Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 05:14 PM   #21
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Lalaith: Hey Eowyn, nice to meet you! Just wanted to ask you: What do you do that your sword looks that damn new?
Old 04-13-2003, 05:49 PM   #22
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Yay! War at last!

IC:

over the din of the battle Seth yells to Eowyn and wades through to her. Dispatching random orcs on his way.

Seth: About 40 at my last count *skewers Orc* Make that 41!

Eowyn: Aha! we break even! *Just then a fresh wave of Orcs hit* But then again....

*she wades through the onslaught hewing orcs left,right and center with Seth covering her back*

Seth: 62!

Eowyn: 76!

*and so they go laying about with wave after wave of orcs spilling upon them until they see the end of the waves*

*E & S stop to rest and clean off their weapons*

Seth: So...who won? I gott about 120 or so. It was kinda hard to keep track of them all!

Eowyn: Same here. I dunno, I stopped counting after i got to a 100.

*Seth sheaths both his swords and takes out his halberd*

Eowyn: I think its time for us to move on. what do you say?

Seth: Hmmn, right that would be wise. I'll say it was a tie then if we cant remember how many we each killed, hows that sound?

Eowyn:*Getting up to move on* Right! sounds good to me!

*with that both the warriors head out*

OOC2: Where were we? What battle? Hope i didnt botch anything up!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 04-13-2003 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-13-2003, 10:02 PM   #23
Amaranthea
Enting

Larien stood on the upper most tower wall, shooting arrow after arrow. Her arms were just beginning to tire, but the quiver upon her back was rapidly emptying. Many orcs had fallen from her strings; many more would before the night was through. She did not bother to count; to do so would only distract her from the repetitious motions she was forcing herself to go through, to live. Reach, grab arrow, notch, aim, let fly, reach, grab arrow, notch, aim, let fly. It seemed as if it would never end.

Just as her supply of arrows was on it's last stand, orcs began spilling into the keep. Abandoning her bow for her long knives, she began hacking mindlessly at the foul creatures. Soon her fair face and white-blond hair were covered with orc-flesh and bits of gore; but still she pressed on. Just as it seemed she would be overtaken by exhaustion if one more orc came upon her, their numbers about her cleared, and she saw a human woman and another fighting off the creatures. She made her way over to them; there is always more strength in numbers.

OOC: Hmmm, I thought we were at Helm's Deep. That's the way I played it. By the by, Larien is making her way over to Seth and Eowyn, but you probably already knew that, didn't you?
Old 04-14-2003, 03:26 PM   #24
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Thats what I thought! We will be moving over towards you. By the way, In this I am a man, and not just any man! An Easterling! The best kind of Man! Heehehee

IC:

*Just then the dynamic duo were slogging there way up a flight of stairs when a rather desheveled Elf came hacking and swatting toward them, sending orc bits flying in each direction. Eowyn calls for Seth to watch her back while she flags the waylaid Elf over to them*

Eowyn:*Shouting at the top of her lungs while trying to get passed a rather annoying trove of Uruks.* Hallo there! Elven one! It looks like you need a bit of help there! Come and join the two of us!

Larien: Sounds well to me! Safety in numbers! My name is Larien!

*She and Eowyn were slogging there way over to Seth who was really starting to get enthusiastic about this and was really letting fly*

Seth:*Giving a back handed slash his all* AAARRRGGGGHHH!!!! *With a swoosh five orc heads hit the ground* AHA! Beat that Eowyn! Five with one!

Eowyn:*Nodding head* Never mind that! We've got a very tired elf on our hands and too many Gor-blasted Orcs for even you to handle! Give us some space to rest a bit since you are apperantly not at all tired and keep those bloody orcs away from us!

Seth:*Smiling broadly* Of course I'm not tired! I am of the Glorious East! I live for fighting! Fine so I shall show you what we Easterlings are made of!

*With that he goes out and anihalates a group of monsterous Uruks that had spotted them and he breaks out in a hailstorm of easterling swearing and singing. At times making a song out of the swearing*

Larien:*Looking at the swirling blades that are Seth and shakes her head* Now where in the name of Eru did you find that man?!

*Eowyn merely shakes her head and the two rest for a bit. Larien's strength returns to her and Eowyn comes back with a full quiver of arrows for her*

Larien: Where did you find those?

Eowyn:*Eowyn sudddenly finds the gore splatterd floor quite interesting, and says shyly* I found 'em.

*They both know how easy it is to find things, especially weapons, in a battle*

Larien: It looks elvish.

Eowyn: It was...er, it is. Um, oops.

*They both sigh and Larien takes the arrows and transplants them in her quiver and move back into battle by Seth*
Old 04-14-2003, 04:13 PM   #25
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

Eowyn: Laliath, um, it is new.
Laliath: Ahhhh. THat's why.
Eowyn: And, Seth, you say five with one! Ha! I bet I can do ten with one! *Only does six* Oops, guess my sword arm's a bit tired.
Seth: Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha!
Eowyn: *Looks really annoyed* Com'on, we have a tired orc-Sorry-I mean elf on our hands.
Old 04-15-2003, 01:10 AM   #26
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
New elf named Kalile

Okay, I'm going to plunge headlong into the middle of this game. that's me all over!

Suddenly a short elfin woman comes staggering down an flight of stairs. She is bleeding from a dozen wounds, and can barely stand.
"More...orcs! Over..the..wall! Coming now.... with ladders and..."
She falls unconsious at a small group's feet, her flachion narrowly missing the foremost man's foot.
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Old 04-15-2003, 05:18 AM   #27
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Lalaith is hunted by some creepy orcs ....
Lalaith: Help, Help! I can't beat them all alone!
Eowyn comes riding down a hill with her horse to rescue Lalaith. Together they kill all the orcs.
Lalaith: Thanks for your help Eowyn. IOU
Eowyn: No problem.
Lalaith: But now your sword isn't that new. You've got orc blood on it.
Old 04-15-2003, 04:49 PM   #28
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

Eowyn: ooo heck. It's not that new. It was Theodens sons, what's his face, Thengol.
Laliath: ok, lol
Eowyn: Oh yeah, Kalile, get that elf person into the keep.
*kills eight orcs with a single blow*
Eowyn: Beat that, Seth!
Old 04-15-2003, 07:50 PM   #29
Kalile

Not the keep!!!

"Wait!" the elf said raising her head,"orcs are inside! Not many, but more than the defenders can handle." She sits shakily up and
begins tearing strips from her long tunic to bind her wounds. "I was sent to find everyone that could come to beat them back." She tries to stand, but falls back down, spearing an orc with a dagger. "I must rest here."
Old 04-15-2003, 08:43 PM   #30
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: watch where the heck you fall next time!

*Seth was just careing for the midget elf and properly binding her wounds for her and once he was done he grabed Eowyn and Larien takeing them with him*

Seth:*shouting over his shoulder* Laliath! take care of that midget elf and watch our backs!

Kalile:*sumoning the last vestiges of her strength*I AM NOT A MIDGET!!! *slumps to the floor*

Eowyn&Larien&Seth: TO US YOU ARE!!

*The three of them leave for the keep only to find more orcs*

Seth:*broad smile* Alright you Western Wimps! there are plenty of orcs here for you to show your skills on! I shall sit and watch!

Eowyn: Wait! we're tired, that's not fair!

Larien: Oh leave him be and lets go kill the bloody things and get this over with!

*with that the tired westerners go forth and smack left and right killing orcs and goblins, only when Eowyn slipped in a pool of gore and was about to be finished off did Seth get concerned and jump into the fray*

Eowyn: AAAHHH! *franticly smacks around with her sword*

Seth: So i see little miss western warrior woman is getting a bit tired!? *offers Eowyn his hand*

Eowyn:*annoyed, takes his hand up* Well, not all of us can be from the East.

Larien: Indeed! now, will you please get your Eastern ass in gear and finish these monsters off! Thank you!

Seth:*laughing* Your wish is my command Sahib!

*he finishes off the remainder of the orcs and they go outside to find Laliath guarding the Elf from a hord of goblins*

Laliath:*losing her temper* YYYAAARRRRGGGG!BE...GONE....YOU....STUPID...BRUTES ! DIE...YOU...EVIL...THINGS! *Each word was punctuated by a heavy swoosh and falling orcs limbs*

*Larien takes out her bow and shoots the remaining orcs down*

Eowyn:*chuckeling* come on girls! we've got ladders too tip!

*they all head off for the top walls and Laliath turns and runs up with them totally forgeting Kalile*

Seth:*takes a head count* Hey! where's the midget?

Laliath:*white as a sheet* Oh no! I left her down there!

*Seth sprints back down, grabs what he sees as Kalile and rushes back up and puts her down against a wall*

Eowyn&Larien: Are you sure your not tired?!?! how the hell can you do that?

*Seth merely smiles*

OOC2: I really like this Rpg! hehehehe, sorry Kalile! couldnt help myself!
Old 04-15-2003, 11:25 PM   #31
Kalile

Quite all right!

OC: You actually took the words right out of my mouth. Whoa.

IC: "Thank you, sir... Seth, was it? I think I may fight a little, since the bleeding has stopped." Looks up and manages a small grin. "Actually, 'midgets' are good at fighting; no one can see you 'till you've cut them open!" She pushes herself to her feet, taking a swig out of a container at her belt. "Here!" she tosses it to Eowyn before rushing to the wall, falchion flailing. "It'll boost your energy! Eulaliaaaaaa!" The sea of orcs parts as if before an invisible arrow, Kalile being hidden behind orcs falling in her wake.
Old 04-16-2003, 07:40 AM   #32
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Lalaith: *desperate* I'm a useless fighter and I can't take care of other people. It's horrible. Can somebody kill me please?
Eowyn: Want to give up your immortal life just because you forgot someone?
Lalaith: Yes, I want. I'm a terrible Elf. I'm not worth beeing an Elf.
Kalile & Larien & Seth: Can somebody please stop that anoying elf from talking?

Lalaith keeps on suffering, while the others are annoyed from her suffering.
Old 04-16-2003, 01:31 PM   #33
Kalile

You sure you want her to be quiet?

The midget comes up again. "If you really want her to be quiet, I could whack her!." Hefts her falchion. "You were awfully busy fighting other orcs, and I deserve to die if I can't defend myself for a while, even wounded. So no self pity, or I really will kill you! "
Sees that Laliath won't stop. "Well, I warned you!" SMACK! Hits her with the flat of the blade. "I'm sorry, but she wasn't fighting anyway. If there's one thing I don't like, it's someone being overly apologetic. I can revive her with that stuff I threw to you, if you want."
Old 04-16-2003, 01:34 PM   #34
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Re: You sure you want her to be quiet?

Quote:
Originally posted by Kalile
The midget comes up again. "If you really want her to be quiet, I could whack her!." Hefts her falchion. "You were awfully busy fighting other orcs, and I deserve to die if I can't defend myself for a while, even wounded. So no self pity, or I really will kill you! "
Sees that Laliath won't stop. "Well, I warned you!" SMACK! Hits her with the flat of the blade. "I'm sorry, but she wasn't fighting anyway. If there's one thing I don't like, it's someone being overly apologetic. I can revive her with that stuff I threw to you, if you want."
You are trying to kill me? How mean. I'll stop complaining and I will go to the wood for a few hours to calm down. Need to have silence.
Old 04-16-2003, 01:42 PM   #35
Kalile

Weeellll, I wasn't trying to KILL you, per say...

Just knocking you out. I wouldn't kill a good person. Don't worry.... be happy!
Old 04-16-2003, 01:55 PM   #36
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Re: Weeellll, I wasn't trying to KILL you, per say...

After walking a bit in the wood, Lalaith has calmed down and enters the company again.

Lalaith: Where will the next battle be?
Eowyn: I've heard rumours that there are some orcs home in Edoras.
Lalaith: Okay, lets go there. Some heads have to fly through the air.
Kalile: And that won't be ours.
Old 04-16-2003, 02:28 PM   #37
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Hehehe! Is that what we shall call you for the rest of the rpg? hmmn... I dub thee "Midge"?!!? Friends shall we?! !

IC:

*Seth had seen the little wave of destruction that the midget had caused and chukled to himself*

Seth: Hey! Girls! I am going to follow our little friend for a while! Dont any of you get killed now! You hear?!

*the "Girls" grumble and laugh sarcasticly and Seth walks after Kalile, merrily killing any orc and/or goblin he came across until he looked over a ledge and found her in the thick of a huge bunch of Orcs, He grabbed a doubled blade elf sword with both sides from a dead elf beside him and jumps right into the fray immitateing Kalile's cry of....*

Seth:EULALIAAAAAAA!!!!!!

*The roar of his war cry echoed over all of Helms Deep over the din of battle and with that he gives a mighty circular spin with all his might and grace and, with a thump, 30 orc heads fall to the ground*

Kalile: WHOA!!! How did you do that!!! Show me please!!.....Hey, you copied my war cry! Cool!

*Seth grinned and gave her his hand and they shook*

Seth: Boy oh boy! You have a great spirit that belies your size! I shall call you Midge from now on! Well, small friend, unfortunatly that is one of the Easterling moves that requires height! But I can show you many others that dont! As for your war cry... it sounded musical to me and I have also heard it before!

Kalile: Neat!!! Where did you hear my cry?

Seth: Many battles ago, now come on! Lets show these God acursed brutes what we warriors are made of!!

Seth&Kalile: EULALIAAAAAAAAA!!!

*Yet again the war cry was hard and the two went side by side merrily hacking their way back to their little troop of warriors. The midget elf next to the tall easterling wreaking havoc on their enemies. They rejoined their troop*

OOC2: Isn't "Eulaliaaa" from the Red Wall series? It's the war cry of the Badgers, right?
Old 04-16-2003, 02:37 PM   #38
Kalile

Ooc: Redwall it is! Bagers are
Ic: Shall we go then? Laliath, do you feel better?
Laliath: "Yes, despite the bump you gave me."
Kalile: *sheathing her falchion* "Sorry. "

Ooc: Midge it is, and friends we shall be.
Old 04-16-2003, 02:54 PM   #39
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Cool! Where shall the new battle be held? Gotta go back to class now!

Seth:*gives Laliath Eastern pain relievers* Off we Go!
Kalile: Right! *they ride off to Edoras*
Old 04-16-2003, 02:58 PM   #40
Kalile

What are we, exactly?

OOC: Are we mercenaries or something? I'm a little confused.
Closed Thread