Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-31-2003, 12:04 AM   #1
TopazJedi
Elven Warrior

Middle OF the Earth

My idea was, what if Mr. Tolkien translated something incorrectly. What if "Middle Earth" was supposed to be translated "Middle of the Earth"? What if the world of Lord of the Rings could be accesed by tunneling through the earth's crust (like in the book "Tarzan at the Earth's Core", or in the movie "Atlantis") We could actually go to ME! For the RPG, i'll need a second in command and a crew of dedicated men and women (tell me your specific role in the crew). To join, please outline your character, making sure to add some character traits, and then wait to start, because i would like to make sure we have a full team before we start the game. BTW, after the RPG gets to ME, we will have some openings for people playing elves, men, dwarves, and hobbits (and any bad guys).
When we arrive in ME, it is after the ring is destroyed, and during the Reign of Aragorn (so we get to meet the Fellowship, minus Boromir of course) Pretend you don't know anything that happens after the hobbits finish rebuilding the Shire. so Elrond is still in Rivendell, and when we tunnel in, we land near his kingdom.

Last edited by TopazJedi : 04-08-2003 at 11:52 PM.
TopazJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 08:03 PM   #2
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Gandalf

ooc: I shall join as I said before. This is an interseting base for an rpg.

character:
name:Boe
race: human ofcourse
Command of the cooking and the health care.
bio: lived in England and heard of legend of ME. Always wanted to find it and maybe try to live there.
Studyed in cooking of food and was apart of the food netwaork crew when it came to decorations and healthy foods. (ok this is getting out of my real character but hey its worth a try)
Found a plan of an explorers going to ME and asked if I could be the cook of the ship and was accepted.
Is this fine????
Old 04-01-2003, 08:07 PM   #3
Ninquelote
Elven Warrior

I can't believe you people... You never learn...

XIAN- for hating Wiccans.
MURDERER- for hating vegetarians.
PREP- for hating Goths.

These are a few of my favourite things, the hypocritical stylings of the most "liberal" groups.
Ninquelote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 08:50 PM   #4
Tári_of_Varies_Nienna
Hobbit

Il join! heehee
character:
Name: Delandra
Race: Elf
Weapons: well, do we need any?
in comand of driving into ME, pilot sorta thing
Bio: Left her home to join these forces, her family and her job.
Could make almost anything fly or move, she became known as Pilot
Heard about the trip into ME and got real excited. Wemt to see if she could go and was accepted.
Good enough?
"This is the day you will always remember as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow."-captain jack sparrow
"But why is the Rum gone?"-Captain Jack Sparrow
"Is that the reason for the whole"-*moves his arms around and looks drunk*-Will Turner
"Ye dont know what this is, do ye? Aztec gold."-Captain Barbossa
"So there is a curse. Thats interesting."-Captain Jack Sparrow
"You want pain? Try wearin a corset."-Elizabeth Swann
"I hardly believe in ghost stories anymore, Captain Barbossa."-Elizabeth Swann
"Ye best start believin in ghost stories Ms. Turner. You're in one."-Captain Barbossa
"Hey. Your not dead."
"Im not? So it is." *jack turns around to see pirates then turns around again to see hes surrounded*
"Paelealelgle."
*pirates look at him funny*
"Paeelelalelaleleal. Pealelalealle. Parsley, parsnip, par-"
"Parlay?"
"Yes. Thats the one. Parlay."-Captain Jack Sparrow and crew of Black Pearl.
"You wouldn't want to be doin that."
"No, I assure you, I think I do."
"Your funeral."
*barbossa sighs*
"Why wouldnt I wanna be doin this?"-Captain Jack Sparrow + Captain Barbossa
Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me.
~nef
Tári_of_Varies_Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 09:55 PM   #5
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
I wanna join!

Name: Bror Icewrath
Race: Dwarf
Weapons:double side war axe
Bio: I'm your second in command(at least I want to be so please say I can)! I left the mountains to see trees and open fields (some call me the strange dwarf but ONLY behind my back). Then I stummbled upon you guys and decided I missed tunneling and being under ground so I joined.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 10:49 PM   #6
TopazJedi
Elven Warrior

Hi Sicirus! thanks for joining everyone! Uh, but the crew has to be all human, seeing as how ME is in the center of the earth, and the people of our world haven't had contact with ME for thousands of years (otherwise we wouldn't be able to "discover" it). So I guess what could happen is that you can be humans with elf or dwarf or whatever in your bloodline, from far back in regular earth's history. Yes you can be my second in command, Fimbrethil, and your character does work, because although you do have to be a human, you can have dwarfish blood and in preparation for going to middle earth, you learned how to use an axe, and learned the dwarvish languge, so you can be the honerary dwarf on the mission (and the shortest one of us). and Tári, you can be the one with the elf blood and the honerary elf of the company. But you don't find out that you have elf or dwarf blood until you reach ME.

Here's how it happened. a long time ago, the humans from RE or SE (regular earth or surface earth) could comminicate with and travel to ME. But somehow the communication was lost, but not before they shared with us a prophecy or something (that became the book of LOTR). Mr tolkien found this prophecy and translated it. Everyone thought it was just a story though until we dug up another manuscript that showed the location of ME. So we, a crew of the most dedicated fans on the planet, have joined together to find ME. Our mission is to find out if ME is really there (we probably expect at the beginning that we are going to find evedence of ME and the civilizations in it, and not ME itself.)
Old 04-02-2003, 08:17 AM   #7
Fimbrethil

That's really cool but I think we need more people before we can start. And in real life I'm not short just to let you know!

Old 04-02-2003, 08:59 PM   #8
Tári_of_Varies_Nienna
Hobbit

Ooh...no elves? Phooey...so we all have to be humans? Great...now i have to change that.
"This is the day you will always remember as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow."-captain jack sparrow
"But why is the Rum gone?"-Captain Jack Sparrow
"Is that the reason for the whole"-*moves his arms around and looks drunk*-Will Turner
"Ye dont know what this is, do ye? Aztec gold."-Captain Barbossa
"So there is a curse. Thats interesting."-Captain Jack Sparrow
"You want pain? Try wearin a corset."-Elizabeth Swann
"I hardly believe in ghost stories anymore, Captain Barbossa."-Elizabeth Swann
"Ye best start believin in ghost stories Ms. Turner. You're in one."-Captain Barbossa
"Hey. Your not dead."
"Im not? So it is." *jack turns around to see pirates then turns around again to see hes surrounded*
"Paelealelgle."
*pirates look at him funny*
"Paeelelalelaleleal. Pealelalealle. Parsley, parsnip, par-"
"Parlay?"
"Yes. Thats the one. Parlay."-Captain Jack Sparrow and crew of Black Pearl.
"You wouldn't want to be doin that."
"No, I assure you, I think I do."
"Your funeral."
*barbossa sighs*
"Why wouldnt I wanna be doin this?"-Captain Jack Sparrow + Captain Barbossa
Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me.
~nef
Tári_of_Varies_Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 12:39 AM   #9
TopazJedi
Elven Warrior

It's okay! Like i said before, you only have to change the fact that you are human, not everything else. BTW, We still need more characters, and this is a great RPG for newer people to join because you don't have to have created your character yet, you can just post as yourself.
Old 04-06-2003, 10:47 PM   #10
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
I would love to Join. Now for someone with a normal name:

Name: Marcus Adams
Race: Human
Place of Origin: Plum Tree, North Carolina
Preferred Weapon: A good old Uzi (or a luger, whichever is available)
Role: Chief Engineer
Birthdate: 04/01/1976 (you're tellin' ME it sucks... I grew up being called my parents' little April Fools joke)
Bio: Former Navy SEAL, trained in special ops (6 years: ages 17-22). Then transferred to Sub duty and engineer training (5 years: ages 22-26). I know that's quite a step down, but hey, give me a break. I got sick of killing people with forks. Has been serving under (hey, TJ, what's your character's name) for a year
Personality: a little rough around the edges, but exudes that typical southern politeness.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."

Last edited by Nariel : 04-11-2003 at 02:05 PM.
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 11:48 PM   #11
TopazJedi
Elven Warrior

Ooh, i forgot to say! hadn't even thought about it!

Character: Tabitha Jane Wolfe (that way you can still call me T.J. )

Occupation: Leader of the archaeologists, and in charge of the crew

Weapon: She is an archaelogist, so she can handle ancient weapons like a sword and knives, but usually doesn't like using modern weapons, though she can shoot a gun if neccesary.

Personality: Very optimistic, Loves to laugh, kinda gets sucked up into whatever she is doing, at the expense of everything else. She can speak Quenya and Sindarin fluently, as well as conversational Dwarvish (what's the name of the language again ).

My character will be incharge of the entire mission, but someone else who is under me can take care of the military aspect (getting us to middle earth and protection and stuff). We will only need a few military kind of people because we are not expecting to find a living middle earth, and therefore, we only need them to help get the archaeologists to ME and back to the surface again. Obviously, once we find ME alive and thriving, our mission changes to that of trying to help the people there fight the bad guys (BTW, we still need some baddies ).

Last edited by TopazJedi : 04-09-2003 at 12:21 AM.
TopazJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 08:07 PM   #12
Fimbrethil

I want the military part!! Anyway untill we get to middle of the earth and find out what my dwarvish name is (see above post. my above for all you other goffies who would have looked at TJ post and not mine). Any way my is Jennifer Lillie call me jen. Now for that military part...I'm in charge...Uhhhhh...Okay so I'm out of ideas right now give me a day or two I'll be creative!

Old 04-11-2003, 02:03 PM   #13
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Since my character is a former Navy SEAL, he can also help out with the miltary stuff. That should be interesting... a former SEAL under the authority of a dwarf... hmmm...

Funny Error Messages...

It came with my PC;
Mistakes I cannot sea.
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Old 04-13-2003, 10:25 PM   #14
Amaranthea
Enting

Strider

Ack, this is such a cool premise. Can't wait to start playing.

I'm going to take full advantage of the whole "ME creatures in your bloodline" thing.

Name: Abigail Reese (for lack of creativity at the moment, yes, I *am* using my real name.)
Sex: Female
Race: Human (duh)
Occupation: Abbie is a reporter that is moving quickly on the track for success. She was granted full and exclusive coverage of the new exploration of the Earth's crust. She is going with the crew and, basically, is the only reporter that will know what is going on!
Brief background: Well, you already know that she will be the exclusive reporter for this mission...she has a boyfriend, named Scott; was a wiz kid in college and graduated two years early, hence why she is working at the age of 23, with such a plush assignment, I might add
Appearance: Fair skin, blue eyes, auburn hair, tallish, about 6'1.
Other: Alright, here's where the "bloodline" thing comes in. Abigail's ancestors are/were...umm....one of them was a she-elf, and the other...well, the other was Sauron.
Personality: quick temper, caustic wit, pessimistic. If in a bad situation, she's the one groaning, "We're all going to die."
Fighting skills/Weaponry: A paranoid person, Abbie has taken Shotokan karate, and always carries a bowie knife and a kubaton upon her person.
Amaranthea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 01:20 PM   #15
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

OOc:You know this reminds me of Atlantis movie.
Lets start PLEASE
Old 04-14-2003, 08:38 PM   #16
Fimbrethil

AAAAHHHHHH!!! Amaranthea was Saurons Decendent!?!?! No I don't like that, are you going to be evil? I'll make the first post for when start!

Jen:Marcus! Is everything loaded? We need to move and soon.

Marcus: Yes,everything is loaded. And I still don't see why you are in charge.

Jen: Because you are a navy seal and they work in WATER! We are not going in water as I would hope you know by now. I have experience with dirt, I know more about digging than you so don't complain.

Abigal:So what's going on right now?

Marcus:We're loading the trucks.

Abigal:I see...and what are they doing?

OOC:Okay someone elses turn! Hey Nariel this gonna be fun I think you and I should be the comic relief to this. You know I'm the short one your the tall one...

Old 04-16-2003, 08:50 AM   #17
TopazJedi
Elven Warrior

OOC: Yeah, we can start now. I haven't been able to get for two days cause i was sick (high fever, super sore throught etc.) and might not come back for a day or two since i'v got bunches of scool to finish. SO go ahead w/ the story, i'll post when i can. (BTW Abbie, i feel sorry for the elf But cool idea!)
Old 04-16-2003, 02:21 PM   #18
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Wait!

You need someone who knows machines, don't you?

Name: Jessica Millerette
Race: Human (no, really?) has Hobbits and elves somewhere in her ancestry
Appearance: Just over 5 ft, she's really slim and graceful with glasses/ contacts and braces. Hobbit ancestry betrayed by love of good food and the fact that she never wears shoes except at school - the bottoms of her feet are tougher than most shoes.
Eyes: Change with mood
Skin: Tan, golden cast
Position: Machine worker (makes sure everything is good, fixing it if it isn't)
Bio: A sophomore in high school, she is amazingly good at working with machines. She hooked up with the mission because her father is a big sponser of the project,(under the belief that they are searching for ways to use the core's geothermal energy) yet she's good enough that she didn't have to be given a position, she could have earned it herself. What Jessica wants more than anything, ironically, is to find a fantasy world with no technology to speak of where she can live like a character in her beloved books.
Weapons: She joined the SCA some time ago, and learned to shoot a shortbow very well and wield a falchion, both of which she now carries. She also carries a pistol that she modified, to shoot small bombs and knockout-gas-filled pellets, and can shoot it with deadly accuracy, if deep reluctance.
Personality: Deceptivly cheerful, she is perpetually sad because she is searching for something that no one else believes exists. (Except her crew members, so she becomes happier around them)
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

Last edited by Kalile : 04-17-2003 at 12:22 AM.
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 12:23 PM   #19
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Quote:

Jen: Because you are a navy seal and they work in WATER! We are not going in water as I would hope you know by now. I have experience with dirt, I know more about digging than you so don't complain.

Abigal:So what's going on right now?

NOT exactly what would have happened.

Here's what really would have happened...

Marcus: With all due respect, Ma'am, for those of y'all who have less than a tenth grade education, let's have a little bit of a lesson, shall we, class? SEAL is an acronym, standing for "Sea, Air, and LAND Specialist." I have been extensively trained in all types of work, so that the government could use me for any type of job. And while you may have slightly more digging expertise than I do, I maintain that Any idiot with a shovel and biceps can dig a hole. And also, I hope I do have to remind you that I have killed people in their sleep and made it look like acute kidney failure due to food poisoning.

Jen: Was that a threat?

Marcus: No, Ma'am, just a factual statement.

Abigail: So what's going on now?

Funny Error Messages...

It came with my PC;
Mistakes I cannot sea.
-Janet Minor

Last edited by Nariel : 04-20-2003 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:51 PM   #20
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Shall we all recieve letters telling us that we have been selected to go on such a mission?

ic:I mobbed the sweat off my forhead after getting away from the cameras steaming light. I had just finished my seasons special on cooking pumpkins for holloween. (is it october?) I sat down next to my partner who handed me a parchment which she declared was my mail.
I skimmed the paper expecting it to be nothing more then a fans question or a bill I had forgotten to pay. Yet as my eyes came to the end of the first paragraph I almost screamed in half laughter and joy.
Is this prank?" I aksed my partner who looked at me curiosely.
"No. I don't think so" she responded half sure.
"I have been asked to serve on a mission to go to Middle earth."
My partner only laughed atb this and said "That is just a legend. Who would pay for such research."
I read the letter sender and declared in happiness "Tabitha Jane Wolfe "
At that I left her wondering and went to pack my stuff so I could meet this T.J at once.
I wrote to my boss that I ws going to be absent and she only raged that I was waisting my time. I only said that this is my break and I had no certain time of coming back.