Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-02-2002, 04:36 PM   #81
AudrentheRanger
Enting

Location: Grey Havens, Middle Earth, in my own special place, a world unknown and magical, or perhaps of questing and flying like an Eagle with Gwaihir
ooc: isn't Marlin spelled Merlin?

The Wings of the Wind are swift indeed.

I am a bookworm.

"Fly you fools!" I'm no fool, but I would gladly fly!
AudrentheRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 05:03 PM   #82
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Mara looked up. "What do you mean you didn't book this trip?" Then who knew? Who knew that they were coming here? A sudden wave of claustrophobia hit her. "Stop this bus!" she yelled. "I want out! NOW!" The driver obeyed if somewhat puzzled. As soon as the bus halted Mara opened the door and jumped out. She half ran a few paces away from the bus before she stopped. She drew a few deep breaths before she felt even remotely better. She had never felt claustrophobic before, why now? "This is your doing, isn't it?" she hissed softly. But the ring in her pocket didn't reply.
Old 12-02-2002, 05:33 PM   #83
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
"Tolkien," muttered Jenna, "Ring. The Lord of the Rings. And elves...you -- or WE need to find elves. Why?"

Jenna had read The Lord of the Rings multiple times, at her mother's insistence, and had loved the books, although she admitted this only to herself. She always pretended not to like anything having to do with her birth mother, Deborah Walker. Not that Deborah Walker had had all that much to do with her daughter. She'd never even told Jenna who her father was, or anything about him, save a first name Jenna had always thought was fictitious anyway: Sylvan.

But if The Lord of the Rings was a true story, there was now a very real possibility that Jenna had never before considered.

While Jenna was still trying to figure things out, the girl who had first introduced herself started yelling at the driver to stop the bus. Jenna looked at Charles, and together, the two ran after Mara, followed closely by the rest of the group.

Last edited by Silverstripe : 12-02-2002 at 05:37 PM.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 06:56 PM   #84
AudrentheRanger
Enting

Location: Grey Havens, Middle Earth, in my own special place, a world unknown and magical, or perhaps of questing and flying like an Eagle with Gwaihir
Suddenly, Charles stumbled.

As he caught himself, Jenna saw the look on his face.

"Jenna, do you remember what your mother said about your father?" he asked her.

"Yes,"Jenna replied.

"Did your mom say anything about Elves?"

I am a bookworm.

Old 12-02-2002, 07:07 PM   #85
Silverstripe

Jenna nodded.

"Every conversation I ever had with her seemed to be about The Lord of the Rings, so of course she mentioned elves." Not that Jenna had had all that many conversations with Deborah Walker, and all of them had been within the past year.

She gazed intently at him.

"Are you thinking that maybe Sylvan -- wasn't a name?"

Charles didn't say anything, so she continued:

"Well, I've always been rather fanciful, so naturally I've entertained the notion that I was a half-elf. But never seriously. I mean, I could've sort of looked the part, I always thought it was COMPLETELY impossible. Now having elven blood isn't impossible anymore. Though it still seems quite improbable, of course. Just one of my childhood fantasies, really."

Last edited by Silverstripe : 12-02-2002 at 10:59 PM.
Old 12-02-2002, 09:38 PM   #86
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

In spite of her weakness, Shuina hobbled as fast as she could to Mara's side. "Mara? Is anything the matter?"

"Shut up, you."

Shuina was puzzled. "Me?"

Mara blinked, turned, and smiled. "Nothing. Just this damned ring."

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 02:38 PM   #87
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: Zavron, I'm gonna ask that you not play a character that is Istari, elf maybe, but not Istari.

Quote:
Originally posted by AudrentheRanger
ooc: isn't Marlin spelled Merlin?
OOC: Yes it's spelled Merlin. Marlin is sometyhing different than Merlin, it's an island. Don't worry I'll explain later.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 12-03-2002 at 02:41 PM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 02:41 PM   #88
Silverstripe

"Come on, let's catch up with the others," said Jenna. She ran to join Mara and Shuina.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:45 PM   #89
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

ooc: Ok I'll be an elf
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 02:53 PM   #90
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Mr. Emrys looked at Jenna, "Yes, I thought you looked elvish, that's part of the reason I asked you to come. You didn’t know?” Jenna shook her head.
“Well,” said Mr. Emrys, “I guess I should tell you everything now.” They all sat on the grass. “I believe I remember everything now. I am Myrddin Emrys, translated that is Merlin Ambrosious. Which means yes, I am the Merlin of King Arthur. My mother was a noblewoman of Britain, my father I never knew but he was the son of Arantar, king of the high elves of Marlin. Marlin was a continent. Marlin was the only other place, other than Middle Earth…and Valinor…where elves resided en masse. Marlin was created by the Ainur but left much more to it’s own devices, whether Morgoth had a hand in it’s evil, none know. The first two to awaken there were Osan, the Elf king, and Izak, lord of the evil sogan. That is unimportant, what is important is that Arantar’s third wife was the daughter of Elrohir, son of Elrond. That is how, distantly, I have Maiar blood, through Luthien down to Elrond. Arantar was a full blooded elf. That was shortly before the destruction of Marlin. It fell, like Atlantis before it. However, Arthur was also distantly descended from elves and the sword Excalibur was the sword of Osan. There were gems of power which the elves created, most were lost in Marlin’s fall but some were saved. The second greatest of the elfstones was the one set in the hilt of Excalibur.”

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 10-17-2005 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-03-2002, 03:00 PM   #91
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

“The elves who escaped Marlin, including Arantar, came to Britain where they settled Avalon and they shrouded it with magic. Glastonbury Tor is not Avalon, though it is the closest thing to it seen by man. For the elves once had a colony there. Now we have seen that Mara is to be the ring bearer.” Mara dropped her head. “I believe that Shuina has a part to play as well. Shuina, you will be the protector of Mara and we must find you a weapon of power. And not only marlinean elves remain, those who we know as ‘Tolkien’s elves’ are very, very few, but a few remain, hiding in Britain. Now we must go to Avalon, but I know a place where you can wait not far from here. From there, I will go to see if the eleves remain and send back for you.”

The company walked for an hour until they came to a hill. Mr. Emrys stopped them. “Rest here, this is where I first got lost as a child and was led to Avalon and my grandfather Arantar, and you can call me Myrddin now if you like, although Merlin might be too obvious. I will return soon.”

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 12-03-2002 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-03-2002, 03:18 PM   #92
Laicalasse
Elven Warrior

hello. um....... can i join please? i have a hobbit character and an elf character:

Elf:
Name: Laicalasse Silverwood
Wrom: DOTWFAOB
Looks: long blonde hair with black streaks. short for an elf. slight curl at the end of her hair.
Abilities: Can call up the wind, fire, water and earth spirits. can also fight rather well with bow and arrows or two long-knives also has three daggers for emergencys.

Hobbit:
Name: Lily Took
Wrom: UZXUWLSZL
Looks: black curly hair. tall for a hobbit.
Abilities: fights with bow and arrows. also with short sword that glows blue when orcs are close. (from Gondolin. like Sting)
The elves, Laicalasse among them, boarded the grey ship and sailed away. With one last call of "Come to Valinor, love. Come to me. I will wait for you" from Laicalasse, the ship sailed out of hearing and elven sight. Legolas watched it sail away and heard Laicalasse's last call. With sadness he could not understand he murmured to the wind "I'll come to you love. Await me in Valinor. I'll come." The wind heard and carried it to Laicalasse's ears. She smiled as the ship drew ever closer to Tol Eressea, The Lonely Isle.

From- Laicalasse's Tale. NOT for Purists.

I'm sooooooooo melodramatic. I scare myself sometimes. Which is bad. Very bad.

I scare normal people. Badly. Normal people beware!

*thinks of humorus things to type* I can't think of anything!!!!

Once i shot myself in the foot. I was talking to someone with my arrow pointed at my foot. I let go in shock at something. I was even more shocked at that then i was at what she told me.

I'm a hobbit, I'm a Queen,
I'm an elf on my knees...........

that song is totally me. if you don't know what song i'm refering to, ask me.

I've posted Laicalasse's Tale, my story, on fanfiction.net. I only have two chapters so far but I'll soon have more as i write them. my pen name is Laicalasse. I like that name. duh.

Did you know that 'Took' means 'Fool'? it does. so when Gandalf says "Fool of a Took," he's really saying "Fool of a Fool."

Last edited by Laicalasse : 12-03-2002 at 03:19 PM.
Laicalasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 03:20 PM   #93
Laicalasse
Elven Warrior

ack! the elf is from mirkwood and the hobbit is from the shire. it wouldn't edit and it came up wrong. sorry.
The elves, Laicalasse among them, boarded the grey ship and sailed away. With one last call of "Come to Valinor, love. Come to me. I will wait for you" from Laicalasse, the ship sailed out of hearing and elven sight. Legolas watched it sail away and heard Laicalasse's last call. With sadness he could not understand he murmured to the wind "I'll come to you love. Await me in Valinor. I'll come." The wind heard and carried it to Laicalasse's ears. She smiled as the ship drew ever closer to Tol Eressea, The Lonely Isle.

Once i shot myself in the foot. I was talking to someone with my arrow pointed at my foot. I let go in shock at something. I was even more shocked at that then i was at what she told me.

I've posted Laicalasse's Tale, my story, on fanfiction.net. I only have two chapters so far but I'll soon have more as i write them. my pen name is Laicalasse. I like that name. duh.

Did you know that 'Took' means 'Fool'? it does. so when Gandalf says "Fool of a Took," he's really saying "Fool of a Fool."
Old 12-03-2002, 03:21 PM   #94
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: Please Sign up at the "LOTR 2002" thread. You can be the elf who finds me in the mists on the way to Avalon. I will play Arantar. I think we should leave any hobbits till later though. Your elf can be one of the few remaining "Tolkien Elves".

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 12-03-2002 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-03-2002, 03:22 PM   #95
Laicalasse
Elven Warrior

thankyou

Old 12-03-2002, 03:23 PM   #96
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: Please try to read what has happened so far, it's a bit complicated. Everyone try to read my two long posts, yes they're long but explain a lot.
Old 12-03-2002, 03:29 PM   #97
Laicalasse
Elven Warrior

i gotta go now so i'll read it later. see ya!

Old 12-03-2002, 05:54 PM   #98
AudrentheRanger
Enting

Charles looked at Jenna. She seemed pale.
"What's wrong?" he asked.

I am a bookworm.

Old 12-03-2002, 06:03 PM   #99
Silverstripe

"Didn't you hear what Mr. Emrys said?" asked Jenna. She could not yet bring herself to use his first name.

"If Mr. Emrys is right -- and I'm certain that he is -- then I really am a half elf. All my life, Charles, you know I always hoped there was some mysterious reason my mother couldn't be in my life. Now I think that there really is one. I've just out that my life wasn't what I thought it was, that I am not what I thought I was, and it isn't easy."

Jenna smiled weakly at her cousin.

"I'll be okay. Just need a little time to think."
Old 12-03-2002, 06:28 PM   #100
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Mara rubbed her temples slowly. Things were getting weirder and weirder. Elven colonies, wizards, halfelven and God knew what more. Mara was sure that any one mentioned forming a fellowship, she'd scream. She glanced sideways at Shuina who was sitting next to her. So she would become my protector, mused Mara. She shivered. Let's hope it doesn't comes to that.

"Shuina," Mara said, "can you promise me something?"
Shuina gave Mara a questioning look, mixed with some concern. "Depends on what it is..." she replied slowly.
"If I start hissing and muttering 'gollum, gollum' hit me, okay?"
Shuina looked at her for a second and then nodded.

Last edited by Earniel : 12-03-2002 at 06:34 PM.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote