Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-26-2002, 01:32 PM   #61
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Mr. Emrys blinked, drink intended for Shuina in hand. "That I have Maiar blood?"

Kathy (OOC: What should the students call her? Dr. Martinez?) shrugged. "I don't know. You just seem like Gandalf or somethin'."

Shuina, paler than a ghost, weakly lifted up a hand. "Um... hello? Can I state an opinion about my condition?"

Dr. Jenstad nodded.

Shuina continued. "There's a black shadow over my eyes. Not good. But I don't feel cold, just kinda tired. And it's only the arm that carried the wood - the right- that's numb. So therefore, I can't've been stabbed by a Morgul blade. It's probably the Black Breath, which is, in some ways, worse."

Mara asked, "And... how?"

Shuina said in a low tone. "When you have been stabbed by the Morgul blade, you slowly become like one of those wraiths, stuck in the Shadows beneath the Great Eye, all day, all night."

Kathy nodded, verifying Shuina's words.

Dr. Jenstad commented, "I don't know what's worse than that..."

Shuina turned her head towards Dr. Martinez. "Do you remember the part when Merry and Eowyn defeated the Witch King? Or maybe, so it seemed?"

Kathy nodded again.

Shuina continued. "They fell unconscious, wandering through nightmares endlessly, until they almost died in their sleep. At least, that's how I think it worked. But there was a handy Long-Lost King around, with some handy Athelas. Now, as you can see, there are no more Athelas, and no more King. And-" She broke off, shivered convulsively, and continued. "I don't want to die."

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!

Last edited by Claenoic : 11-26-2002 at 01:34 PM.
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 02:43 PM   #62
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Mr. Emrys eyes, which had been dull, suddenly lit up. "We need to get to Britain. I've just remembered something from the back of my memory."
"What?" asked Dr. Martinez.
Mr. Emrys smirked, "Avalon"

The group rushed to the airport and got into Mr. Emrys private jet where he sat next to Mara.
"Listen, I do know that the sun is much hotter than Orodruin, by I think a great aspect of the fact that the ring could only be destroyed there, is that it was created there. I thuink we shall meet someone who can help us in Britain. I don't know why but, memories are coming back to me, memories that I really don't think I should have. Memories of an ancient time. My first name is Myrddin, which translated is Merlin. And my memories are of Arthurian days. I am as confused as you but...do you think that perhaps..."
He trailed off.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 04:33 PM   #63
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

"I see." said Mara. Yet she couldn't manage to make her voice sound convinced. Not that she even noticed it, too much had happened the last day that Mara didn't understand and she hated not understanding something. Besides that she had begun to feel a dull pressure on her brain ever since they had left Mr. Emrys' house. She was sure it was that "little golden bastard" as she had started calling the ring by herself.

She tried to concentrate again on what Mr. Emrys was saying. Lord of the rings, King Arthur, Merlin,.... It was all stuff she had read once but now it all seemed so hazy. Why? She used to have a good memory for books.

You can end this.... a part of her said. The ring has no power over you. You know it, you're stronger than a mere hobbit. You can use it, Mara. Put it on. Put it on! Mara closed her eyes. "Shut up." she said. Mr. Emrys besides her looked up surpised. "What?" he asked. "Um, sorry. Not you." said Mara quickly.

OOC: I actually liked the idea of stealing a shuttle and shooting it into the sun.

Last edited by Earniel : 11-26-2002 at 04:35 PM.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 12:10 AM   #64
Claenoic

Shuina was pacing from the cockpit to the tail, to partly try to keep herself warm, partly keep herself sane, partly to keep herself awake. She was about to leave the cockpit, when the words "King Arthur" and "Avalon" popped out at what was left of her sanity.

She stopped her tortuous walk, and started the lengthy chore of partially throwing off the shadow that covered her eyes. It took longer than usual. That worried the concious part of her mind.

"Avalon? Isn't that the place where King Arthur went to rest until he was ready to come back to England?" she barely heard herself say. Then she fell back into a half stupor.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Old 11-28-2002, 12:10 PM   #65
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

"Yes", said Mr. Emrys, "but there's more to it than that. It's an elven colony. Or was an elf colony, one of the last. And only the elves can help us now. If we can even get to Avalon, we strill don't know if the elves are still there."

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 10-17-2005 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-29-2002, 12:09 PM   #66
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

"I just wish everything made more sense" said Emrys.
Old 11-29-2002, 05:21 PM   #67
AudrentheRanger
Enting

Location: Grey Havens, Middle Earth, in my own special place, a world unknown and magical, or perhaps of questing and flying like an Eagle with Gwaihir
ooc: introducing... Charles Quincy Winters & Jenna Walker!!

ic:The plane landed in a London(ooc:that right?) airport. It was rainy and cloudy and cold. Two figures were waiting for them.
"Hello, Mr. Emrys," one said,"my name's Charles, this is my cousin Jenna."

The Wings of the Wind are swift indeed.

I am a bookworm.

"Fly you fools!" I'm no fool, but I would gladly fly!
AudrentheRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 01:58 AM   #68
Claenoic

OOC: Welcome, Audren! Mayhap it would've been wiser for you to say summat at our discussion thread, LOTR 2000, but never mind. You're here now.

Shuina blinked, shivered, and looked in Jenna's direction. "Who.. they?" She was getting very cold...

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Cheers!
Old 11-30-2002, 06:51 AM   #69
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

ooc: can I ask if any of you have ever been to britain and by the by there aint no avalon around no more people say it drifted off long agoalthough there si the thing that it is glastonbury (sp). I say I'll take another role how about a tourguide that helps you through britain that ends up being an Istari. My name can be David McCartney.

I waited at the london airport standing out in the rain waiting for the plane from america with my new tourists. For two weeks i have been told to take them around the best places in Britain.

''Bloody weather!!'' I blew my nose ''I hate colds!! AACCCHHOO!!! ergh! I need a holiday''

soon a plane came into view and came closer and closer and touche down. The speaker overhead declared the name and cargo of the plane. And slowly but surely the passengers got off the plane, taking there first look at good old England.

I lifted up my card, it had Mr.Emyrs writen on it in big black letters. My new tourists, walked over to two other people and then spotted the sign and they all headed over. I smiled and gave my usual introduction.

''Hello I will be your tour guide around Britain for the whole of your stay! My name is David McCartney, Our first stop is at a restroom and ten we will be on our way. If you will all like to follow me I'll take you to the tour bus.''

I turned and led them to my Transit Mini-Bus.'' If you will all like to step on board we will be on our way''

We stopped at the restroom nad I told them what we will be doing for today.

''First we are going down through Devon and into cornwall where we will be staying at Tintagel, The believed Birth place of King Arthur himself, the first King, with his legendry sword excalibur. While we are there we will be visiting the Castle ruins and Merlins caves.''

Mr. Emyrs put up his hand. ''Will we be going to Avalon!!''
I snorted with laughter, although he didn't seem to find it funny. ''What?''

''There is no such thing as Avalon any more It was lost thousands of years ago, It supposedly drifted ou to sea. Or there is a possibility that it is still here, Avalon was an island, it was connected to britain but it was surrounded by water, It wasn't very big, and after It went missing scientists believe that the sea levelwent down and the land raised out of the water and britain was extended about a Mile. We now believe that when people came to look for avalon they couldn't find it because the land had changed and avalon was no more than just a hill. People came in and built a city around it. that city is called Glastonbury. There is a lot of evidence that proves that it's avalon, but there are still some shady parts around the story. It's time we left for Cornwall it's a two hour drive there from here and the traffics herendous this time of year.''
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by zavron : 11-30-2002 at 07:11 AM.
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 10:52 PM   #70
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
ooc: Zavron! That post made me sneeze!

ic: Jenna smiled as she and Charles boarded the bus, still amused by the shocked look on Mr. Emrys's face as Charles greeted him by name. Her cousin did that with everyone; if he knew your name, he'd greet you like an old friend the moment he met you.

Jenna looked at their tour guide, David McCartney, trying hard to focus on what he was saying. After all, she wanted to learn all she could about England; she'd be living here for a while, with her cousin's family, who had just moved here.

Jenna could have stayed behind in America, at college, but the family had raised her since she was very small, and she wanted to stay with them. Anyway, being in England gave her an excuse not to visit her birth mother, the woman that had left her in the care of her aunt and uncle shortly after she was born.

And then she waltzes in and expects me to just welcome her back into my life, after eighteen years?! thought Jenna angrily. Her mother had shown up about a year ago, acting as if she'd never abandoned her daughter, like everything should be perfectly normal between them.

When she heard one of the tourists (Mr. Emrys) ask about Avalon, she grinned at Charles. Well, that was one man with an active imagination!

Last edited by Silverstripe : 12-01-2002 at 01:38 AM.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 01:54 AM   #71
Silverstripe

Then Jenna saw Emrys's expression, and a cold chill ran down her spine. That man was serious, dead serious. Yet he seemed sane enough. She looked around at the people he was with; all of them had the same look of fear and a certain amount of desperation. Why? Were they all criminals, running from the law? Or did they need help? What was it about them?!

Jenna's curiousity got the better of her, and she decided to talk to the others. Leaning across the aisle, mentally apologizing to her tour guide for being rude, she whispered, "Hello, I'm Jenna Walker, I just moved here, and I'm really interested in the Arthurian legends. Like Avalon. How about you?"

That Emrys! Why did he seem so familiar?
Old 12-01-2002, 07:01 AM   #72
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Mara tapped with her fingers on the side of her seat impatiently. Didn't they have other matters to settle than making tours in Brittain? She was born here for crying out loud! It was not as she didn't know Brittain... and then there were the ringwraiths on their trail.... Mara shivered.

Then suddenly the girl they had met at the airport leaned over and said her name was Jenna. "I'm Mara Atkins" Mara introduced herself. "I was born here so I know a thing or two about Arthur and his Round Table." "And I don't really have time to go through another tour again." she muttered softly enough for no one else to hear.
Old 12-01-2002, 12:09 PM   #73
zavron

David: ''And on your right now you will see Dartmoor, Wher The famous fictional carachter, Sherlock Holmes That is!, Battled the Hound Of The Baskervilles!! And just over that hill now, you will see Dartmoor Prison!! Famous for its iscolation from the rest of the world, Many of the prisoners there go mad because of it!!''

They were Driving through Devon at this time, And cornwall was just about an Hour away.

I walked down the bus to Mr.Emrys.

''Are you interested in the arthurian tales, Mr.Emrys?'' I asked
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-01-2002, 05:02 PM   #74
Silverstripe

Charles tapped Jenna on the shoulder.

"What did our tour guide mean, there's no Avalon anymore?" he whispered, laughing a little, "we've been there!"

Jenna smiled. "Oh, I doubt he means our Avalon!" Of course no one here was going to be asking about some place in California.

She turned back to the other group of tourists.
"Well, I hope you have fun. Are you all from Britain?" asked Jenna. "I lived in Los Angeles before this."
Old 12-02-2002, 12:07 PM   #75
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: Just so you know, the plane was my private jet

IC: Mr. Emrys was annoyed, "We don't need a tour guide, and please mention Avalon aloud. Welcome Jenna and Charles, I hope you will join us, I think Shuina can explain on the bus Mara, hold on, you'll be ok."
Old 12-02-2002, 12:46 PM   #76
Silverstripe

Jenna was very confused by Mr. Emrys's statement.

"Join us?" We're already on the tour together.

But it was more than "the tour," she knew that. And he'd told one of the girls around her age to 'hold on.' Was the one girl injured? One of them did look very weak, but more ill than injured.

Evil is near them, but not yet among them.

Okay, now where had THAT thought come from?! This day seemed to be turning into something out of one of her fantasy books!

"You are on a great ... errand," said Jenna, choosing her words carefully. That, at least, had to be true.
Old 12-02-2002, 02:10 PM   #77
AudrentheRanger
Enting

Location: Grey Havens, Middle Earth, in my own special place, a world unknown and magical, or perhaps of questing and flying like an Eagle with Gwaihir
ooc: I posted in LOTR 2002.

ic:

Charles was thinking. Jenna glanced at him. He was staring at nothing lost in thought. Jenna knew he had taken anthropology once. She didn't know what that had to do with Britain though.

Suddenly, Charles snapped back to life.
"Avalon! Glastonbury! Arthurian Legend! Emrys!"
Everyone looked at him, waiting for an explanation. He suddenly blushed, embarrassed at his outburst.

I am a bookworm.

Old 12-02-2002, 02:42 PM   #78
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Mr. Emrys was impressed. Looking at Jenna he said "Yes, fantasy books indeed. Tolkien to be precise." Jenna was shocked, had he read her thoughts.
"Charles," said Mr. Emrys, "yes, you are on the right track, the words missing from your list were Tolkien, Ring, Elves and Marlin."

Shuina looked at Mr. Emrys strangely, "What is this Marlin?"
Mr. Emrys looked at her, "I'll explain when we get a chance to be alone, our group that is: Myself, Mara, you, the two professors and Jenna and Charles, if they accept."

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 10-17-2005 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-02-2002, 04:20 PM   #79
zavron

''Wait, wat do you mean you don't need a tour Guide!! It was you that booked It!!''

A look of astonishment spread across Mr.Emrys face.

''I assure you Mr.McCartney, I never booked a tour guide.''
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-02-2002, 04:33 PM   #80
AudrentheRanger
Enting

"Then who did?" Charles asked. He was thinking clearly now. His brain had been very muddled.

I am a bookworm.