Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-16-2003, 07:00 AM   #161
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Mara smiled as she saw Shuina waving enthousiastically with a pastry. She sat down next to her friend and sniffed the elven food. It smelled good and Mara's stomach growled in anticipation. She quickly attacked the food.

While taking a few slices of bread she looked at the rest of her group. Shuina still looked a little sleepy but seemed to be in reasonable high spirits. Mr. Emrys, or Myrrdin (she hadn't really figured out which one she was to call him) was rather silent and thoughtfull. Dr. Martinez looked a bit pale and troubled. Mara wondered if she has slept at all. The other girl Jenna seemed wonderfully at ease in this elven environment.

From the corner of her eye Mara saw Arantar approaching. A smile played across the ageless face as he saw his human guests enjoy their breakfast. Though as Mara looked at him, she imagined seeing a worried frown cross the Elf's face.

The Elf solfty coughed untill he had the attention of his guests. "The boat is ready," he said. "We're loading in some stores and a few items you may find useful on your yourneyl. You can be on your way to Ireland by noon. From that point on you're on your own. Our power does not stretch that far."
Old 06-02-2003, 02:15 PM   #162
Earniel

OOC: Was there an 'Abandon ship!' and no one informed me of it? So is this RPG truly dead?
Old 06-02-2003, 02:17 PM   #163
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: No. If people would just keep posting...grrr...
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 07:34 PM   #164
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
ooc: NO! DOn't let it die!!!! Here, I'll even post to give you all something to deal with...

KAthy looked around at breakfast as she poked at her food. She wasn't hungry. "WHere's Dr. Jenstad?" she asked.

"He left during the night," said one of the elves. "He felt he was no use to the group."

Kathy was grieved. He was pretty much her only friend. And the only one that wouldn't stand to see her slowly going insane. Why would he have left?

As they loaded into the boat later, she was still in a blue mood from having heard that. Or maybe it was caused by the growing shadow in her mind.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 08:47 AM   #165
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: YES! Everyone Post!
Old 06-04-2003, 01:25 PM   #166
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

OOC: Alright, alright!! -_- Don't be so pushy...

Shuina blinked. "Oh... ship. Right."

A few elves turned around and blinked politely in return, then shifted back into their seats. Shuina blushed in embarrassment. She must be more groggy than she had thought.

'Still,' she thought, clearing the space around her plate, "I should be awake at least until we get to the ship. Then I can get some sleep. Meanwhile... did I pack everything? And did Mara forget anything...' Shuina walked quickly to her room.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 04:58 AM   #167
Earniel

OOC: You know Finrod, people might be more inspired to post by an actual post from you than just an order to post.

IC:

In her room Mara quickly stuffed her things into her rucksack. Not that she had brought so much with her considering their rather hasty departure from America. She checked whether the Ring was still securely attached to her key chain. It would be rather embarrasing if that was the one thing she would forget to pack, however unlikely.

After a last check in her room, she closed the door. It had a feeling of finality about that Mara didn't really like.

She quickly went to the boat where some of the rest were already loading in their personal luggage. Dr. Martinez looked mightly downcast. The departure of Dr. Jenstad had hit her pretty hard it seems. Mara wondered if she should go and talk to her. Finally she walked over to dr. Martinez. "I'm sorry about your friend," she said softly.
Old 06-11-2003, 01:39 PM   #168
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Before the boats left, Arantar gave each of them an elven dagger and elven cloak. "These I give you for your journey."
Then he smiled and said "You will have hardship, but together you will suceed."
He then embraced Mr. Emrys and whispered something in his ear. Then, the boats left. Carrying The original group from America (minus Dr. Jenstad) , the two teenagers from the airport, Aragorn's heir and the elf who had led them through the mist.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 10-23-2005 at 01:59 AM.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:54 PM   #169
Earniel

Mara put the cloak and dagger in her rucksack. They were very beautiful but hardly something to walk around in. They still were in the modern world, even if the visit to Avalon had made it seem otherwise.

The wind brought a welcome breeze of fresh sea air. There was some mist at sea but the elven helmsman steered the boat well. And the little company were in reasonably good spirits. They were succeeding in escaping the nazgûl which was always a good reason for merriment. Even dr. Martinez seemed to have accepted the departure of dr. Jenstad.

"How long will it take us to get to Ireland?" Mara asked the elf at the helm.

"With this wind, but a few hours, young one. Be at ease and enjoy the beauty of the sea. Hear how gulls cry! It's a good day to be at sea!"

Mara smiled at the term 'young one' and at the enthousiasm of the elf. Soon they would be in Ireland. And after that Mr. Emrys' jet could take them to Russia where dr. Martinez could get them at the shuttle to shoot that blasted piece of gold into the sun. Theoretically it sounded good, time would tell if reality went just as smooth.
Old 06-25-2003, 04:31 AM   #170
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Shuina had gotten her sea-legs a bit later than the rest, so she spent the first two or three days on the ship in the cabin, trying to keep her balance. So it was a lot later when she felt that she could walk around without being bowled over. When she did, though, the teen spent a large amount of time exploring the ship, asking the steers-elf a variety of questions (which he managed to stave off gallantly), looking at the sea, and studying maps. She was mostly pleased with the entire sea-going experience, and knew that this happy time would probably stop abruptly. So she tried to make the others as cheerful as possible. With, admittedly, little success.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 05:10 AM   #171
Earniel

It was early in the evening when they finally reached Ireland. A convenient fog was slowly rising; it would hide their landing from prying eyes. They couldn't exactly enter the harbour with their Elven ship so they were put on land a little further off.

Quickly the luggage was unloaded and soon the entire little fellowship stood on Irish ground. With a last goodbye the Elven ship turn around and disappeared in the fog.

"Let's go," said Mr. Emrys. "We don't have to go far tonight but I would like to get there before it's get to dark."

None of them objected. Staying out at night in the darkness was something no one was very keen on.

"Wait, did anyone hear that?" Mara said suddenly.

"What did you hear?" asked Dr. Martinez.

"Something like a scream."

"Probably just a gull," offered Jenna.

Suddenly they all heard a faint, far-off but well known screech. Mara and Dr. Martinez paled.

"No!" cried Mara in panic. "It's the nazgûl! They can't have found us so soon!"

"Hush, be calm" said Mr. Emrys sternly. "The fog will hide us."

"The fog won't bother them! They can see me right through it!"

OOC: This will be my last post for a month. I'm going on holiday tomorrow. See you!
Old 09-09-2003, 11:32 AM   #172
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Mr. Emrys nodded thoughfully. "Paddle faster," he said, "we may need some magic soon, and I must prepare myself."