: spun gold
Height: 5'6"
Weapons: Bow & arrows, Sword encrusted with Sapphires, twin daggers, and a Falschion.
Apperance: Wears a beautifully crafted ring of White dimonds, with a single sapphire in the middle, which can make her invisible at will. Wears long dark green pants, a belt with a leaf from Lothlorien as the buckle, green elvish shoes, a dark green shirt, made of leaves and vines, and a long sleeved Dark green jacket jacket .
Horse: Seafoam
IC: Gladeiel was sitting in a corner watching the conversation of Gimli, Rorin, and Legolas. She watched Nienna get spun around by her father. She walked out into the firelight and ordered a drink. She sat there pondering things until her drink came. She finished it up, thought about it, then went out to find Kirra, who had been her friend scince she was very young. She went out to the stables and got Seafoam.
I do! I got a ring too!

Last edited by Legoles : 07-05-2003 at 09:33 PM.
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 05:57 PM   #14
Gulio, Strength of Many

ooc: Hmm, say one of the Seven managed to get away from Suaron, one he thought destroyed. Rorin could have it. Yes, that sounds good. Ok, Rorin has a dwarven Ring of Power.

Old 07-03-2003, 07:15 PM   #15
Aewionen
Elf Lord

ooc: who has the rings? I have one.

ic: After the ride with her father, Nienna went to put Silaelen back in the stables. Suddenly, the ring in her pocket began to feel warm. She took it out of her pocket and looked at it. It was then she saw a vision. The one of her mother's death.

Nienna was in the stable with her horse when she heard a scream. It belonged to her mother so she quickly ran to see what had happened. She was almost there when she heard a sickening crack. She saw the it was the leg of her father. A stranger had come and dropped a block of stone on his leg. Nienna watched in horror as the man then pulled out a knife and slit her mother's throat. Nienna screamed as the man ran out, but he saw her and hit her over the head with the blunt end of his sword. The last thing Nienna saw was her father limping over to her mother and weep as she died in his arms. When she awoke her father kissed her on the forehead and whispered through the tears, "Nothing will ever hurt you."

After seeing this, Nienna fell to the ground and began to cry.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

Last edited by Aewionen : 07-03-2003 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:27 PM   #16
Gulio, Strength of Many

Gimli

Rorin has one of the original Seven. When there was still the One. Not one of the new ones.

Old 07-05-2003, 07:47 PM   #17
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

ooc:
Name: Sandoria "Sandy" Lynn Baggins
Position: Frodo's daughter
Eyes: Deep peircing steel blue
Hair: short straight Chestnut and Chocolate Brown
Height: above average Hobbit size
Weapons: Sting, she inherited it. many hidden Daggers
clothes: boy Hobbit clothes, a cloak
Horse: Silverwind Shadowfax's son
Items special to her: Her father's cloak, mithril coat and the phial he recieved from the Lady Galadriel.

family history: Frodo is the only known living thing to come back to Middle Earth after sailin gacross the sea. He married a young Hobbit girl and they had three children, the oldest of which is Sandoria Lynn Baggins. She had two brothers, Errin(Erin) and Derryk(Derick). Their motherand father died in a terrible boating accident just like their grandparents and it i snot known who raised them after that. Many sources believe that at least the two boys were raised by the Gamgee's for some time, but that has yet to be proven. Her two brothers, lookingjust like their father, hav ebeen sighted often, but not recently.

ic: "Sandy, what are we doing here?" Derryk asked, looking at me as I watched the elfs and the dwarf talking.

"Yeah, can't we go home?" Errin asked, looking at the elf's with interest.

"No, we must talk to them, I think they knew father, before he died, come on. Let's go," I said, quickly running closer, I could hear them talking easier. Finally the two male elfs and the dwarf left and the girl was alone. I stepped out from behind the tree and right in front of her. She took a step back but I began to speak, "Don't be alarmed, I need to speak with the elf Legolas Greenleaf and the Dwarf Gimily son of Gloin, they knew my father." Derryk and Errin stepped out and stood behind me, shaking.

"Your-your father?" she asked, looking at us.

"Yes, I am Sandoria Lynn and these are my brothers, Derryk and Errin, we ar ethe children of Frodo Baggins, the Ring Bearer of old."
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 09:36 PM   #18
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Gladiel then realised her mistake and rushed back inside, poked Kirra on the back and said "Kirra, I have been looking for you," she said in quiet tones, "whats with Frodo's sons and daughter?"

PADFOOT LIVES!

Last edited by Legoles : 07-05-2003 at 09:39 PM.
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 10:21 PM   #19
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

((Computer is acting up! ))

The next day, Astarien went to see her Mother. Galadriel sat in a chair near a table that held her morning's meal, Nenya lay on the table near the center, a discarded jewel. Astarien looked upon her Mother's golden face; realizing that something troubled her. "Naneth nin?" Astarien asked uncertainly.
Galadriel looked at her, unwavering, her blue eyes piercing her daughter's grey. "Your time is nigh." The Lady of Light gestured her daughter closer and placed The Ring of The Adamant into Astarien's palm, and gazed deep into her daughter's eyes. "Be on the alert, Ield nin...evil will be drawn towards your power. Ego! You are needed..."
Astarien drew Cemina and Nenya to her. It was then sherealized what she must do. With one swift movement, Astarien stood and made her way to the door, turning only to bow to her Mother. "Naevero, Naneth nin...Ego 'na Valinore..."
Aerlind was away with his Mistress on his back, and Astarien rode North East out of Lothlorien, towards The Old Forest Road, and her woodland kin in The Halls of Thranduil... Enclosed inside her gloves, Cemina pulsed with a steady rhythm, and Astarien rode...
Ask me anything
-Thomas Edison
Old 07-07-2003, 12:29 AM   #20
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Nienna didn't know how long she sat on the ground weeping. This had never happened to her before. Unable to find the strength to stand, she leaned against a wooded pillar and tried to bloke out the image of her mother's throat as it was slit and her gagging for air. It was a horrible noise. No matter how hard she tried, Nienna could not block it from her mind, and she once again began to cry. She hoped no one would hear her for she did not want anyone to see her hands shaking and tears falling down her face.

ooc: Just tell me if I get too dramatic.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade